Tired of being one-shot

Sparetent.9756

My HP: 19,902

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. :\

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 22
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Now be fair.  Show the full combat log so we can see if you're even moving and pressing buttons.  I can't take you seriously about being "one-shot" by an elementalist using skills that have cast times and channels.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

My PH: 16,322

Lured Necro who was following me, to a camp full of Veteran NPC's and 2x Dolyak's. Waited for him to attack them, then tried to engage. I cast "Battle Maul" from the mount, and while tanking ALL the mobs, he turned around and one-shot me. This one took over a second, but still. Blind spamming for me, free kill for him, while tanking all the mobs and taking no damage. Love it.

OP Necromancer

*YAWN...*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I don't know if it is any consolation but Diamond Legend is the very highest title in WvW so you are playing someone who has spent practically forever playing WvW.  I'm assuming that you are relatively new to WvW so there is no shame to losing to an ultra-experienced player.

In fact, unlike in OW, dying is a natural and inevitable part of WvW, especially for new players (me not very long ago), and I found it best to not be bothered by being killed, in fact a lot of the time it gives me a good laugh.  Like when a dozen people detach from a zerg and hunt you, a lone player, down and kill you and then jump up and down on you.  In WvW you will frequently get outnumbered and trounced, and even when you are with other players you will run into groups of players (boon balls?) that seem to be invulnerable or immune or endlessly block all your attacks, instantly healing even if you do get any attacks in.  That's just WvW.  Not to mention that even if you are in a zerg the enemy zerg will inevitably choose you to focus on, and in that case it won't even take a second to die.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Perfect example of a player on a build he doesn't understand playing against builds he doesn't understand.

You are running full glasscanon.

You are dying to 1-shot gimmick builds which usually also run full glasscanon (and as such usually go down if their 1-shot interaction fails).

If you were on a proper roaming build, instead of your own full zerker gimmick build or if you knew what to watch out for in your opponents builds, you'd fare better.

That warrior for example was even sloppy. He could have easily double gun flamed you and given your lack of understanding and reactions, that log would have been worse. Doesn't change the fact that this build relies on a 1-2 hit combo and then leaves the warrior helpless and it doesn't even work against any more tanky roaming builds.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

Revenant, Engineer, Ranger, Mesmer  15,922

The real question is how do you not get one shot? You're barely above base health for your class and I can't imagine you having much toughness.. And even if you were good, you're going to struggle vs any rando +1

Also you have a 1500+ range weapon. I think you should be deleting them before they walk up to gunflame you but as far as the combat logs show, we're not sure if you're pressing buttons. In the ele log you get hit by like 5 attacks and didn't even hit them. Were you posting on the forums?

Durability runes can help, and ranger has decent access to protection if you need.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

5 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

My HP: 16,722

4 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

So you ran as a glass cannon against a class cannon and didn't react in time or get the first shots off. Sorry the forums were recently on the topic that people run too tanky or sustain. Don't run glass so for those that do, please if you don't mind can you help the OP on options and rotations?

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Galmac.4680 said:

You could use cele stats to have more life and toughness.

[runsAwayAndHides]

Cele stats as a base does nothing unless the build can use them, else they are a waste of stats. Its like saying all condi builds should use Marauder stats. Its a red herring in facts. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I’ve been where you are, and I had to learn a lot of things and break WOW habits. Try something like this on your ranger:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_'Em_Roamer

General tips:

- Pick your battles when you can

- Work on being fast and evasive - the ranger toolkit is good for this 

Edited by Maltyrius.2961
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. 😕

Rookie numbers, you ve been missing my videos. Here you go. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Lured Necro who was following me, to a camp full of Veteran NPC's and 2x Dolyak's. Waited for him to attack them, then tried to engage. I cast "Battle Maul" from the mount, and while tanking ALL the mobs, he turned around and one-shot me. This one took over a second, but still. Blind spamming for me, free kill for him, while tanking all the mobs and taking no damage. Love it.

OP Necromancer

*YAWN...*

Engaging with the mount, especially when you are running a ranged build against a melee-focused (!) elite spec... is not a great idea.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Perfect example of a player on a build he doesn't understand playing against builds he doesn't understand.

You are running full glasscanon.

You are dying to 1-shot gimmick builds which usually also run full glasscanon (and as such usually go down if their 1-shot interaction fails).

If you were on a proper roaming build, instead of your own full zerker gimmick build or if you knew what to watch out for in your opponents builds, you'd fare better.

That warrior for example was even sloppy. He could have easily double gun flamed you and given your lack of understanding and reactions, that log would have been worse. Doesn't change the fact that this build relies on a 1-2 hit combo and then leaves the warrior helpless and it doesn't even work against any more tanky roaming builds.

Even worse, that warrior cancelled their Volley.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Bruh, make yourself a favor and stay away from WSR, they purely exist to gank others with troll builds. Always 3-5 people together for group gang bang. They can't 1v1 nor 10v10 or more , always 3v1 or 5v1. 

Its more like impossible to 1v1 since whenever there is WSR there are two more nearby. Just for ganking.

Changing your build doesn't matter, you will never see 1v1 WSR, you will die to 3v1 anyway so it doesn't matter. Fight against less toxic WVW servers, skip.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Now be fair.  Show the full combat log so we can see if you're even moving and pressing buttons.  I can't take you seriously about being "one-shot" by an elementalist using skills that have cast times and channels.

Full context, they seemed to want a fight but disengaged - turned out they wanted their cloaking water stealth attack - which happened while I was starting typing. 1s deletion from first hit at the timestamp. 

Perhaps if I cared I'd have try to exit from typing as soon as they appeared, but it's a game. Some things aren't that important 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Chips.7968 said:

Full context, they seemed to want a fight but disengaged - turned out they wanted their cloaking water stealth attack - which happened while I was starting typing. 1s deletion from first hit at the timestamp. 

Perhaps if I cared I'd have try to exit from typing as soon as they appeared, but it's a game. Some things aren't that important 😄

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.  The OP posted a screenshot of damage from a Catalyst.  You show an older pre-balance patch video of a Weaver.  Of course you're going to get "one-shot" if you're doing something else in game like typing in chat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

"I'm tired of being 1 shotted by OP people."

*Gets deleted by several classes*

I mean if there's 3-4 classes that are deleting you in mere seconds with you having no chance in living then it's either:

1. Your gear.

2. Your build.

3. Your skill.

4. All of the above.

Like what were you even doing? lol.

Edited by Kain.9136
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1