Can't see or buy the bottle of Divinity Reserve

Nana.3618

The character I'm trying to do the quest on (a raw deal) doesn't even have the option to buy the bottle from the bartender. However, my other characters, that don't even have the quest, can see and buy it. Unfortunately, the bottle is soulbound so even if I can buy it on another character, I can't make use of it.

I tried restarting the quest, and now the quest log doesn't even mention brib- I mean. Gifting Rama the alcohol.

It seems to be a bug with the quest itself. After receiving the mail from Rama for the party you should have an optional task to buy alcohol. You probably dont have it.

To fix it restart the chapter. Quit it, start another chapter, then restart the 16th one. Recieve mail from Rama and you might get the optional task.

• Thanks 2

Sadly, that's not the case. I started the quest with having the option of gifting him the alcohol, alas, I could not buy it. I tried restarting and starting other chapters as well, but that also didn't fix it, it only made it worse, seeing how I don't even have the option to bring the alcohol anymore.

Thanks though!

No, the option to give is not the same as the option to buy it. You must have the optional thing before you enter the instance with Rama. Its also tied to the city of your race(Divinity Reach for human, Black Citadel for charr, etc).

(already bought the alchohol, am human)

https://imgur.com/a/jT1EOXM

Edited by Hellissane.3041

I know it isn't the same, I'm saying when I first got the quest, I had the option to gift the bottle. As in, Visit Rama at his home (optional) gift a bottle of Divinity Reserve. However, I wasn't able to buy the alcohol because it wasn't showing up in the store at that time, not on that character. I was able to purchase it on another character, who doesn't even have the quest. I still am. Both of these characters are human so it's not a race issue.

My main character, whom I'm trying to do the quest on, cannot see the bottle, therefore, cannot buy it. This is before and after restarting the chapter and other chapters. In comparison to before, I can't see the bottle, but now I also don't have that (optional) part of the quest.

That's the ticket. If you get the prompt "continue" it doesn't work. I quit, then started another random story and then restarted 16, it said "start" instead. then Hellissne's method worked; the bartender has a star above his head and you can buy the booze. Unless you got far into the new instance, it's a cheap price to pay to completely restart.

Edited by Pyx.1906

So I was able to get the bottle by:
1. quitting the chapter
2. switching to another story chapter (replying something else). 
3. Deleting the email from Rama. 
4. Then restarting the story line "16.  What lies beneath". 
I received the email from Rama, then after I opened the email, a marker appeared above the Bartender and I could purchase the bottle.

Edited by Raminator.6482

16 hours ago, Hellissane.3041 said:

Yep, you're not restarting it, just resuming it. If you progressed beyond the party i don't think can restart it anymore. 

I see what you mean now. It wasn't giving me the option of restarting it even when I did quit and start other chapters.

It finally worked after I played a different chapter and then started the 15th chapter instead of the new one, only then did it give me the option to play the new chapter instead of continuing it.

Thank you for all the help, everyone!

• Like 1

I just got on a different toon to start this chapter.

Since starting this chapter is not reliant on completing earlier EoD content I could go straight to it. Read the note and the bartender will have the item in question available. Travel to NKC by whatever means available to you even if it means using P2F.   I used the 1K Seas Pavillion fishing portal.

Continue into the story instance and give him the gift.  Once you have the achievement, do whatever you choose, continue on with this story on the new toon or quit and chase another storyline. 

Heave fun!

Edited by LindyW.9458
Improved readability.

On 2/28/2023 at 3:55 PM, Hellissane.3041 said:

It seems to be a bug with the quest itself. After receiving the mail from Rama for the party you should have an optional task to buy alcohol. You probably dont have it.

To fix it restart the chapter. Quit it, start another chapter, then restart the 16th one. Recieve mail from Rama and you might get the optional task.

This worked for me, by restarting an EoD Chapter.  Thanks!