Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

8 minutes ago, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

Hello,

I am underwhelmed with the content we got for this patch on February 28th. I hope we get some fixes soon to make this better, as I am not hoping this is the level of content we get from now on for my most played game with almost 12K  hours in it, playing it from day one. So curious to see what Anet does and if the listen to what we prefer. Things I would like to change:

- Gyala Delve map:the Idea of a dragonstand kind of map is fine with me. But you can only run it once per day. Anet keeps bragging of all the content they have, but next to some raids, the daily strike and running some drizzlewood or infusion trains there is not much to do (not fan of pvp / wvw) The new map with the mechanics are fine, but we dont have enough Jade miners keycards. Buying these keycards with research notes is rediculous as it does not pay off. You even lose money.... Its fine to pay with karma, but loose the research notes...

If I compare this with drizzlewood it does not even come close to a fun rewarding map now. And if you make content, make it fun in the long run. If we had more Drizzlewoods, or maps like Gyala the amount of keys now I would get. But as most maps are standard and when you completed it, you never come back, there is actual a problem with the amount of content in this game. 

People should decide for themselves if they want to run Gyala delves 10 times per day or only once. But now its waste of time with no keys. So lose the research notes, or give more drops of keys (or like in drizzlewood soms chest with keys). 

- I got a few crashes when at the end of the meta. When i log back in. I cant get in as map is closing, while some extra bosses needs to be killed still. I cant open the chests anymore. So ran like 45 minutes and then no access to the map cause of crashes. Fix this, or make it possible to come back in

- The soo Wun (or how it is spelled) legendary weapon skin is sooooooo bad.. So super underwhelming. My god. I am soo dissaspointed with this. We already have an ice variant. Its like the same, but more blue and bit water coming out of it. Its almost copy paste of the jormag one. I was hoping for a corrupted version. More black ghostly style like in DE end boss or the enemies. Sooooooo very sad this. Would look cool to have a ghostly kind of weapon for like my necro. 

It will probably not change, but this is really a bummer. And what i read on reddit and see on youtube people are not really happy.

So to sum up:

- more keys for the new map (for instance not to pay with research notes / or more drops). all those maps and content is quantity not quality maps. so give us the keys so I have some change and not only have to run drizzlewood

-  Fix those crashes (oh and i still get mail from that vendor)

- do something about that last legendary skin instead this copy paste action

I am sad to see where this game is going. Hopefully some changes will be made.

I cant stop talking about how bad this soo wun skin is.. so sad!

Well propbly waste of my time this... would be suprised as veteran of this game to get a response....

Regards, 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Soo-Won's weapons are ugly, and that it's exactly the same as Jormag's legendaries with a poor blue filter and a splash.
As for the rest, I've already said it all in other posts, but in my eyes this game is clearly nailing the last nails in the coffin. We'll see in the second half, AND mainly I'm waiting to see how they present (and what they present) for their mini-expansions, but considering how they're selling it to us, it's already certain that I'll never pre-order the sequel, and maybe I won't even continue, if they go down this road, after a while if they don't manage to bring the game back to life, let them stop, and focus on their new projects, I already miss the living worlds, because here, what they did, is that they sold us a raid map (in extended mode on the map so we don't notice it) as "LW type map".

All we have to do is wait and see and then decide definitively what will happen to the game, with or without us. 

Fans, you can start to tremble at the collapse of Tyria. 😢

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

No. The filter replenishers are often too far away and you need an unused Jade battery nearby. It’s a mess of a system which doesn’t work and needs removing asap whilst they think of a more suitable and natural mechanic 

Bummer.

Reading about it, it sounded terrible, then I imagined a chain of Mesmers tasked with keeping a supply line going for everyone else, and I thought, "Hey, that could be cool."

But... ah well.

• Confused 5

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

No. The filter replenishers are often too far away and you need an unused Jade battery nearby. It’s a mess of a system which doesn’t work and needs removing asap whilst they think of a more suitable and natural mechanic 

That is simply not true. You have the opportunity to replenish the filters at each camp and there is a jade battery next to each of the stations for the filters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Kimppari.9427 said:

That is simply not true. You have the opportunity to replenish the filters at each camp and there is a jade battery next to each of the stations for the filters.

That is not related to the point. Yes you can replenish at each (it actually overwrites, often leaving you with less as has been reported through this thread). But you cannot Mesmer from the final boss to the nearest camp.

• Like 5

There's enough unique mechanics built into our characters by this point that it seems like it should be doable to design new encounters with them in mind.

"How can we get people to use portals in new ways?"

"... or mount barrier application?"

"...or the gliding skills we introduced in Bloddstone Fen?"

"...or Oakheart's Reach?"

I'm thinking about back when I ran tabletop RPGs. A lot of gamemasters create puzzles and then hope their players find the solutions in them. At some point I realized if I looked at the characters people created, and created puzzles and stories that let them explore their characters in new and unique ways, they had a lot more fun.

And it doesn't mean locking people out. If you design an event so that only 10% of the players present need to Oakheart Reach, players who have LW3 can participate in that part of the event, while the rest do their standard CC/Damage/Support roles. But it adds variety in and rewards players who have horizontally progressed.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Kimppari.9427 said:

You are supposed to recharge the air filters after each camp capture. There is a Jade Battery and another Vendor for the filters at each camp.

Yeh I think I missed one or two in my haste to get to the meta...lol I survived but it was close.

10 hours ago, stuvvo.4753 said:

Before EOD even came out in 2022, he said he wouldn't even do the story, he said he will just play wvw, he said it on a live stream, so you can't guess what he's thinking.

Yeah, the post you've quoted is a great example of a usual doomer who'll constantly keep trying to justify their frustration by creating false justifications for their complaints. 🤷‍♂️

edit: and who would have suspected...

52 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Haven't done it yet.

In that case, better complain already, just to be safe 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

TLDR: Limited, Tedious and Boring.

Keycards limited per day from events, keycards limited per day from npc. My life limited per day per meta. You can see where this is going. Only 10x Ancients chest worth something, do you know what this means? Remember auric basin meta hopping map chests? Same here, hop metas to gather 10x chests. Oh wait you cannot do this because they decided to add filter thing and you need to buy a new filter everytime you change map or you die... actually you don't die you only receive shitload of condi and 90% damage. Good thing you can turn your condi to boons except not all professions can do this but anyway. Best thing is you need to get ambushed at 6 different locations for mask skin. Yeah sure, your average player can solo it(anyone with knowledge of profession, dodge and some stab). I don't even know or care why you are still reading this but anyway thank you for reading this wall of text instead of you know reading TLDR above.

Probably that's the best EoD map. Dark atmosphere and total annihilation and total war. I love it. The problem is the much low FPS, but that is due to player base. So far it's good. It doesn't need buffs or debuffs. Rewards are interesting. Story is good so far. There are some bugs, including ones that needs you to restart the mission. How much we have to wait for the team to contact us after we dwelve into the mines? Still waiting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

I am underwhelmed with the content we got for this patch on February 28th. I hope we get some fixes soon to make this better, as I am not hoping this is the level of content we get from now on for my most played game with almost 12K  hours in it, playing it from day one.

I'm afraid this is exactly the kind of content we can expect. They are secretly working on a new project and therefore will milk this old cow with as little resources as possible spent.

2 hours ago, Dutchdevil.6902 said:

- The soo Wun (or how it is spelled) Soo-Won legendary weapon skin is sooooooo bad.. So super underwhelming. My god. I am soo dissaspointed with this.

You're not the only one. I can't believe that this is it. I mean, they pretty much recycled the animations on almost every previous variant, with only Mordremoth standing out -- but for the final set I did expect a lot more cool detail instead of 100% water. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I am not a fan of maps resetting on a timer.  I did not like it in HoT for Dragons Stand.   This is terrible game design because it completely breaks the 4th wall; kitten gold farmers. The last thing I want in my personal exploration and story and experience is to be "reset" for the sake of the gold farmers.  kitten the gold farmers! lol. 

Other than that.  I think the map is tip top.  Could use some tweaks here and there but overall its a really good map.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1. I like the way the story is going.
  2. I like this map.
  3. The filter system needs polishing. It gives toughness, and a timer in the mine. Cool. Do the 'upgrades' really need that much less time? 
  4. You are supposed to buy the keys guys, its a material sink. You can get 50 from material trade ins.
  5. I like that this meta doesn't waste your time. You are moving from fight to fight. There is a lot of potential for Karma here. There is a lot of potential in the chests.
  6. The 'Outcast' chest are obviously from the GW1 Outcasts. These make no sense to require a keycard. Make these not require a keycard.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

The average gw2 player has encountered break bars many times before reaching this episode. 

...and the average player is still crying about these mechanics. I still remember the outcry over the Eater of Souls during the PoF story. The outcry over the defiance bars during the Soo Won fight is also still fresh in my mind. The average player is bad - as sad as that may be. There simply should be no mechanics that prevent melee builds from participating in the first place.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Raizel.8175 said:

...and the average player is still crying about these mechanics. I still remember the outcry over the Eater of Souls during the PoF story. The outcry over the defiance bars during the Soo Won fight is also still fresh in my mind. The average player is bad - as sad as that may be. There simply should be no mechanics that prevent melee builds from participating in the first place.

the solution isn't to design the game to the lowest common denominator. the solution is to keep throwing these mechanics into the game and make failure devastating so that people are incentivized to learn. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:
  1. I like the way the story is going.
  2. I like this map.
  3. The filter system needs polishing. It gives toughness, and a timer in the mine. Cool. Do the 'upgrades' really need that much less time? 
  4. You are supposed to buy the keys guys, its a material sink. You can get 50 from material trade ins.
  5. I like that this meta doesn't waste your time. You are moving from fight to fight. There is a lot of potential for Karma here. There is a lot of potential in the chests.
  6. The 'Outcast' chest are obviously from the GW1 Outcasts. These make no sense to require a keycard. Make these not require a keycard.

...but it was too small-scope content-wise for one release.

• The story bit, while thematically compelling, was way too short.
  • The meta seems chaotic as the map, as well designed as it may be and beautiful as it may look, is very tangled. The boss fight... well.
  • Core mechanics once again didn't get explained (re: the aforementioned filter system).
  • The criticism that skins at the Gem Store receive more love from the designers than what we get through in-game rewards is also a valid point.
  • The Soo-Won weapon variant is a big disappointment. I was expecting more detail to it.
  • The achievements are lackluster as well and partially bugged.

I hope the devs can take this to heart in a constructive way. I am very much looking forward to the new fractal and strike, but I really wish there were also proper resources for better open world content.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

the solution isn't to design the game to the lowest common denominator. the solution is to keep throwing these mechanics into the game and make failure devastating so that people are incentivized to learn. 

In reality it’s not the solution - it just scares players away. I agree not everything should be lowest common denominator, but making devastating mechanic or high failures and it will have the reverse effect and will end up a disaster of empty events in a game which has always attracted and thrived on a more casually minded player base. The harder you make a game, the narrower the audience.

They need to find a balance and it’s balance they have been able to find before. Perhaps if they tested their product better… (or at all) …then they’d strike it

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I think the story would have benefited from having more impactful instances. 

The first instance was a bunch of f pressing for dialogue and interactables, the haze and jade block scanning was fine and I honestly prefer the map integration of the story to be on the shorter end, and then we get one follow up instance with a boss fight.

Having more action during the story instances might help but it’s a weird point with this release because it’s been so long and they wanted to reflect that in the story. 

I also just think the characters we have this time around are… not interesting. People seemed to like Rama despite him being a less funny/less interesting Canach, and then we have Yao who I had anticipated would get a bit more character development as the majority of their introduction in EoD seemed to solely be based on being non-binary.

Here we get Gorrik acting terribly concerned about Yao and it’s like… uh… cool but why are we as the commander supposed to feel all this emotion for this character when we’ve had minimal interaction with them and have lost characters like Eir, Tybalt, Traeherne, etc.

Yao to me just feels like a throw away character created in the image of a dev or significant other of a dev/writer and now they’re just… forcing them into the story despite Joon and Taimi making more sense as the front and center for this recent chapter. 

And yes, to the exploration/collectibles. Thankfully it’s a blessing to not have them here due to the filter system but there’s so much extra lore and story/speculation that comes from items like these collections that add more replay value.. like the coins in silver wastes.

Throw a collection in there for them, do cool things with achievements that reward exciting things like combat tonics or unique armor skins. 

We keep getting these beautiful highly detailed maps and there are ways to creative more longevity with them beyond meta events and drowning players in unidentified gear. 

Either way, the filter system, the EoD fishing and jade bot masteries, tells me that whoever made IBS is still directing content creation and it’s just making matters worse. Are these systems made to be extra cumbersome to try and stretch out the content? Is it for immersion? 

Doing an event and not having keycards is also a pain. It’s not the first time this has been done as we’ve had numerous iterations of this over the years but each time they keep having to go back and modify it because it just doesn’t work. Like Gherent and the acid stuff, or the machetes - they all get buffed eventually because the system just doesn’t feel enjoyable. Yet we keep repeating it, not learning, and implementing something somehow even worse.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The new map is interesting, beautiful, chaotic atmosphere... I also really like the new variant of legendary weapons.

As for the meta.....a total disaster. Nothing interesting, there are no new mechanics (except for the joke that is the filter mechanic, they managed to implement this mechanic in the WORST possible way).

I don't need to say anything about the mobs, do I? Wasn't it easier to put the aerodrome training golem as enemies? If you want to make the enemies actions the same as it was done, simply put the design skin of the new enemies and use the aerodrome golem mechanic, it's a productivity gain.

Edited by Nakasz.5471
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Yeh I think I missed one or two in my haste to get to the meta...lol I survived but it was close.

I did the meta twice with 1 30 recharge from when interacting with it after the story into.

What was supposed to be the problem those 4-5 5 seconds of some conditions every like what 2 mins?

5 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

What kind of ROI is there on mats->keys->additional chests?

I don't know. I'm sure FastFarming will get that figured out real quick though. Regardless, the fact that you can buy 50 a day for various materials is indicative that this is meant to be a material sink, at least in the short term. We do need more of those.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know. I'm sure FastFarming will get that figured out real quick though. Regardless, the fact that you can buy 50 a day for various materials is indicative that this is meant to be a material sink, at least in the short term. We do need more of those.

We definitely need well designed sinks.

it’ll be interesting to see what Fast Farming discovers.