[Bug] Storm Tracking -- Cannot make jumps at floaty end part with the space background [Merged]

On 3/12/2023 at 11:46 PM, Linken.6345 said:

No need to be sorry man, just kinda tierd [sic] of seeing people keep posting the same thing over and over.

People are frustrated with a bug that breaks progression. I mean, unless you are responsible for the bug, or fixing it, don't let people voicing their opinion get you all wound up.

Here we are a few weeks later, and they are still working on a fix. Well, like others have mentioned, move the exit star so that those of us wanting to progress - can progress. It seems ridiculous to have a bug like this on a main story line. It seems ridiculous not to have a hotfix moving the exit star to a point where we can move on to getting our skyscale mount.

Oh, and guess what? I am also unable to complete this because of this annoying bug.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shan.8463 said:

People are frustrated with a bug that breaks progression. I mean, unless you are responsible for the bug, or fixing it, don't let people voicing their opinion get you all wound up.

Here we are a few weeks later, and they are still working on a fix. Well, like others have mentioned, move the exit star so that those of us wanting to progress - can progress. It seems ridiculous to have a bug like this on a main story line. It seems ridiculous not to have a hotfix moving the exit star to a point where we can move on to getting our skyscale mount.

Oh, and guess what? I am also unable to complete this because of this annoying bug.

Yes but keep repeating it after a dev post have been replied make people not see the red post and then get the wrong impression that the issue is not being heard.

Who coming in now is going to go back to page 8 and find the latest Anet response?

March 18th 2023 I can not finish the storm tracker also. I can not make jump no floaty things to keep me in the air.  I have watched videos and everything and it is just not happening. I would like to finish the story. I am sure we all would please fix this. This is been happening for a long time for people who posted a lot earlier and it is still not fixed. Thanks for your time

Ok, almost two months later, and this is not fixed?? I am confused. Uh... I am actually lost for words here. What is going on? I have tried many times, trying to complete this, to no avail, because I am not getting the NO gravity buff at the end, to make the jump, as others have stated. Why is there no fix?

On 3/14/2023 at 8:47 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I talked with one of our engineers this morning and want to confirm that we are still working on this issue. I can also shed a little light on why a fix is not live yet. This fix involves a lot of code dictating how your character moves, how your mount moves, how external forces such as the low-gravity/floaty effect in Storm Tracking affect your character and mount, and how all of those things work together without hurling you into space or into the center of the planet. 

All of this means that we are being careful not to rush it through and risk creating more issues. We have a solution and are working on implementing and testing it--I will keep an eye on the process and try to update as it progresses. 

I know this is a progress-stopping issue for a lot of you, thank you for being patient while we work on it--and thanks to those of you providing assistance to other players!

@DarkStar.5837 this is why, it takes time.

Just came back to this Mission for the "Return to..." Achievements and had the same issue.

Nevertheless, if you do have a Skyscale, you can finish the Mission, although, it's a pain and I died a couple of times, due to the "Rift Wall" catching me.

I hope this is getting fixed soon.

I ran into this and was able to complete it with just the gryphon and hopper. It was a huge pain but I first used the gryphon to the first platform, then with the hopper I started to jump but hit dismount right before actually jumping, so that I was thrown into the air, then mounted my gryphon at the top of that jump and was able to get to the next platform (barely), I tried to repeat that again but I failed and fell off the platform so and instead just flew with my gryphon under the remaining platforms, diving and climbing as much as possible, and it counted it completed when I got to the end, even though I was below the actual end platform.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:47 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I talked with one of our engineers this morning and want to confirm that we are still working on this issue. I can also shed a little light on why a fix is not live yet. This fix involves a lot of code dictating how your character moves, how your mount moves, how external forces such as the low-gravity/floaty effect in Storm Tracking affect your character and mount, and how all of those things work together without hurling you into space or into the center of the planet. 

All of this means that we are being careful not to rush it through and risk creating more issues. We have a solution and are working on implementing and testing it--I will keep an eye on the process and try to update as it progresses. 

I know this is a progress-stopping issue for a lot of you, thank you for being patient while we work on it--and thanks to those of you providing assistance to other players!

@Beefed.7805 Read whats quoted

Edited by Linken.6345

The only annoying part for me is my Skyscale progress is legit being gated by this. Not because I need to progress story; I did that ages ago when it first released. But for the Return to... achievements so I can get the 250 Branded Masses for the saddle. I'm already 9/10 achievements towards it with the previous three story revisits, ore/wood/plant gathering, hearts, quests, and the jumping 'puzzle'.

Before anyone gets on my case, yes there are other options on the list of course, but they're not available to me. My play hours are generally limited to between 3AM-7AM, when nobody else is around. So I can't do any bounties, can't do any of the meta events for those achievements, and without other bodies to incidentally take aggro for me, the maze run solo is beyond me as well. So I really need this fix so I can get on to the rift closing segment of Skyscale'ing and finally get it all over with for the actual unlock.

For people who have completed this with flying mounts: what masteries need to be unlocked? I've managed to farm the griffon from scratch in between first hitting this progression wall and now but I'm not sure if I should be focusing on Aurene's mastery or the griffon's mastery. 

Really hoping they fix the bug before I can pull this off but it's giving me something to do without skipping ahead in the story.

Edited by Malaprop.1794
Formatting

Posting to make it more visible: if you have jumper with high jump and a griffon, you can make it with this workaround. you do not need the crystal champion upgrades, you can barely make it just with the mounts and their respective updates. at some point you see a small rift, and it counts even if you are very, very far below it: 

not my video, so all credits and thanks in the comment section.

• Like 2