[Bug] Storm Tracking -- Cannot make jumps at floaty end part with the space background [Merged]

Flashscreen.9240

First for those, who just repeat themselves: Sometimes to find the root cause of a bug is not that simple, you think. And if it is known, that does not mean, that is easy to solve it. In software development updating codes can cause problems in other places, so the developers have to make many tests, and have to be more careful as you would think.

For Anet staff: As a software developer, I know how hard to solve defects, but you dont have 2 months to resolve it. It's blocker. It's blocking a paid content. Many people stuck with that story line. I know, there are so many other content in the game, but if you are mostly interested about the story line, or just want to go through on that story it is very annoying.

I dont even like doing living world .but Living World Season 4 Completed is needed to get Skyscale so your comment doesnt help .The only mount that can actuly fly in the game not stay in the air like griffon should be acessable.how i am suposed to complete War Eternal if i cant even get to this episode so  you are wrong and other things.

Return to Jahai Bluffs Tier 3 only requires 10 achieves completed, I firmly do not believe people claiming they are time-gated by life schedule are actually hard locked from completing Tier 3 and thus getting fast currency, not to mention farming it slowly is an option as well, just extremely tedious, so "hard locked" is a myth.
3 resource node achieve + Jumping Puzzle + Renown Hearts + 3 story missions prior to Storm Tracking = 8/10, that you can do on your own flexible time.
2 out of the remaining 6 isn't exactly difficult, and if you are prioritizing farming the above 8 when somebody is doing 1 of the 6, that's on you.

And no, you do NOT require Storm Tracking finished to access episodes 5/6, you can simply start the other 2 episodes, and if  OCD prevents you from skipping episode 4, even tho you want Skyscale so badly...well that's still on you.

That being said...if people don't report this, its not going to get fixed.
People are getting shafted (some of them by themselves), its easy to be forgiving to the devs when the issue doesn't affect you, or you don't care, but the people who are having their gaming experience hampered deserve to voice their frustration, because an annoying bug IS still an annoying bug.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 2

I do understand that it's a complicated fix and that so many systems interlink and it's hard to fix problems when they arise, but I do hope that if it's not fixed soon, they put in place a temporary measure that lets you finish the story chapter. I'm not bothered about doing it for unlocks, but I'd really like to be able to play through the story in order, without having to skip to the beginning of All or Nothing.

• Like 1

The easiest way around this bug that I have found is to invite a friend with a Skyscale, (assuming you have friends with Skyscales) and have them fly to the end rift. Another way, and you have to be really quick, is to use the Springer to launch into the air and Bond of Faith to quickly mount the Griffon (assuming you have the griffon) and fly to the next floating rock and so on. I reported this bug and received a less than satisfactory response from a GM who seemed to be "unaware" of this issue that has existed for some time now. 

Bottom line: They need a temporary fix until they find a permanent one.

For those people keep yelling *Not fixed* doesn't do anything.
I doubt dev is even going to read the forum as they are *aware of the issue* and *currently are working on addressing it*

The correct thing is just leave a post here and report this bug. 

If you have any tips for player who doesnt have skyscale to finish this mission please feel free to comment here. 

Most player just want a solution instead of repeating *Not fixed*

For those who doesnt have skyscale but have griffon. Make sure you have Vilon. Go as high as you can and use vilon to go through.
For those who doesnt have skyscal and griffon. Ask a friend who has skyscale and ask them to walk the story with you. You only need one guy to checkpoint and you can suicide and respawn.

I have seen some post that skimmer might work, however its not the case on my end. feel free to try.

New player here, ran into this problem too. I don't have a flying mount, a friend with one or a guild, so I ended up leaving mission and going between zones asking in map chats until eventually found a player with skyscale who agreed to help. We didn't have to do the mission from the start, as it seems I had a checkpoint where you start running from the storm. In the end he finished the mission while I was dead on the first platform reading npc dialogues in chat until a button to leave the zone appeared. Got my progress of course, but take what you want from that experience.
As others said, I wish they had a temporary fix, like some branded crystal laying on the first platform that gives you teleport ability (like the one we had in Silverwastes or in that stealth mission in Kourna) or something else to unblock people.
Reported bug as well, just in case (you can do that in game).

Edited by Kai.2169

I got stuck on this and heard that a friend with a skyscale can get you past this block. However, if you are OK with playing last chapter early then you can unlock the skyscale achievement line (which is what I did). I have a skyscale now despite never making it past this bug, and now I can use the skyscale to get past it.

Meanwhile it fascinates me how some people trying to silence the dissent. Yes yelling the issues probably just ends up falling on deaf ears but we can't express our frustration after spending all these dollars? Some of us are not even from 1st world countries which makes it even more expensive. 

Edited by sanguigasm.1325
Grammar

Unable to complete and we shouldn't have to rely on a 'work around'. Disappointing considering how long it took me to even begin LW4 and than have the possibility of not being able to finish? I'm just glad I'm not THAT OCD. I always said I would never be able to get the skyscale, looks like it's true:(

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, sanguigasm.1325 said:

Meanwhile it fascinates me how some people trying to silence the dissent. Yes yelling the issues probably just ends up falling on deaf ears but we can't express our frustration after spending all these dollars? Some of us are not even from 1st world countries which makes it even more expensive. 

I'm not sure what you mean?

The developers already directly responded saying they're fixing it but its going to take a while because the way its implemented is complicated and mission-specific, and its easy to break it even worse than before and make the mission uncompletable by anyone. There's nothing more than can be done at this point.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately, you may be able to skip this chapter if the Skyscale is your ultimate goal, but you can't skip this part if you are working on the "Return to" achievement for the Seasons of the Dragons free legendary amulet.  Of course, if you skip this chapter and eventually get your Skyscale then you can complete it yourself (or just ask someone with a Skyscale to help if you aren't interested in your own Skyscale).  Not the best fix really, but better than nothing.  You don't really spoil much of the story, since if you complete this part until the bugged ending, you will at least know the main spoiler.

• Like 5

As it has been mentioned, for now find someone with skyscale who can finish their story instance or repeat it while you are in party with them, in their instance. It is okay if you die there, only they need to reach to the end. Not a fix ofc but we did this to our friend some days ago and he is now at least able to start their skyscale.

I'm beginning to believe it's not going to be fixed until Preach reaches this point in his GW2 playthrough and makes a video about it.

After weeks of delaying the story and working on other goals, I've skipped it. But this is just completely silly now, a month after the bug appeared.

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm back with an update on this–we are shipping a fix with tomorrow's game update! 

Like I mentioned before, this one was kind of tricky and I know it took a long time, so I really appreciate everyone's patience!

On 3/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I talked with one of our engineers this morning and want to confirm that we are still working on this issue. I can also shed a little light on why a fix is not live yet. This fix involves a lot of code dictating how your character moves, how your mount moves, how external forces such as the low-gravity/floaty effect in Storm Tracking affect your character and mount, and how all of those things work together without hurling you into space or into the center of the planet. 

All of this means that we are being careful not to rush it through and risk creating more issues. We have a solution and are working on implementing and testing it--I will keep an eye on the process and try to update as it progresses. 

I know this is a progress-stopping issue for a lot of you, thank you for being patient while we work on it--and thanks to those of you providing assistance to other players!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9