Five-Person-Content Legendary Armor

As the title states, having five-person-content legendary armor would be fantastic. It could be a combination of fractals and dungeons. This could appeal to people not into large instanced content such as raids. It could also appeal to people who aren't into competitive game modes like pvp and wvw. I would love to have another NPC in fractals with most of the components needed to craft the armor, like fractal relics and pristine relics, and (maybe since forcing people to do CM might overdo it) unstable fractal essence. In addition, the gifts from dungeons could be utilized or otherwise some other item tied to dungeon tokens. These are just some ideas. I would love to hear from you guys about what you think! You could further develop what I got or share your opinion. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 12

Yes.

(Although I think it highly unlikely at this point. ArenaNet has clearly been prioritizing Strikes, and wouldn't want players to gravitate toward old, five person content instead of their new, ten person.)

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

Looking forward to a long thread arguing about arbitrary "mode" definitions designed to bolster a given position on who and who should not get legendary armor.

Who... who will advocate for the most unsung of GW2 game modes: Adventures?

😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Two for PvP, one for each mode: sPvP and WvW.

One for PvE.

If you play wvw, you know it's more of a pvpve hybrid than what you claim it is.

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Looking forward to a long thread arguing about arbitrary "mode" definitions

No wonder you're looking forward to it, you've started it 3 posts above 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

If you play wvw, you know it's more of a pvpve hybrid than what you claim it is.

No wonder you're looking forward to it, you've started it 3 posts above 😄

Indeed!

Let's get down and solipsistic!

Although, one can see the seed one post before mine. 😄

• Confused 6

56 minutes ago, dontlook.1823 said:

As the title states, having five-person-content legendary armor would be fantastic. It could be a combination of fractals and dungeons. This could appeal to people not into large instanced content such as raids. It could also appeal to people who aren't into competitive game modes like pvp and wvw. I would love to have another NPC in fractals with most of the components needed to craft the armor, like fractal relics and pristine relics, and (maybe since forcing people to do CM might overdo it) unstable fractal essence. In addition, the gifts from dungeons could be utilized or otherwise some other item tied to dungeon tokens. These are just some ideas. I would love to hear from you guys about what you think! You could further develop what I got or share your opinion. 

This a lively idea

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Indeed!

Let's get down and solipsistic!

Although, one can see the seed one post before mine. 😄

All that post said is "one for pvp, one for wvw and one for pve", which is completely true, meanwhile you've pivoted into renaming "wvw" into "pvp". So I wouldn't say he started the debate about it here, but sure, totally wasn't you. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

All that post said is "one for pvp, one for wvw and one for pve", which is completely true, meanwhile you've pivoted into renaming "wvw" into "pvp". So I wouldn't say he started the debate about it here, but sure. 😄

Of course you wouldn't. That's because you agree with the 3-mode division.

It's like people hearing their own accent as "no accent".

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Because that's exactly what it is. As mentioned above: If you play wvw, you know it's more of a pvpve hybrid than what you claim it is.

I don't know why you're not even addressing what's written about it, but instead pivot into empty meaningless claims like you just did (in the few posts by now tbh).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

It's like people hearing their own accent as "no accent".

I mean the makers of the game denote and split things into these three , apparently arbitrary, categories. 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I mean the makers of the game denote and split things into these three , apparently arbitrary, categories. 

So no one is going to advocate for the fourth game mode: Adventures?

😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Funny enough, it's actually harder to find experienced players in T4 who don't already have a legendary armor.

14 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Looking forward to a long thread arguing about arbitrary "mode" definitions designed to bolster a given position on who and who should not get legendary armor.

Who... who will advocate for the most unsung of GW2 game modes: Adventures?

😄

Either way, since you don"t even fractal so your point for trolling?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Funny enough, it's actually harder to find experienced players in T4 who don't already have a legendary armor.

Either way, since you don"t even fractal so your point for trolling?

Well, this whole conversation has gone round so many times down so many long, winding threads, I thought I'd go for a little levity.

I'll bow out for now. My apologies for any ruffled feathers.

Peace to all. 

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

No. One for PvP, one for WvW and one for PvE. 

I will say it again but the PvE mode as you call it contains vast amounts of content compared to the very small competitive modes. So to count PvE as one game mode is just not realistic. Besides, most of the PvE'ers hate raiding so much they'd rather go to WvW than do raids.

So please just stop holding on to this horribly outdated argument. Let PvE have more legendary armor sets pleeeeaaase. I say this as a WvW'er.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

An open world version would be IMO better. Not like AFKing in wvw or playing conquest is any more effort than doing OW content. And after WoW I couldnt care less about raids and raiders. Or raiders moaning about the time they invested and how much more easy it is now to blah blah blah...

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10

I'd be down for legendary armor you could  get via fractals.  Maybe once they have 25 unique fractals and  add CMs to each of them we could have  that.

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Who... who will advocate for the most unsung GW2 game mode: Adventures?

😄

First place on all adventure leaderboards to get your legendary armor set seems like a fair requirement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I will say it again but the PvE mode as you call it contains vast amounts of content compared to the very small competitive modes. So to count PvE as one game mode is just not realistic. Besides, most of the PvE'ers hate raiding so much they'd rather go to WvW than do raids.

Whoever's "hate" for any part of pve doesn't make those parts of pve any less pve. Nothing unrealistic about calling pve modes pve.

20 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

So please just stop holding on to this horribly outdated argument. Let PvE have more legendary armor sets pleeeeaaase. I say this as a WvW'er.

Please stop holding on to an argument that something stops being x (in this case: pve) the moment someone dislikes it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2