Scrappy crap :)

August.5934

Fix Scrapper?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done:

• Give quickness back! But only for scrapper not for teams (PVP+PVE).
    • Just increase the damage of hammer skills and reduce the cooldown of skill 3, 4 & 5 (PVP + PVE) &Increase barrier we get from Bulwark Gyro with higher duration and make it stun break (PVP + PVE)
    • Object in Motion |: buff this trait so it give +15% striker damage bonus all the time and 100 Ferocity per boon on ourself.
    • Impact Savant |: add +300 power & +300 condition as a base passive stat with the current 5% conversion of dmg into barrier.
    • Scrapper is totally fine, We don't need anything.

7 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

that out put is after pressing 50 butons/sec. And reaper did less cause Power difference. Watch this 2 player's gears and compare their power & Ferocity.

Reaper: 

Scrapper: 

And if u look at situtional times, Reaper outputs DPS much faster at start where as for scrapper, she needs a target that stays still and take on all the bombs and everything. Even in PVP, Reaper is better cause it can burst faster and keep high pressure all the time while also being tanky. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not jelouse. I am a reaper main too and i have reaper but i love my scrapper. And with the upcomming grenades nerfs, everything gonna change.

Reaper doesn't burst. Reaper CC's and does sustained dps. If you die to a reaper you saw it coming. The same goes for warrior, mostly. There are some exceptions for warrior although pretty much no one but Vaans could pull it off and even he needed pawns teammates to set him up. (Also, pray for the man).

I've said this elsewhere the the issue with scrapper isn't really exclusively scrapper but goes for holosmith as well. Its the duo of superspeed and omnidirectional grenades that allow for what is essentially lich form with superspeed but if the lich could shoot behind it. Topple that off with stealth, another toxic mechanic, and you have this mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Reaper doesn't burst. Reaper CC's and does sustained dps. If you die to a reaper you saw it coming. The same goes for warrior, mostly. There are some exceptions for warrior although pretty much no one but Vaans could pull it off and even he needed pawns teammates to set him up. (Also, pray for the man).

I've said this elsewhere the the issue with scrapper isn't really exclusively scrapper but goes for holosmith as well. Its the duo of superspeed and omnidirectional grenades that allow for what is essentially lich form with superspeed but if the lich could shoot behind it. Topple that off with stealth, another toxic mechanic, and you have this mess.

He's talking about PvE tho

9 hours ago, August.5934 said:

that out put is after pressing 50 butons/sec. And reaper did less cause Power difference. Watch this 2 player's gears and compare their power & Ferocity.

And if u look at situtional times, Reaper outputs DPS much faster at start where as for scrapper, she needs a target that stays still and take on all the bombs and everything. Even in PVP, Reaper is better cause it can burst faster and keep high pressure all the time while also being tanky. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not jelouse. I am a reaper main too and i have reaper but i love my scrapper. And with the upcomming grenades nerfs, everything gonna change.

You can't really compare both professions, one of them just does not have the opportunity to "use 50 buttons per second". If reaper had access to a more demanding rotation to grasp at every little bit of damage output, you'd end up with a similarly difficult rotation. Unfortunately (or fortunately) necromancer as a whole tend to bet everything on the shroud (sometime it work and sometime it doesn't).

You see Reaper's dps as good when he doesn't take damage but taking damage effectively reduce the reaper's dps while Scrapper can take damage without having it's dps reduced (the healer actually help a Scrapper in faithfully performing it's rotation while he is of no use to the Reaper). You see Scrapper's "complexity" as a handicap but Reaper's "simplicity" come with it's own handicap. Without forgetting that, ultimately, Scrapper is a lot more flexible in the roles he can fullfil than Reaper is.

• Like 1

Developers/balance team killed two of the Gyros for competitive game modes, one of them also for PVE. They also went too far removing the quickness and today another nerf because Scrapper be a thing is not welcome.  So i want a rework of them for competitive, however i would prefer not touch/rework them for PVE.  Less for "Kinetic Accelerators" trait that should have 3 seconds  Quickness base for PVE and make Blast Gyro something usable again.

Anyways, they published that they are in progress to rework the gyros. So, if you want to find the real "crap",  then wait until the rework. Maybe in May 2?  That is why PVE players are voting that is all fine.  They are aligned with the most voted option and fear the changes. About all if  "XXX"  is behind them. 🤣 😞   And they prefer that the developers forget about the existence of the Scrapper as happened with the Mirage, the ONE dodge supreme in competitive!!!  But with a lot better feeling playing it in PVE.  Coincidence? Casually? I doubt it.

Arenanet also mentioned an update for the gameplay and combat system for the next "mini-expansion". Not sure what that means, but we will see.  Maybe at the end of the year?

Be patient,  the  sCRAPpy  is coming.  😁 😞

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They really felt the need to nerf scrapper outside of a balance patch now. Anet really really doesn't want scrapper to do anything at all in competitive modes, it seems.

Hyperbole aside, it is odd they decided to hotfix scrapper after a week but leave catalyst alone to ruin pvp for months. That does seem very biased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

As open as they are now, in theory, to change/split more some skills between game modes... or they say it.  I doubt that they'll make two completely different Scrappers, one for competitive and other for PVE with different skills, traits and mechanics, like maybe keep the actual one in PVE and create a new completely different Scrapper for PvP/WvW. 

My bet is that the rework of the Scrapper will make it much less played and less fun to play,  about all in PVE while in competitive it will make it as unproblematic as possible for those interested in it... you know.   ☠️

Waiting for that moment to watch the "aberration", i mean, the ·"new Scrapper".  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Developers/balance team killed two of the Gyros for competitive game modes, one of them also for PVE. They also went too far removing the quickness and today another nerf because Scrapper be a thing is welcome.  So i want a rework of them for competitive, however i would prefer not touch/rework them for PVE.  Less for "Kinetic Accelerators" trait that should have 3 seconds  Quickness base for PVE and make Blast Gyro something usable again.

Anyways, they published that they are in progress to rework the gyros. So, if you want to find the real "crap",  then wait until the rework. Maybe in May 2?  That is why PVE players are voting that is all fine.  They are aligned with the most voted option and fear the changes. About all if  "XXX"  is behind them. 🤣 😞   And they prefer that the developers forget about the existence of the Scrapper as happened with the Mirage, the ONE dodge supreme in competitive!!!  But with a lot better feeling playing it in PVE.  Coincidence? Casually? I doubt it.

Arenanet also mentioned an update for the gameplay and combat system for the next "mini-expansion". Not sure what that means, but we will see.  Maybe at the end of the year?

Be patient,  the  sCRAPpy  is coming.  😁 😞

wait, where are the details on the nerf?

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

wait, where are the details on the nerf?

Engineer

• Blast Gyro: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Kinetic Accelerators: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 15 seconds in PvP only.
  • Sneak Gyro: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.
  • Speed of Synergy: Reduced area-of-effect superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only. Reduced self superspeed duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 1:23 AM, August.5934 said:

Results is what we want and honesty can bring it infront of us, no? 😁

I voted Scrapper is fine. I don't want it to have more damage and be a holosmith 2.0.

I'd rather see either more damage to barrier conversion rate on Impact Savant, or bring back the old Adaptive Armor and put it where Impact Savant is now and have Impact Savant as a gm major trait (as is now)

• Confused 1

The fact that scrapper dont have quickness in pvp is sad. Hinestly its inconsitent and thus is bad design. At least make it self in pvp only. Last time I log in wvw I was so confuse why my quickness was not existent. Or remove quickness in pvp from every other class that give quickness. Seriously give us back the quickness. And for the record pve scrapper is good, for the rest of the game it suck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

The fact that scrapper dont have quickness in pvp is sad. Hinestly its inconsitent and thus is bad design. At least make it self in pvp only. Last time I log in wvw I was so confuse why my quickness was not existent. Or remove quickness in pvp from every other class that give quickness. Seriously give us back the quickness. And for the record pve scrapper is good, for the rest of the game it suck.

Uhhh Scrapper in pvp definitely does not suck lmfao

23 minutes ago, Ghos.1326 said:

Uhhh Scrapper in pvp definitely does not suck lmfao

Grenade doesn't suck but scrapper do. I would prefer that they atleast decrease the hammer skills CDs on PVP. I was thinking that maybe increasing electro-whirl casting duration from 1sec to 2sec and also double it's damage(CD same), so in PVP we can have a reliable way to reflect/block missels while removing movement impering effects... (but i am not 100% sure if it's a good idea).

| Revision |

Up until now: 20 players have voted that scrapper is fine and 29 players think scrapper needs buff to it's damage.

Ratio:

Scrapper is fine                         |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||                                                       |45%

Scrapper needs damage buff |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||                                          |55%

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

They could always turn them back into minions again but do it right

If you want radical redesign then arguably it should also summon junkyard monstrosities rather than just mini helicopters only.

In the name of the great machine loas, please, let us not return to the absolute garbage of minion gyros.....

• Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

If you want radical redesign then arguably it should also summon junkyard monstrosities rather than just mini helicopters only.

For the love of god, i don't want to go back to that past. I ment to say something similer like this:

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 5:38 PM, shion.2084 said:

Hmmm, well it also reflects... and you can do auto attack while the electro whirl is doing damage.   I'm generally in a pretty happy place because if we got any more they'd hit us with a nerf bat.  So lets just slide under the radar.

Since when can you attack during electro whirl? Is that a pvp thing only?

46 minutes ago, Venres.1603 said:

Since when can you attack during electro whirl? Is that a pvp thing only?

I only play when doing PvP... but the electro whirl does an animation around you, after that animation starts you can do things like AA, or even switch weapon kits to grenades and fire that.. or initiate a rocket jump.   Don't see why it wouldn't work in PvE

I wish anet would revert the scrappers personal stealth time on stealth gyro (pvp and wvw) but keep the current stealth time on the aoe/team stealth. Imo the nerf to the elite was to heavy handed, the team/aoe stealth duration was a bit much tho before the nerf. 

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107