Please release Wvw Alliances

As this thread has narrowed down towards discussing 2-week caps or other forms of server-oriented restrictions, I think it is worth to repeat two tired old things:

1) One of the challenges even for the Alliance system now, since the last 2-3 betas, is that we no longer know if they are enough to reverse the damage done to the social infrastructure. They bank on alliances of guilds being formed, enough of them to balance. It is worth keeping in mind that just capping post-relink transfers off is not going to repair the player communities. It takes players seeing a point in building communities and caring enough to do it. It also involves rebuilding networks of groups for varied content. Part of the current problems is the difficulty to match different types on content on the maps.

2) The transfer problems didn't start off as a 2-week snipe and constantly moving Alliance-sized server communities. It also didn't start with the Alliance betas. We had some 2-3 years after Relinks were introduced where people did not have to hop off and back to the usual stacked servers. That came over time as followers eclipsed leaders when more and more unassociated followers just flocked to the same leaders and began following them around, clogging servers ever faster. The wagon is not the locomotive.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

As this thread has narrowed down towards discussing 2-week caps or other forms of server-oriented restrictions, I think it is worth to repeat two tired old things:

1) One of the challenges even for the Alliance system now, since the last 2-3 betas, is that we no longer know if they are enough to reverse the damage done to the social infrastructure. They bank on alliances of guilds being formed, enough of them to balance. It is worth keeping in mind that just capping post-relink transfers off is not going to repair the player communities. It takes players seeing a point in building communities and caring enough to do it. It also involves rebuilding networks of groups for varied content. Part of the current problems is the difficulty to match different types on content on the maps.

2) The transfer problems didn't start off as a 2-week snipe and constantly moving Alliance-sized server communities. It also didn't start with the Alliance betas. We had some 2-3 years after Relinks were introduced where people did not have to hop off and back to the usual stacked servers. That came over time as followers eclipsed leaders when more and more unassociated followers just flocked to the same leaders and began following them around, clogging servers ever faster. The wagon is not the locomotive.

it's not that this discussion has stopped at the suggestion of somehow controlling the transfers. because this tip is just one of many, if and when someone cares to take care of the mechanics we have now to make it better.

think that make servers useless, make scoring system useless, delete communities, use 50%? of players only as an effective filler to get matched games, is a good idea that will fix everything. and not seeing the problems it brings, I would say that either you see little or someone has turned off all the lights.🤭

After the lay-offs i think the vast scale of the alliance team has dropped to less then one person. I understand why Anet does not care about WvW, atm the thing that generates profit are the boat/fishing rod skins so they need all man power there. It took them 2 years of development to add an interface tab to the guild menu and that is with the full team working on it and now they only pop up some small useless things to divert the attention away from alliance like the kitten weeklies. The reason why they are not pushing the alliance update is simple , Anet does not know how to monetise it. Every game mode aside from pve is lacking attention and i fear that soon the “competitive” game modes will die out.For example PvP has its population so low at compared to few years back WvW is on its way to follow with all the empty promises and lack of attention and players see that and start to pull out of the mode. Anet if you some how care enough to read this ( i highly doubt it) you need to take measures soon before the players lose interest. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:38 AM, Zevelon.6512 said:

Anet if you some how care enough to read this ( i highly doubt it) you need to take measures soon before the players lose interest. 

I know how to make Anet read your post.

Throw all your money into buying gems, then save the transaction receipt and post it here. Remind Anet that you're a paying customer XD

Srs though Anet don't give a kitten about WvW or alliances. If someone lied to you for 5 years straight, who's the one in the wrong? The person lying to you constantly, or you for still believing in the lie?

• Haha 1

In terms of alliances they could possibly make it easier to recruit for world versus world without telling new players that join your guild hey to join us you got to either drop over 100 plus gold or drop 10 to 20 dollars to try to do a game mode with a guild a player may not even stick with. Recruiting for world versus world is like a duel edged sword. Let alone if anet actually is spending time on alliances and not the hush hush project they have been focusing on. Knowing our luck it would just get swapped for some pve bs again.😓

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Areoh.7495 said:

http://gw2stats.com/na   Yes release it, because your current system has and continues to be dog crap.  

Yeah the coding that places servers in tiers after relinks is hopefully not the same coding that will be used after shards/servers are re-mixed. We may need a few weeks of that testing as well. But again we can hope that is a noticed thing since this has happened a number of times over the last several relinks. Makes for weeks of rough resorts.

21 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yeah the coding that places servers in tiers after relinks is hopefully not the same coding that will be used after shards/servers are re-mixed. We may need a few weeks of that testing as well. But again we can hope that is a noticed thing since this has happened a number of times over the last several relinks. Makes for weeks of rough resorts.

Months in our case.  /Quit = No money for Anet  GJ!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 10:10 PM, Areoh.7495 said:

http://gw2stats.com/na   Yes release it, because your current system has and continues to be dog crap.  

Thanks Anet, WVW Alliance not working, I only received locks to select a BL!!!  Then after waiting 10 min, I closed the window and reopened it and joined... ONLY 80 in Q now!  hahaha What a piece of garbage like that new NCsoft game.

• Sad 1