Tired of being one-shot

Sparetent.9756

• 3 weeks later...

(old news-valid, came to my attention)

In a Healthy, Competitive game like Guild Wars: One shot is viewed  as an exploit, cheat, hack. And is treated as Threat,Toxic to the game foundational product, to the gamer experience and to their environment. One shot is severely punishable with severe consequences.

Healthy Competitive games has zero tolerance to One Shot. They do not tolerate it nor encourage nor contribute to its Toxicity.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Tencent Games has also addressed cheating in the game, which we hope will be popular too. The team behind PUBG Mobile has said that it's moved to ban 10,000 players who had used a one-shot kill cheat in the game.

That's resulted in a 10-year ban, although as we all know, those people will probably appear in the game with a different profile - but hopefully will learn a lesson.

"PUBG Mobile's official team is dedicated to bringing you a fair gaming environment by punishing players who disturb this environment. Through player feedback, we have recently discovered a new cheat that one-shot kills players then inverts their screen momentarily."

"The official team immediately went into action and tracked players who have used this cheat. Over 10,000 players have been issued a 10-year ban from the Operations team for harming the gaming environment. Our team will not show restraint to those who undermine the fair gaming environment and use cheats of this type," said Tencent Games in a statement."

"PUBG Mobile Operations Team will continue to work hard to provide the best gaming experience for all players who follow the rules. We ask all players for their support in our continued enforcement. Please respect the rules of the game and play fair."

Cheating is a big problem for battle royale games like PUBG Mobile and you only have to look at the comments on PUBG's official Twitter page to see lots of angry people reporting cheating. While the one-shot cheats aren't the only cheat you'll find in the game, hopefully it will help improve the experience for the wider gaming community."

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/152868-pubg-mobile-livik-map-now-available-as-one-shot-kill-cheats-see-10-year-ban/?newsletter_popup=1

Recent news;

"Overpowered Tears Of The Kingdom Glitch Lets You One-Shot Enemies"

-"The latest in the long running series of classic games, Tears of the Kingdom has a remarkably robust physics system with dozens of items to manipulate, combine, and just have fun with.

Players have already discovered a number of intended and unintended ways to abuse the system, but yet more broken methods are being discovered by ways of bugs and exploits.

One such method lets you fuse together as many weapons as you want to turn yourself into a walking death machine, capable of beating even the mightiest of foes in a single strike."-

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/overpowered-tears-kingdom-glitch-lets-165000421.html

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 4

On 5/6/2023 at 2:11 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Whelp.. I got 28 people on my ignore list.. am I winning?

🤭🍿

Nah. I rarely ignore people because I need to feel better about myself. I can always be like "well, at least I don't get one shot every time I leave spawn, and even if I did, I don't whine on the forums for like the better part of a decade. " Usually it takes me to get to an objective to die which is why I need people like Grimm to help while I waypoint

And many one shots have been toned down; that's a simple fact. When PoF was running around with those out of nowhere deadeyes, I pretty much declared it was impossible to play with less  that ~24k health. It's not that bad anymore. 18k is fine but some tough is required. If you're running base hp well, lol.

Granted with mounts, a lot of that danger is gone.

I mean there are plenty of stupid builds out there and a reason why most don't take small scale seriously (or just wvw for that matter), but I think the issue is being able to tell the difference.

Ironically it doesn't feel worth it to play glassy builds in the end.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Nah. I rarely ignore people because I need to feel better about myself. I can always be like "well, at least I don't get one shot every time I leave spawn, and even if I did, I don't whine on the forums for like the better part of a decade. " Usually it takes me to get to an objective to die.

And many one shots have been toned down; that's a simple fact. When PoF was running around with those out of nowhere deadeyes, I pretty much declared it was impossible to play with less  that ~24k health. It's not that bad anymore. 18k is fine but some tough is required. If you're running base hp well, lol.

Granted with mounts, a lot of that danger is gone.

I mean there are plenty of stupid builds out there and a reason why most don't take small scale seriously (or just wvw for that matter), but I think the issue is being able to tell the difference.

Ironically it doesn't feel worth it to play glassy builds in the end.

ok. 😶🍿

12 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Nah. I rarely ignore people because I need to feel better about myself. I can always be like "well, at least I don't get one shot every time I leave spawn, and even if I did, I don't whine on the forums for like the better part of a decade. " Usually it takes me to get to an objective to die which is why I need people like Grimm to help while I waypoint

lol, yeah its a loss of marble thing. Not a fan of server mates getting downed. Makes my brain say attack and make bad decisions. Often a bad call but, sometimes, just sometimes, magic happens. Then it is is worth it. It is the Choppa in me. 

On 5/25/2023 at 8:00 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

(old news-valid, came to my attention)

In a Healthy, Competitive game like Guild Wars: One shot is viewed  as an exploit, cheat, hack. And is treated as Threat,Toxic to the game foundational product, to the gamer experience and to their environment. One shot is severely punishable with severe consequences.

Healthy Competitive games has zero tolerance to One Shot. They do not tolerate it nor encourage nor contribute to its Toxicity.

Citation needed. Some of the biggest and most successful e-sports games (far far faaaar above GW2) all have 1-shot skills, builds, effects. Counter Strike, League of Legends, Star Craft (essential early game rushes are equivalent), etc.

Your personal opinion does not equal fact, even less when your statement is easily disproven by looking at industry leaders.

On 5/25/2023 at 8:00 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Tencent Games has also addressed cheating in the game, which we hope will be popular too. The team behind PUBG Mobile has said that it's moved to ban 10,000 players who had used a one-shot kill cheat in the game.

That's resulted in a 10-year ban, although as we all know, those people will probably appear in the game with a different profile - but hopefully will learn a lesson.

"PUBG Mobile's official team is dedicated to bringing you a fair gaming environment by punishing players who disturb this environment. Through player feedback, we have recently discovered a new cheat that one-shot kills players then inverts their screen momentarily."

"The official team immediately went into action and tracked players who have used this cheat. Over 10,000 players have been issued a 10-year ban from the Operations team for harming the gaming environment. Our team will not show restraint to those who undermine the fair gaming environment and use cheats of this type," said Tencent Games in a statement."

"PUBG Mobile Operations Team will continue to work hard to provide the best gaming experience for all players who follow the rules. We ask all players for their support in our continued enforcement. Please respect the rules of the game and play fair."

Cheating is a big problem for battle royale games like PUBG Mobile and you only have to look at the comments on PUBG's official Twitter page to see lots of angry people reporting cheating. While the one-shot cheats aren't the only cheat you'll find in the game, hopefully it will help improve the experience for the wider gaming community."

https://www.pocket-lint.com/games/news/152868-pubg-mobile-livik-map-now-available-as-one-shot-kill-cheats-see-10-year-ban/?newsletter_popup=1

Recent news;

"Overpowered Tears Of The Kingdom Glitch Lets You One-Shot Enemies"

-"The latest in the long running series of classic games, Tears of the Kingdom has a remarkably robust physics system with dozens of items to manipulate, combine, and just have fun with.

Players have already discovered a number of intended and unintended ways to abuse the system, but yet more broken methods are being discovered by ways of bugs and exploits.

One such method lets you fuse together as many weapons as you want to turn yourself into a walking death machine, capable of beating even the mightiest of foes in a single strike."-

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/overpowered-tears-kingdom-glitch-lets-165000421.html

Yes, glitches, hacks, exploits should be addressed by developers if possible.

Lucky that the gunflame skill does not fall into any of those categories. You just being you, trying to creat links between different issues while using your own opinion as statements of fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Citation needed. Some of the biggest and most successful e-sports games (far far faaaar above GW2) all have 1-shot skills, builds, effects. Counter Strike, League of Legends, Star Craft (essential early game rushes are equivalent), etc.

Your personal opinion does not equal fact, even less when your statement is easily disproven by looking at industry leaders.

Yes, glitches, hacks, exploits should be addressed by developers if possible.

Lucky that the gunflame skill does not fall into any of those categories. You just being you, trying to creat links between different issues while using your own opinion as statements of fact.

Cyninja, my biggest critique 

/Wave 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Cyninja, my biggest critique 

/Wave 

Nope, just the only person who still actually reads the incoherent stuff you post, somehow hoping you might actually start putting some effort into your troll posts. Everyone else just presses the confused emojy and moves on. Maybe time I started doing the same.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Nope, just the only person who still actually reads the incoherent stuff you post, somehow hoping you might actually start putting some effort into your troll posts. Everyone else just presses the confused emojy and moves on. Maybe time I started doing the same.

Cyninja, you have a track record of criticizing  anyone whose not align with your beliefs.  My track record;  states my case, values, contributes, supports, encourage, defends and praise others.

I am not intimidated by confuse emoji's. In fact; I just let it be as it is. Why my posts are constantly creating a dilemma to you?? Why your aggressive reaction when responding to you as seen as threatening to you??

I encourage you to speak for yourself as myself. I am focused, confident and can handle Emoji's without intimidation

I am not Superior in anyway toward any anyone in the forums and have no need for it

• Like 2

Cyninja, you have a track record of criticizing  anyone whose not align with your beliefs.  My track record;  states my case, values, contributes, supports, encourage, defends and praise others.

Your track record usually consist of:

- trash talking the developer studio

- criticizing 1-2 classes (most often thief and mesmer

- criticizing 1-2 mechanics, usually stealth

- presenting opinions as facts 

- linking to years old videos (clearly not ever having played sole of those builds yourself) or referencing parts of other games, if it suits you

I am not intimidated by confuse emoji's. In fact; I just let it be as it is. Why my posts are constantly creating a dilemma to you?? Why your aggressive reaction when responding to you as seen as threatening to you??

I encourage you to speak for yourself as myself. I am focused, confident and can handle Emoji's without intimidation

Not threatened. Bored by the years of trolling you have provided. 

I am not Superior in anyway toward any anyone in the forums and have no need for it

Really? Yet you leave out no post in which you let everyone know how bad the developers are at balance and how this game will fail if stealth is not finally removed, the thief class gets deleted and/or competative modes in this game will fail.

You've been at this for years. If someone sees your account name, they could place bets and nearly 100% accurately predict what you will complain about.

• Confused 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:08 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

My HP: 16,722

Elementalist rides lightning over to me and one-shot me in less than half a second! 

OP Elementalist

[EDIT] Forgot to add this was one of those scrubs from the "see you WindowsNT" guild.

have you tried

Spoiler

Dodging, you literally have 2 of them..... and 10 types of evades