Tired of being one-shot

Sparetent.9756

21 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

My HP: 19,902

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. 😕

from what i see on this forums this is the desired result of game balance by the community so get used to it...

P.S it's funny how you show other classes pretty much 2shotting you while the ele had to use 6 skills some of which have huge cast times... i just find that humorous...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.  The OP posted a screenshot of damage from a Catalyst.  You show an older pre-balance patch video of a Weaver.  Of course you're going to get "one-shot" if you're doing something else in game like typing in chat.

Few pointers.

1) The person quoted queried about elementalist. It's there in the text; you know, the person I was responding to. You. The context is right there. Not "the original poster. "

2) I provided the actual time of entire engagementl;1s. Please let me know what you consider "1 shot".

3) The kill time was 1s. I don't think it matters if I was typing or not.

You weren't even trying to make a point it appears. Hardly surprising.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

I don't know if it is any consolation but Diamond Legend is the very highest title in WvW so you are playing someone who has spent practically forever playing WvW.  I'm assuming that you are relatively new to WvW so there is no shame to losing to an ultra-experienced player.

In fact, unlike in OW, dying is a natural and inevitable part of WvW, especially for new players (me not very long ago), and I found it best to not be bothered by being killed, in fact a lot of the time it gives me a good laugh.  Like when a dozen people detach from a zerg and hunt you, a lone player, down and kill you and then jump up and down on you.  In WvW you will frequently get outnumbered and trounced, and even when you are with other players you will run into groups of players (boon balls?) that seem to be invulnerable or immune or endlessly block all your attacks, instantly healing even if you do get any attacks in.  That's just WvW.  Not to mention that even if you are in a zerg the enemy zerg will inevitably choose you to focus on, and in that case it won't even take a second to die.

Many Diamond ranks got their rank by raiding though, so you meet a lot whose performance in smallscale is similar to a Bronze / Silver rank.

• Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. :\

Wth?  Sic em soulbeast are the worst, and most common offenders for ranged cheese. Right next to staff weaver. 

Plus rangers doesn't mean just using ranged weapons. Even in D&D it's more about being able to range the land, and using the environment to your advantage.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

My HP: 16,722

Elementalist rides lightning over to me and one-shot me in less than half a second! 

3OP Elementalist

[EDIT] Forgot to add this was one of those scrubs from the "see you WindowsNT" guild.

try dodging /interrupting? I play ele and never get that many abilities off in a row - unless the person is standing still. that seems like much slower damage than other classes. that's two move abilities followed by 3 more abilities - one of which is a 2 second channel. try again this was at least 4 seconds. the game may be too fast for you if it felt like 1 or less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My PH: 16,322

Lured Necro who was following me, to a camp full of Veteran NPC's and 2x Dolyak's. Waited for him to attack them, then tried to engage. I cast "Battle Maul" from the mount, and while tanking ALL the mobs, he turned around and one-shot me. This one took over a second, but still. Blind spamming for me, free kill for him, while tanking all the mobs and taking no damage. Love it.

OP Necromancer

*YAWN...*

K that one's a 35 hit.

I'm gonna assume the rest are 1-hits in the double digit actual hits too and move on

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The poster isn't far off.  Majority of other classes will have a quick 1-2 hit of nearly 20k + damage, which for some players, instantly drops them in less than a second.  The Rapid fire is a multiple arrow attack.  Unfortunately, once an opponent realizes they are coming under fire, a Rapid Fire cannot deal full damage, because each arrow has to hit to get the full damage.  The damage is spread across roughly 2.5 to 3 seconds depending on your FPS.  I got two shotted by a Rifle Warrior and was down then dead one time.  That means the first shot did 20k damage, and the second shot, took out my downed stage health instantaneously.  There was no evasion.  No ability to dodge.  No shield.  And the thieves arent much better.  Their always looking for the new 1-2 hit.  1st hit downed, second hit dead.  Last thief that used that on me was ... a year ago.  Less than a year ago.  Mesmer's and the ele's however, I dunno.  40k damage of condi's that down you in two seconds.  That's not fun or cool.  And anet just figures they need the extra damage since their a "light" class?  Light?  They're tanked.  I pour damage into an ele or mesmer, and they eat it like it's candy, and then they open up, and your down and dead in two seconds?  What the hell?  The poster above, is spot on about the damage output, It's seriously stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

57 minutes ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

40k damage of condi's that down you in two seconds.  That's not fun or cool.

Well if you found a build that could dump for example 100 bleed stacks at 1200 range with no ramp up time in that 1s, you deserve to win WvW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:24 AM, Junkpile.7439 said:

Better get one shotted than fight against some celestial lamer. At least you get in spawn like 2 minutes earlier and won't waste time.

Better to get one shot because they can be one shot too if played right. Losing to celestial just means they healed moar gooder. Attrition fights are slogs, I will never understand how people can play like that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. 😕

I think it is impressive you managed to get hit by all that from the mesmer. Did you stand still and just thought, let me tank all this damage?

The warrior has got to be Perish. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 3/6/2023 at 10:34 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

All I get out of your response is that you had no point and were trying to hijack my discussion about the OP's combat log with your own personal experience.

No, i was contributing by pointing out elementalist can 1 shot - which directly contradicted your claims.

Directly relevant to thread. It's not surprising you're attacking a poster seeing as evidence contradicted your claim and there's no legitimate argument against it. 

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chips.7968 said:

No, i was contributing by pointing out elementalist can 1 shot - which directly contradicted your claims.

Directly relevant to thread. It's not surprising you're attacking a poster seeing as evidence contradicted your claim and there's no legitimate argument against it. 

I didn't make any such claim that elementist can't one shot though. Would you like to talk about the combat log that was posted? It only showed the damage in. We have no idea if the OP did anything other than stand still while taking damage. So I said the entire log should be shown. It is only fair, especially when the log shows damage in from certain elementalist skills that are channeled.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

OP Mesmer

OP Warrior

Gunflame warrior isnt even a good roaming build. It is a fun build that makes you super squishy if you want to pull those numbers plus if warrior is out of signet of might, everything can be reflected. Also the cast-animation is so obvious. Cant decide if this is a troll post or not. I play Gunflame warrior and since it seems that you play ranger, it is clear that you are trolling. I sometimes give ranger a try to figure out how to beat them, and even with zero experience this class is superior to gunflame and can easily counter it on almost every build both in range or melee since you got plenty of CC and dmg while having superb sustain.

• Like 2

For the OP, use more toughness. Plain and simple. I always tell new players or those that just struggle with WvW survival this...

First go tanky, then learn to spanky, but seriously, go tanky, go ultra tanky and just learn how to survive first, then just work your way backwards until you have enough damage to kill somebody. Then it is up to you how much one you want to sacrifice for the other. After that, come back and I'll give you part 2 which is based on stun breaks and escapes. If you still want help come back for part 3 which is unbalanced builds that Anet refuses to address which will net you lots of bags.

Your journey has begun, good day to you. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is true there is too much CC. But it doesn't affect the boon stackers, so it is not high priority.

The last thing in the world they want to do is take away the boon ball. They don't even want them temporarily stripped very often or they wouldn't have nerfed scourge and spell breakers boon removal abilities into the dirt. That tells you everything you need to know.

You know what they should do, is add a boon that is called super boon. Super boon is so nobody ever has to worry about dying ever. 

Never mind, bad idea, they already have hackers that can get pretty close to that. Oh well, I guess we just have to live with tons of CC that never affects the boon stackers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here I was staying away from the enemy cloud, and tagging people at 1500 range when suddenly I exploded! No change to dodge, react or cast a heal! This is the bulls..... I'm talking about! These over-'ing-powered abilities that one-shot you from nowhere without ANY warning whatsoever.

Gun Flame Damage: 34,990

Total Damage: 46,910

NERF WARRIORS

[EDIT] Someone requested a video of this taking place, here you go.

Edited by Sparetent.9756
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Here I was staying away from the enemy cloud, and tagging people at 1500 range when suddenly I exploded! No change to dodge, react or cast a heal! This is the bulls..... I'm talking about! These over-'ing-powered abilities that one-shot you from nowhere without ANY warning whatsoever.

Gun Flame Damage: 34,990

Total Damage: 46,910

NERF WARRIORS

[EDIT] Someone requested a video of this taking place, here you go.

Good video.  Veteran players can offer constructive responses.

Did you notice beforehand that all your allies were retreating into the structure as well as the commander tag?  When your team's front line collapses like that and allows the opponent to push forward and get in range of you, what are you going to do?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3

while10 Years of +1 shot as "balance" continues...

"The publisher behind Guild Wars 2 (GW2) has previously announced a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) titled Throne and Liberty. Many GW2 players hope that NCSoft’s upcoming title will be the “new” Guild Wars 2. You may be wondering, though, what the expected release date for Throne and Liberty is. Let’s break it down, shall we?"

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/throne-and-liberty-tl-possible-release-date-mmorpg-2023/#.ZB-oanbMKew

edit: (a world vs world>castle) theme 

Edited by Burnfall.9573