Suggestion: Using our own turtle's guns

Since their release I've thought it a bit odd that, even though you unlock your own turtle, you don't get the full utility from it. 

What I would like to see is a skill that switches you from the driver seat to the gunner's seat. In theory it'd anchor the turtle to one place, like a turret, while putting us into the gunner's seat. Especially in the new map I see a lot of people either not mounting in my gunner seat (though I set it to be open to anyone), or mounting and not using the ammo at all. Meanwhile there's a horde of people on their own turtles bashing away with their poor turtle heads. This way we'd be able to contribute more to events, and have them progress faster, all the while giving us more bang for our buck with unlocking the turtle.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This is a good suggestion. Anchoring the turtle and switch seats should be fine and not break the purpose of the mount. They could even make a mastery out of it.

I do notice many players don’t enter the gunner seat, and I also tend to mount my own turtle instead of mounting a random persons gunner seat. I could probably be better at not doing that, but it’s easy to forget in the heat of the moment. and sometimes my social anxiety kicks in and I just want to use my own turtle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

This is a good suggestion. Anchoring the turtle and switch seats should be fine and not break the purpose of the mount. They could even make a mastery out of it.

I do notice many players don’t enter the gunner seat, and I also tend to mount my own turtle instead of mounting a random persons gunner seat. I could probably be better at not doing that, but it’s easy to forget in the heat of the moment. and sometimes my social anxiety kicks in and I just want to use my own turtle.

Another point is sometimes people don't open their turtles up for anyone to mount, either. Or the ones that do are full.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

What I would like to see is a skill that switches you from the driver seat to the gunner's seat. In theory it'd anchor the turtle to one place, like a turret, while putting us into the gunner's seat. Especially in the new map I see a lot of people either not mounting in my gunner seat (though I set it to be open to anyone), or mounting and not using the ammo at all. Meanwhile there's a horde of people on their own turtles bashing away with their poor turtle heads. This way we'd be able to contribute more to events, and have them progress faster, all the while giving us more bang for our buck with unlocking the turtle.

"Stop trying to make turtle usefull! We have put so much work into making it as useless as possible!" Anet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, HotDelirium.7984 said:

That is literally "Siege mode" also, they need to allow us a way to change out jade modules without a workstation. I won't bother getting any more than the treasure hunter for now until they do.

Unfortunately, there is no siege mode, unless there's a glaring skill that you know about that I'm missing.

Yes about the jade bots, however this thread is about the turtle. Please don't derail.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

Unfortunately, there is no siege mode, unless there's a glaring skill that you know about that I'm missing.

Yes about the jade bots, however this thread is about the turtle. Please don't derail.

Sorry I meant in many many games over the years "siege mode" is when mobile artillery becomes immobile to change up its shooting capabilities. For Gw2 this could mean the pilot loses the ability to slam and run and can only fire the cannons. The long reload may be for balance reasons of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

First you want a mount for 2 people, but now you don't want to operate it with second player and do everything by yourself.

Why?

I don't know who you're directing this at, but I can assure you that I did not, in fact, want a mount for two people. I never liked the idea.

If you're talking about the "you" in general, as in "you, the gw2 community", if it hasn't occurred to you already, it *is* possible for people within the same communities to have differing opinions and preferences.

If you have a problem with someone in future I'd suggest talking to them rather than yelling into the void.

Edited by Mrs Lana.2506
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, it was already proposed in the past, possibly even before the eod release. Maybe they'll add mastery for it at one point -or maybe they want it to be a multiplayer mount and they won't.

If we got skimmer to go underwater years later...we can def get this xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

If we got skimmer to go underwater years later...we can def get this xD

...hence the mention of adding mastery 😄  But it's not really the question "if we can", it's the question of what devs want it to do.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There was a reddit thread on siege turtles and giving them a flamethrower ability for the driver (which had some grade A artwork).

But yeah turtles need a better way for the driver to do combat in besides stomping and hovering. Either seat swapping to the cannons, or having a more useful combat ability for the driver.

Oh, and a mastery to mount up during combat on a cooldown...

• Like 1

It's kinda sad: The Turtle didn't find a real purpose. ArenaNet tried (apparently) desperately to make the turtle palatable by forcing  players to use it for adventuring deeper into the mines. And that's the issue: "forcing players". Because the obstacles are bullet sponges with tons of HP. It's not a fun mechanic, it's just boring and also frustrating when playing alone. I doubt the Turtle will get receive more love with forced mechanics like that: Quite the opposite. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

It's kinda sad: The Turtle didn't find a real purpose. ArenaNet tried (apparently) desperately to make the turtle palatable by forcing  players to use it for adventuring deeper into the mines. And that's the issue: "forcing players". Because the obstacles are bullet sponges with tons of HP. It's not a fun mechanic, it's just boring and also frustrating when playing alone. I doubt the Turtle will get receive more love with forced mechanics like that: Quite the opposite. 

Yeah instead of  "oh I get to use my turtle here" it's "oh I *have* to use the turtle here". It's already become a chore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1