Jump to content
  • Sign Up

The Facet of Prisms and Boundless Light & Void Variant of Legendary Weapons? [Merged]


Recommended Posts

With the intoduced achivement "The Facet of Prisms and Boundless Light" where you have to complete all elder legendary weapon variants. I am a bit afraid.
Will there be a void variant? I guess many ppl hoped for one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point I’d much rather they just make a Black Lion set of Void themed weapons with better base models.

If I were ArenaNet, though, I’d release them as gem store skins.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Id personally be pissed to see legendary  "quality" stuff (footprints + drawanimation + killanimaion) in a gemstore skin. Takes away the legendary worthy imo.

And i wouldnt be interested in it if those were missing 😅

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nero.7369 said:

Id personally be pissed to see legendary  "quality" stuff (footprints + drawanimation + killanimaion) in a gemstore skin. Takes away the legendary worthy imo.

And i wouldnt be interested in it if those were missing 😅

That makes sense.

For my part, I'd be happy to forgo the legendary effects to avoid research notes, memories, jade runestones and get a Void themed greatsword that doesn't look like some odd jouster's lance.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nero.7369 said:

Id personally be pissed to see legendary  "quality" stuff (footprints + drawanimation + killanimaion) in a gemstore skin. Takes away the legendary worthy imo.

And i wouldnt be interested in it if those were missing 😅

It is already there. Money to gems to gold to legi. Plus many of the new gem story items looks much better then some legis :).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Aww kitten, and i still had a glimbs of hope because the achivement stated dragon elder variants.
Guess we need a petition for Void Legendaries then 😄

Unless they are already there somewhat hidden when you have done that insane achivement 😄

Edited by Nero.7369
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ignigknawt.7869 said:

They never said there would be Void versions, so I'm not sure what you were expecting 🤷‍♀️

They said Soo-Won and ingame we meet her in two variants (normal and void corrupted). I dare say we spend more time with the latter due to dragon's end meta.

Also it is a great counter part to The initial variant (Aurene) - Primatic Darkness (void) opposing the Prismatic Light (Aurene).

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to The Facet of Prisms and Boundless Light & Void Variant of Legendary Weapons? [Merged]
On 3/1/2023 at 7:07 PM, Nero.7369 said:

Aww kitten, and i still had a glimbs of hope because the achivement stated dragon elder variants.
Guess we need a petition for Void Legendaries then 😄

Unless they are already there somewhat hidden when you have done that insane achivement 😄

Why would you expect Void-themed legendary weapons? The gen3 weapons are based on all the Elder Dragons' elements and the Void isn't a dragon. They're all facets of the same thing. The Void is another thing entirely.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2023 at 1:31 AM, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

They said Soo-Won and ingame we meet her in two variants (normal and void corrupted). I dare say we spend more time with the latter due to dragon's end meta.

Also it is a great counter part to The initial variant (Aurene) - Primatic Darkness (void) opposing the Prismatic Light (Aurene).

Exactly my thoughts and the reason I was initially hyped for the SooWon variant, turns out I'm just interested in some of the Jormag's now, good thing I like the basic Aurene ones, guess I can sell the stuffs for variants from now on to peepos interested in them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, Nero.7369 said:

Id personally be pissed to see legendary  "quality" stuff (footprints + drawanimation + killanimaion) in a gemstore skin.

Don't worry, you won't. Gen3 are legendaries with gemshop set quality skins after all. That was one of the big contention points when they got released (and Anet managed to pacify players only by revealing Variants, and promising they will not require heavy investment - a promise that was obviously not kept).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe in the future! What have you done in order to carry a void weapon as a character? The void was not defeated it is just being held at bay by Aurene. 

 

Beat the void first to earn the right to carry it.

 

On that topic how would you beat entropy? 

 

See your problem yet? 

 

Ask for it in a few more years after more story chapters. For now you are not worthy.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, Blacklust.4638 said:

Maybe in the future! What have you done in order to carry a void weapon as a character? The void was not defeated it is just being held at bay by Aurene. 

 

Beat the void first to earn the right to carry it.

 

On that topic how would you beat entropy? 

 

See your problem yet? 

 

Ask for it in a few more years after more story chapters. For now you are not worthy.

Hmm did we really beat Primordus and Jormag. They more cancelled eachother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, Blacklust.4638 said:

Maybe in the future! What have you done in order to carry a void weapon as a character? The void was not defeated it is just being held at bay by Aurene. 

 

Beat the void first to earn the right to carry it.

 

On that topic how would you beat entropy? 

Void is not entropy. I know, it's easy to make that assumption seeing the color and the nihilistic tendencies of the voidlings, but remember that Void, besides being the End, is also the Origin. The world of Tyria was created out of the Void and still exists thanks to it. So, even if defeating it was possible, it would be downright suicidal, as we'd be destroying the world we're in alongside.

So, is it a roundabout way of saying we'll never get the Void weapons, because we'll never be worthy enough? Even when spamming 1 to defeat Zhaitan did make us worthy (although i do admit, that trying not to get asleep was an epic achievement)?

  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Gen3 are legendaries with gemshop set quality skins after all.

Nope, that's false, not sure why you're still repeating it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...