Mech? Underwater? Hello?

Birdtree.9841

Anet please make Mechanist Mech work underwater as you did with the Necromancer Flesh Golem turn into a Risen Shark when going from land to underwater. Please. You made an amazing Elite Specialization and wrapped all the traits of it around the mech and then made it so the Mech disappears underwater? In a water expansion? Please fix this ASAP!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

As much as I don't like Mechanist, I do have to agree, the mech should work underwater. Maybe it could fold itself into a submarine and fire torpedos like the harpoon gun, or in case the build uses the High-Impact Drivers/Single Edge Cutters traits it could go into meele. wWthout a doubt Mechanist looses the vast majority of it's streangth underwater because of this.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:50 PM, jason.1083 said:

As much as I don't like Mechanist, I do have to agree, the mech should work underwater. Maybe it could fold itself into a submarine and fire torpedos like the harpoon gun, or in case the build uses the High-Impact Drivers/Single Edge Cutters traits it could go into meele. wWthout a doubt Mechanist looses the vast majority of it's streangth underwater because of this.

Mechanist underwater turn into a engineer level 45! Amazing we can have at least 2 traitline just for us!

43 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Mechanist underwater turn into a engineer level 45! Amazing we can have at least 2 traitline just for us!

A level 45 engineer has access to their entire toolbelt to use for trait interactions and generally more accessable skills. Mechanist underwater gets 1 toolbelt skill which does nothing but AoE damage.

You gotta settle lower than this, dude.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the salt on the wound is that sometimes, I don't know why, my bot is there or not there in the water with me, and when the bot is there, it is just a big rust bucket of bolts that does nothing, but be a big annoying mini. Its bad enough it doesn't do anything in the water, but worse when I have to drag around this big useless green stalker.  If they don't want to make the bot do anything in the water, I wish they would 100% make sure it doesn't show up in the water. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

To add mockery, the devs lets you have a golem underwater from Superior Rune of Golemancer but not your mech.

But they nerfed powe mechanist to oblivion so no one is running any power form of mechanist.

They made the mech buggy from the start, wandering away randomly, leaping forward instead of following you, the  crash down/recall mech cycle bug when at full life, but instead of improving on that, they added a penalty making it  kitten since it's the only pet/minion in the game that loses stats values when is 3 meters away from you; even the parrot from the privateer rune is a smarter pet.

They could have at least made an underwater toolbelt for mech instead of leaving it only that lame bombardment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1