[Bug] Storm Tracking -- Cannot make jumps at floaty end part with the space background [Merged]

I have just spent I don't even know how long trying to do this mission. I finally thought I must be doing something wrong, looked it up on the wiki and saw:

Bug:
It is currently impossible to complete this instance without a skyscale.

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am that there has been A) an unskippable pre-req for one of the most used mounts in the game left broken for almost a month, and B) there is no in game warning.

I had to scroll to the very bottom of the wiki page to realise I had just wasted I dunno, 40 minutes? How many other players wasted that much time? Please respect our time by at least putting a pop up at the beginning to say it's broken, as it is completely impossible to complete without already having the mount that you get AFTER completing the quest....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teapot.9072 said:

A) an unskippable pre-req for one of the most used mounts in the game left broken for almost a month, and B) there is no in game warning.

Teapot. 9072, I have to say I think that would have been really nice (not to mention TIME SAVING) if they had put a pop up "Oh, yeah, sorry. We broke it, but are trying to fix it. Enjoy this candy on us (or something lol).  Top idea!!!

I, like others, having been asking ArenaNet to just put the exit at the point where it breaks while they try and fix it so we can progress. Still no word yet.

Edited by Druid Geek.8629

Came back to the game after 8 years. Excited for the new contents. And I've just encountered this issue. Such a frustrating experience, was hyped to get my Skyscale. How much longer should we wait for the fix? I don't have griffon, and the quest says just to use a raptor. Anet should have a workaround for now for us to complete the quest, while fixing the bug. Ticket submitted.

Came back after such a long time and wanted to invest a few coin in crafting ... but nope.  Issue has been open till Feb as per the first post and obviously, is a game breaking issue that blocks progress.  

Perhaps their priorities are somewhere else.

Also, the moderator/staff comment makes no sense about evaluating code behind mount movement...mount is working as expected.  The added effect that causes mount to do a "slow fall' or something similar has been disabled.  Outside the instance, you still ride the mount as intended, this is happening specifically in this instanced envrionment.

Anyways...this is silly almost 2-3 weeks and still no resolution on a game breaking / progress preventing bug is absurd.

• Like 2

First for those, who just repeat themselves: Sometimes to find the root cause of a bug is not that simple, you think. And if it is known, that does not mean, that is easy to solve it. In software development updating codes can cause problems in other places, so the developers have to make many tests, and have to be more careful as you would think.

For Anet staff: As a software developer, I know how hard to solve defects, but you dont have 2 months to resolve it. It's blocker. It's blocking a paid content. Many people stuck with that story line. I know, there are so many other content in the game, but if you are mostly interested about the story line, or just want to go through on that story it is very annoying.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Check bottom of page 8 of this thread for a developer response.

They are working on it but it will take time to check so nothing else breaks because of the fix.

I think we've all saw that response. But this isn't a new feature so they don't need to reinvent the wheel or something. Even if it is broken atm they have some kind of code which worked fine for years and could be used at least as a base for a fix.