What are peoples thoughts on all Jackal skins being usable with the Warclaw

6 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

The problem with Jackal skins is that they are reaching a situation of overload. There are so many and even cat based skins like tigers are ending up on jackal from time to time. There are only so many skins someone can regularly use on the mount. If the objective is to sell skins, then just saying "four legs = jackal" is going to be less and less effective as time goes on.

What they should be doing is working out a way to put turtles into WvW. Thats a mount that is being forced into action by putting in things like the Gyala Delves breakable walls or those barriers in dragons end - maybe put the seige mount into a battle that actually has a seige going on, even if it means limiting it in some way for balance. They clearly want us to buy more turtle mounts and apparently gave up, going to endless skiffs instead.

Assuming I've added them up correctly there's currently 55 skins for the raptor, 47 for springer, 38 for skimmer, 53 for jackal, 22 for roller beetle, 35 for warclaw, 52 for griffon, 39 for skyscale and 10 for turtle. So the jackal has the 2nd most skins overall and only 1 more than the griffon and 6 more than the springer.

I agree it's a lot but don't think Anet expects anyone to buy all of them. Since skins are purely cosmetic and personal preferences will vary a lot they couldn't make skins everyone likes, so by making a wide variety they increase the chances everyone will find something they like and want to buy.

I definitely feel like I hit the saturation point on most of the mounts a while ago - I got a few options I liked for each one, enough to match all my regularly played characters and give me a bit of variety. But even so occasionally new skins come out which I like enough that I feel like it's worth buying them, even if they are going to be competing for time with my existing ones.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Jackal is also superior if there are a lot of sharp turns.

I feel that is subjective.

Both turn at nearly the same speed.  Fast enough to barely matter.  Except for the 180 bit.

Raptor takes more skill and timing to stop your jumps short to land and turn, Jackal can turn every teleport.

In a race with turns so tight that no mount would work, jackal is probably best. But I haven't seen that situation yet.

Jackal feels like the closest thing to just walking without a mount, but your faster and can teleport a little.  So I give it that certainly.

Anyone else watching that video get frustrated watching griffon walk to the end?  Just jump off that wall :classic_huh:

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Why not just make all skin usable with the warclaw?  Why just the jackal?

As mentioned before, the two mounts use different rigging so they can't just make a skin available for both.  It would have to be two, different skins.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

The warclaw looks more like a jackal than any of the other PvE mounts? It doesn't look like a jackal, it's just that the jackal is the closest.

It may look like the jackal is the closest, but as far as I remember the basis of the warclaw is actually a griffon without the wings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1