Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The reality we live in however is one where it didn't get through to way too many of them. Those are not the same realities.

I dont know about reality because I dont know the numbers. All I know when I lead random squads and want the bar broken, I will say in chat 3% in advance "Cc at 75%" and bars get broken. Consistently. I dont really see any issues with players and break bars. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And yet the reality is that most of the players do seem to be incapable of learning those very simple things.

Not doing something is not an indication of why that something is not done. I have never eaten Pecan Pie. This is in no way an indication that I am incapable of ordering and eating such a pie at the restaurant less than a block from my home.

We know that most players are capable of pushing a button. That is all that is required to use a CC.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Might be better to not derail the thread with debates and theory on break bars and how players see challenging mechanics. Better in its own thread - I’d hate to see this thread closed by mods as there’s been a lot of good feedback about the episode otherwise 

• Like 15
  • Confused 3

To me, much of this release felt sort of like an apology for the flaws of IBS and EoD.

Things I liked:

- I like that the map is easy to navigate and explore, and exploration mostly follows the path of the story and meta in a natural way. The scenery is great, plus there's  a few interesting sidetracks for dedicated explorers and two nasty surprises that I won't spoil.

- I liked that the story was short and to the point, instead of taking us all over the place with a bunch of time wasting artificial sidetracks and delays like Joon's house.

- I like that the meta is relatively straightforward. It doesn't have fifty steps and seventy mechanics like Dragon's End. It doesn't have an overload of random AOE and CC effects like Dragonstorm. It doesn't have a massive overload of visual noise on its own; that mostly comes from shiny players. Like the map and the story, it leaves off the needless extras and gets to the point of  fighting the boss.

- I liked that Joon was left silent off screen. She honestly is the worst character in the game. She is an arrogant, petulant, self-absorbed adult child who rightfully should have been turned into a fine red mist in the second episode of EoD when Soo-Won broke out. Then we could have saved Mai from Ankka, and Mai  and "Scarlet" could have improvised the solution from there. It would have been a much better story, leading to an interesting prolonged dynamic with Scarlet's echo running through the rest of the episode and tying back into prior content.

Things I DIDN'T like:

- The "Shots Fired" achievement and its associated event need rework. Right now it feels like "Shots Fired" is probably the hardest achievement in the episode, which I don't think was ANet's  intention.
     - The achievement is tied to one specific event with a limited number of repeats per meta cycle, which is fine. Not everything has to be done in one run of the meta. But sometimes the event bugs out and doesn't happen in a given cycle, which is NOT fine.
     - Assuming the event spawns like it should, there are only a limited number of the snipers per event, which is fine. But the snipers don't behave like other sniper mobs in the game; if you dodge their "lock on" like other snipers, THEY STILL HIT YOU ANYWAY and instantly down you, which causes you to lose your rifle and thus lose credit for the achievement. Super annoying, especially given the limited number of targets and opportunities.

- I don't like the limited number of keys available for chests. Only certain events drops keys, and only once per day, and even if I buy the maximum number of additional keys per day, I'm still going to be walking past a lot of chests I can't open, and that's frustrating. Oh look, the Agitator I just killed dropped a chest! Oh wait, it didn't drop a key for it, so now I have to just walk away from loot. That's a real dirty thing to do to players, to be honest. The key paradigm needs to be like Dragonfall, where all the events drop keys so you can work for them as you need them.

Edited by Jimbru.6014
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 3/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Pretty much. To clarify though, it’s only part of the map. Like part one of Bjora, only one section is available. There’s not much to do outside of the meta unlike in Bjora which had a variety of things to do. The meta itself isn’t awful (except the bosses which are very poor) and whilst it’s a more casual minded chain, it did utilise the turtle really well which I enjoyed. Sadly exploration requires meta progression.

Less said about the haze mechanic the better. The Bjora equivalent isn’t great either, but works better (except for the hideous visual pollution in the shield which still needs changing) and more tactically than here. 

Spending mats for keys to open chests to get mats was a strange idea

Thanks for the clarification and expansion!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/3/2023 at 3:51 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

What's predatory about them?

You cannot make a profit from any of the key purchases on average. They exist specifically to get people who don't know any better to spend materials worth par more than the keys are in order to regulate prices for TP traders. They have effectively hidden "pay some gold to get some silver" behind the material icon. It's a trap for those who don't know any better.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

As others said: It was too little and too late, but I'm mostly happy we finally got a new map again. I love exploring and doing map-based achievements and it was quite long since we got any new ones.

I'm still happy that ArenaNet spent the time bringing back Living World Season 1. I missed all of it back when it was live and I'm happy that I could play it last year. But because it did not bring any new maps I'm glad we finally have one now.

• Like 1

I do not know if this is the right place to put this but I have now done this meta twice, was advised by the Comm to only open the square red chests to save on keys, which apparently drop better items. Missed one of the final after meta bosses but other than that opened all red chests and i got nothing other than around 30 green unid and 15 rare, plus a few white items and crystals. Thats it?!

That happened twice, no new weapons or anything good, is it possible some people are bugged from getting the better items?

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well I did get a chest on my second run with a choice of new stat selectable ascended sword or daggers (2 skin choices). So that's nice for open world meta. This one https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long-Lost_Tahkayun's_Weapon_Stash

Same, but tbh I noticed it after the fact, so not sure if it came from the meta itself or one of the smaller chests.  nvm, the answer is in the wiki now
Well, now I need a second one -I can live without that one short dagger, but I'd like the second one+sword. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Can anet please change the map mechanics after meta is complete to not reset the map? People need to be able to explore. Perhaps give a “leave instance” button like you get after completing strikes, etc. that way you leave when you want.

If you do that, people will keep getting thrown back into instances of the map without a way to participate in the meta.

Personally I don't have an issue with the reset timer of the map, from what I've seen it basically goes non-stop, so you can be thrown into another instance of the map and -if not right away then soon enough- go where you wanted to go anyways.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’d be happy with a longer downtime between resets. Even if just an extra 10-15 mins. Removing it entirely I think would cause more issues as it currently stands until ep2. Being continuous seems to work right now, although I wouldn’t be surprised if when they open out the map they change it. It works in the contained corridor, but if we get double the size, it’s going to impact whatever goes on over there.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Wow... and I was so excited to explore new areas in Cantha. I loved that so much in GW1.

That's the problem with nostalgia.  It often disappoints.  This is one of the reasons I was disappointed with Anet's decision to go to Cantha in GW2.  I had preferred a new area/zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Shhh don’t criticize this game. The posters with 1000+ will pop in to tell you that you’re wrong and the game is the best it’s ever been. 

Not all of us, and fewer than it probably feels. Even some of the forum citizens I remember from launch continually giving GW2 the benefit of the doubt also have their criticisms.

There are relatively few people here who will badger and nitpick every criticism of the game. Their aggressiveness makes them feel bigger than they are.

For my part, I love a lot of GW2, but am nervous enough about its current state and future to be wrestling over these juicy 30% off March sales.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The ambushes are very good - prefer enemies that can kill you quickly but also be killed quickly. Better than bullet sponges as most of pve is.

The map isn't that interesting to me - appreciate the work in the structure but I don't think will be coming back after we move on.

Filter should have been a mastery, and key system is a bit annoying.

Meta end boss is really dull. Complete contrast to ambushes.

I like where the story may be going and nice to hear the PC voice take a different turn.

Overall ok, hope the next part gets better.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Shhh don’t criticize this game. The posters with 1000+ will pop in to tell you that you’re wrong and the game is the best it’s ever been. 

Nah.  I've been here since head start and this is just a lousy release.  Map is gorgeous, and I like what little story we got, but I do want to emphasize how little story we got, and those two things are the extent of my positives for the patch.  I guess Soo-Won skins are nice, so make that three things.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Watching the  latest  Teapot's stream ,  we should use in-game  a newsletter  , for whats to come in the few weeks , like this one .

In order to avoid the same scenario from occurring where people going in streams and dooming while  asking  why there is not Wing 8/Strike .

Edit: Or if Twitch becomes a place for toxicity and there won't be a positive side , we should use the money in SAB 3

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 6

On 3/6/2023 at 5:34 AM, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Half a map after one year of no new content rofl. This is really bad, I was excited returning after last expansion and did the meta once half motivated. Stand here, smash enemies, done. Wow... and I was so excited to explore new areas in Cantha. I loved that so much in GW1.

Honestly, speaking as a long time MMO player who came into the GW world with GW2, all the Stockholm syndrome nostalgia for GW1 is one of the biggest drawbacks of playing GW2. I've gone back and tried retroactively to play GW1 and can't stand it. GW1 isn't even a true MMO. It's a glorified lobby game with a more primitive interface than EverQuest. You can't even do basic human things like jumping because it doesn't have three fully functional dimensions. "Oh yeah, all that stuff you've been selling? You should have been saving it because here's a quest to collect it that you were never told about." Seriously, I don't get the hype for GW1 at all, and I would gladly buy and pay 8000 gems to unlock the Hall of Monuments in GW2 just so I never have to think about GW1 again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/5/2023 at 4:17 PM, Whirlygig.9685 said:

I do not know if this is the right place to put this but I have now done this meta twice, was advised by the Comm to only open the square red chests to save on keys, which apparently drop better items. Missed one of the final after meta bosses but other than that opened all red chests and i got nothing other than around 30 green unid and 15 rare, plus a few white items and crystals. Thats it?!

That happened twice, no new weapons or anything good, is it possible some people are bugged from getting the better items?

You have to open the chests if you want to get what's in them. The guy who told you to only open the red ones was wrong.

Personally, I don't measure the game as an economic exercise in gold efficiency, so I bought keys and opened chests throughout the meta. In one run of the meta, opening all the rewarded chests, I ended up with over a hundred greens, like 40 rares, a couple of Luxon weapon boxes and other stuff. The relatively large number of rares definitely helps.

• Confused 4

One positive of this meta is that it isn’t on a timer like the rest of EOD. When I needed to fill up on imperial favor, it was nice to just jump in and join the Delves meta wherever it’s at.

The environment looks great.

It is difficult in the blob to see the marker that tells you to get away from the group because you’re about to make a puddle.

It is annoying to come back from the story instance with no filters and a closed down map.

I haven’t so far seen a meta where people successfully stop the shadows.

Filter mechanic in general doesn’t add anything.

Amount of keys awarded feels unnecessarily stingy.

Twisted skelk might need more health. Goes down really fast. I had no problem getting there on time on gryphon/skyscale, but noticed others struggling.

It’d be nice to have more time before reset to explore, harvest, fish while the map is open.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3