Tired of being one-shot

Sparetent.9756

7 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Here I was staying away from the enemy cloud, and tagging people at 1500 range when suddenly I exploded! No change to dodge, react or cast a heal! This is the bulls..... I'm talking about! These over-'ing-powered abilities that one-shot you from nowhere without ANY warning whatsoever.

Gun Flame Damage: 34,990

Total Damage: 46,910

NERF WARRIORS

[EDIT] Someone requested a video of this taking place, here you go.

No wonder you keep making the topics you do. You have 0 fight awareness.

You are on a full glass canon build. You have literally 0 defensive skills on your bar (minor correction, you are running Dolyak Stance but feel no need to use it. Ironically this could have saved you if you had used the skill preemptively IF you decide to stay this offensive). You decide to stand your ground against an overwhelming enemy push while every single player around you, besides the 3 which decided to explode next to you, was retreating.

The fact that you even assume you were at 1,500 range to the enemy is hilarious when the enemies frontline was no further than 700-800 units at best (which we know because those red circles which where coming closer have a range of 900 plus cast time, which means by the time they are there the enemy has advanced 100-150 units too).

Oh and small tip: had that been any type of hard cc instead of a gunflame, you would have been dead too.

What exacty was the goal there? Where you trying to downstate some enemy player (which you have would have had 0 chance to finish even IF you could have managed to overwhelm them with all their supports near them) only to give them the rally after?

You are on a long range, 0 defensive skills, not squad viable, power poke build. Start playing around that build type.

Still are least you are trying to improve (unlike most complainers/whiners). That video is a great step towards improving your game play, if you decide to improve from it.

As to why that gunflame did the damage it did (which is irrelevant since the skill setup can easily hit 20k+ without the setup):

- full berserker gear

- probably max might stacks, given his entire squad near him

- no protection on you

- I would assume max bloodlust stacks on the warrior

- very likely fully kitted out in ascended/legendary with power infusions (I know my build is and I rarely see 30k+ spikes)

- warrior used both his signets roght before his gunflame (both to instant charge adrenaline and bonus stats)

- I'm going to guess you are on exotic armor (at least marauder stats) but you might be on ascended, all the damage modifiers up top sre enough for a 1 shot

- I know you are at 0 additional toughness

So adding all that together, you got 1-shot by a maxed out gimmik build, with squad support against being open field, no squad support poke build. Pretty much as beneficial a setup as it can get for the other side.

EDIT:

Going through the log, let me help you make sense of it because you seem confused the way you added up the damage.

The total damage done by the warrior (Diamond Legend) was 34,990  (17,656+17,334) which was the result of 2 (not 1) Gunflame skills (F1 -> Blood Reckoning -> F1) so while the damage does happen very fast, it wasn't a 1 skill ko (and you get no warning non gunflame shot because the warrior doesn't have to get in combat with you, being likely in combat from attacking someone else). The remaining damage was from other players which you can easily tell by the differing WvW ranks in the log they have (you can't just add up all the damage you see and assume it's from the same player).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

while10 Years of +1 shot as "balance" continues...

"The publisher behind Guild Wars 2 (GW2) has previously announced a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) titled Throne and Liberty. Many GW2 players hope that NCSoft’s upcoming title will be the “new” Guild Wars 2. You may be wondering, though, what the expected release date for Throne and Liberty is. Let’s break it down, shall we?"

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/throne-and-liberty-tl-possible-release-date-mmorpg-2023/#.ZB-oanbMKew

edit: (a world vs world>castle) theme 

The hopium in that article lol.

Expecting it won't have a p2w cash shop because the same publisher as gw2 lol. But Gw2 was developed for the NA market, not Asian market, which a lot of those games tend to have grinding along with p2w features to get past it, even Lost Ark. Also balance tends to be bad in most mmo games, as most developers don't play pvp much with their own games to know the problems to fine tune, or it's biased balancing to what the devs favorite class, like this game, and even WoW. Overall looks like another Black desert to me, which had p2w items in the store. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

My HP: 19,902

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. 😕

One ranger to another. It's a L2P issue.

• Haha 2

On 3/13/2023 at 5:54 PM, chripsy.1027 said:

To be fair to OP.  I have 23k health and 1650 toughness and it took a Willbender about a second to kill me with their burst attack. 

This is what we call paper. You are prepared for some condi damage but nothing for power damage.

• Confused 1

Hi,

i,ve been playing since release. But only like 2 months and then off every 2 years or so.

im 2 months in right now. Full celestial ascended untamed. Long bow hammer. I will link my build later.

i am lvl 125 in WvW. 

i never die fast…

when I face an ultra experienced player yes I loose. But I win 80% of duel and easily 30% 1vs2….

I have won a 1v2 IN an enemy camp with many veteran frogs plus guards….

Check your build and gear. Train and you should be very fine.

i feel like I am at 25% skill level… much progress to make

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The hopium in that article lol.

Expecting it won't have a p2w cash shop because the same publisher as gw2 lol. But Gw2 was developed for the NA market, not Asian market, which a lot of those games tend to have grinding along with p2w features to get past it, even Lost Ark. Also balance tends to be bad in most mmo games, as most developers don't play pvp much with their own games to know the problems to fine tune, or it's biased balancing to what the devs favorite class, like this game, and even WoW. Overall looks like another Black desert to me, which had p2w items in the store. 🤷‍♂️

Xenesis, so why are we still here dealing with  Guild Wars 2 10 years balance problems? Warrior Profession: Gunflame made a comeback, not forgetting dealing with Perma-Stealth since Guild Wars 2 beta?

Guild Wars 2 Balance is stuck in 10 Years-Beta mode: there is nothing new in its balance.

side note:

Take a look at Capcom upcoming Fighting Game- Street Fighter 6 and Bandai Namco Studios and Arika upcoming Fighting Game- Tekken 8

What lessons have they learned and applied during 10 years including beta;  to strive and  continue to make their game competitive, enjoyable and fun?

Now compare them to Guild Wars 2 Balance for the past 10 Years including beta?

Why is Guild Wars 2 Balance continue to be non-competitive, atrocious and Toxic?

Capcom and Bandai Namco Studio and Arika Balance would never tolerate Guild Wars 2 Balance

"Anything  That You Throw Comes Back. All Actions Are Echoes"

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

while10 Years of +1 shot as "balance" continues...

"The publisher behind Guild Wars 2 (GW2) has previously announced a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) titled Throne and Liberty. Many GW2 players hope that NCSoft’s upcoming title will be the “new” Guild Wars 2. You may be wondering, though, what the expected release date for Throne and Liberty is. Let’s break it down, shall we?"

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/throne-and-liberty-tl-possible-release-date-mmorpg-2023/#.ZB-oanbMKew

edit: (a world vs world>castle) theme 

I'm waiting for this game right now with my old Lineage 2 crew.

As a forewarning, this game will not be like Guild Wars. This game is essentially Lineage 3 but they dropped that title due to what I'm just going to call the Half-life 3 effect.

Meaning this game is most likely not going to be casual friendly and will have a very strong focus on pvp like Lineage 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Xenesis, so why are we still here dealing with  Guild Wars 2 10 years balance problems? Warrior Profession: Gunflame made a comeback, not forgetting dealing with Perma-Stealth since Guild Wars 2 beta?

Guild Wars 2 Balance is stuck in 10 Years-Beta mode: there is nothing new in its balance.

side note:

Take a look at Capcom upcoming Fighting Game- Street Fighter 6 and Bandai Namco Studios and Arika upcoming Fighting Game- Tekken 8

What lessons have they learned and applied during 10 years including beta;  to strive and  continue to make their game competitive, enjoyable and fun?

Why is Guild Wars 2 Balance continue to be non-competitive, atrocious and Toxic?

Capcom and Bandai Namco Studio and Arika Balance would never tolerate Guild Wars 2 Balance

I'm pretty sure quite a few players are looking forward to try Throne and Liberty.

Here is hoping to you enjoying it. Let's hope they do stealth and the thief class differently.

Go all in. No turning back. This what you have been waiting for for over 10 years. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

side note:

Because mmo devs don't talk to the general player base, they've always talked to players with renown or influence, hence why we have these secret discord channels and such, why you see them running with guilds all the time. Gw2's are pretty biased, changing "leads" did nothing to change that. I'm sure they had a dev that found ghost thieves hilarious in pvp, until it messed with a raid boss, which was a no no when trying to sell an expansion for raids for groups. They also don't seem to have any basic guidelines in creating or balancing specs, seems everything is available and on the board for any new spec, the ole trinity balance was never a thing and never will be in this game, even though they eventually shoehorned it into the game, they never bothered to use it's balancing philosophy, hence why we get abominations like Willbenders.

But this game in particular has too many things to balance around, customized gear stats, runes sigils, foods and oils, traits, 12 boons types/spam, 14 condition types/spam, boon strips, 8 cc types, cc spam, cleanse spam, heal spam, damage caps, target caps, dodge cooldowns, skill cooldowns/cast cost, stealth, class resources, barriers, superspeed, invul, blocks, etc. The only thing a fighting game needs to really balance around is damage with little to no extra bonus modifiers to it. Same goes for shooter games, you have different guns, but everyone in general is running the same stats of health and defense, although even more modern shooters have been using shield and res mechanics of mmos now, cause you know, one shots suck in general.

Why isn't gw2 better balanced?..... probably because it's too much work, and not a priority over cash shop and pve which only needs to balance for faster dps. There's always going to be outliner problems in wvw balance, cause in general they just don't care about anything but boon blobs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Truth does not change because of feedbacks

That makes no sense. What truth was proven? He wrote that he was hanging back yet his video shows he wasn't. Remove the gunflame from the equation and the player still put themselves in a bad position. If it wasn't gunflame, it would be something else.

Balance shouldn't be determined by player mistakes. You think balance is bad now? Wait until risk is nerfed and see what happens in the hands of players who don't make such mistakes.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I'm waiting for this game right now with my old Lineage 2 crew.

As a forewarning, this game will not be like Guild Wars. This game is essentially Lineage 3 but they dropped that title due to what I'm just going to call the Half-life 3 effect.

Meaning this game is most likely not going to be casual friendly and will have a very strong focus on pvp like Lineage 2.

So a cross platform PC/Xbox/PS/Phone game from Amazon based on a NK game...ok. Dawdler...the ball is in the air my friend...show time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So a cross platform PC/Xbox/PS/Phone game from Amazon based on a NK game...ok. Dawdler...the ball is in the air my friend...show time!

The game is made for PC. Xbox and PS will be possible to play on. Phone will be possible to check things through an emulator kindof like TeamViewer but the director stated PC will be the way to go. There's an entire video of the director explaining it in an interviee with subtitles hosted on NCsoft's YouTube channel.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 10:00 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'm pretty sure quite a few players are looking forward to try Throne and Liberty.

Here is hoping to you enjoying it. Let's hope they do stealth and the thief class differently.

Go all in. No turning back. This what you have been waiting for for over 10 years. 👍

Few minutes ago while on my Ranger Profession; I was at pulled at 1500+ range and was instantly +1 shotted without going into downstate.

Guild Wars 2 is not the only game in the market; so therefore any game companies who can prove Guild Wars 2 Toxicity wrong, has my best interest and my best attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Few minutes ago while on my Ranger Profession; I was at pulled at 1500+ range and was instantly +1 shotted without going into downstate.

Guild Wars 2 is not the only game in the market; so therefore any game companies who can prove Guild Wars 2 Toxicity wrong, has my best interest and my best attention.

Learn to play issue.

This has been covered so many times by now. 

Just like the video  where creator decided to stand his ground against an entire blob of enemies.

If getting pulled this often is an issue (sure, it might happen once in a while, no one pays attention perfectly all the time), all you are telling everyone here is you are not able to improve your game play enough to learn from past mistakes or you are complaining about getting pulled 1nce every few hours, because that is how often you should be getting pulled as an experienced player at most.

Good luck in Throne and Liberty, again here is to hoping you enjoy the game so you don't have to deal with this games mechanics.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

On 3/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Here I was staying away from the enemy cloud, and tagging people at 1500 range when suddenly I exploded! No change to dodge, react or cast a heal! This is the bulls..... I'm talking about! These over-'ing-powered abilities that one-shot you from nowhere without ANY warning whatsoever.

NERF WARRIORS

Buddy, what did you in there was your lack of awareness leaving you an obvious target for the whole enemy zerg to spike. What is also going on is that you need to play with standard character models so that fewer effect get culled. Had the culling not happened you would have seen the fireballs coming in and could have dodged.

I decided to take a break from PvP and WvW. I logged into Pve and continued with my Eldon Dragon story. 

I was with a squad with Great players with a Superb Commander who went beyond and above to lead and guide the squad.

(no spoiler)

The battle with Elder Dragon; Soo-Won

The story behind Soo-Won is sad and heartbreaking (tearjerking). Soo-Won, "Can I confess something little one? I am afraid to die"

It helped open my eyes a lot to how much Passion and Devotion that goes into Pve.

I only wish that Anet could see the same for WvW and PvP 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

NERF WARRIORS

I read it somewhere , but i agree they should tackle the powercreep with reducing the boon effects . That will slow down the game slightly  in acceptable level , so new blood/players will not be averted from that WvW.

Edit: Or now that we have new flesh blood in the mode (for the legendary) ,  we make it so they have a good time and slowly increase those stats from Might over the next 2-months matchup. So the season starts "genlty" and progress for the likeness of the 1-hit-ok people . We could put a "season" effect(winter(increased/chance forprotection)-spring-etc)

Edited by Woof.8246

23 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What is also going on is that you need to play with standard character models so that fewer effect get culled. Had the culling not happened you would have seen the fireballs coming in and could have dodged.

Am I understanding this correctly: you can get hit by attacks that you can't see because they were culled?