[Bug] Storm Tracking -- Cannot make jumps at floaty end part with the space background [Merged]

Thank you Saham for helping me through this mission.  I hope it still gets fixed for everyone still stuck on this bug.  It's sad this forum is even a thing, no one should be stuck in progression behind a buggy game mechanic.

Joko Forbid, but if this is still bugged after I get my mounts, I'm coming back to the zone just to help others push past it, this is seriously ridiculous!

On 3/14/2023 at 8:47 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I talked with one of our engineers this morning and want to confirm that we are still working on this issue. I can also shed a little light on why a fix is not live yet. This fix involves a lot of code dictating how your character moves, how your mount moves, how external forces such as the low-gravity/floaty effect in Storm Tracking affect your character and mount, and how all of those things work together without hurling you into space or into the center of the planet. 

All of this means that we are being careful not to rush it through and risk creating more issues. We have a solution and are working on implementing and testing it--I will keep an eye on the process and try to update as it progresses. 

I know this is a progress-stopping issue for a lot of you, thank you for being patient while we work on it--and thanks to those of you providing assistance to other players!

Ppl realy should read the red posts and stop posting more since it make ppl miss said red post,

Read what I quoted.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

Just replying to confirm its still an issue. Dont worry Linken I read the red posts and read your annoyance at people posting here that the issue exists. We just want to make sure its very visible that the issue persists.

As for a little research, the low grav still exists. it just doesn't apply on the raptor mount. Simply standing on the very edge the low-grav is applied to the player character. Also using the springer/dismount/glide trick to atleast get to first platform upon landing low gravity is still very much applied.

Edited by Tjirp.9734
  • Like 4

Of course, the logical and easy solution is to create an exit star at the bugged point and let people continue on with the story while you get the coding worked out. Anet receives the time they need to get the coding right, and players can continue with the rest of the story.  I am sure placing an exit point takes much less coding than getting the gravity just right. Seems like a win-win.  Just offering the solution. The temporary exit point seems less game-breaking than a broken mechanic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tjirp.9734 said:

As for a little research, the low grav still exists. it just doesn't apply on the raptor mount. Simply standing on the very edge the low-grav is applied to the player character. Also using the springer/dismount/glide trick to atleast get to first platform upon landing low gravity is still very much applied.

What is applied once you reach the first platform? Anything, but no low gravity to the raptor mount, mate.

Thankfully, there are many many helfpful players in this game to help us out with their skyscales...

Well, it's Friday night and it's still broken... Still no Skyscale for me I guess! Hey ArenaNet! Why don't you take the advice of some of the players here and just put an exit at the bugged portion until you get this fixed/figured out?!?! Seriously starting to rethink whether to look at another MMO that actually works. The game is coming up on 11 years now, we expect you to show us a little love when we stick by this game this whole time and you introduce a content breaking bug. Please, put the pride aside and let us at least finish what we've paid for! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spulweggla.3187 said:

What is applied once you reach the first platform? Anything, but no low gravity to the raptor mount, mate.

As for a little research, the low grav still exists. it just doesn't apply on the raptor mount.

That's what I said! I then went on to explain how the low-gravity is applied to the player character, by either standing on the edge or gliding to the first platform, mate.

Edited by Tjirp.9734