Five-Person-Content Legendary Armor

30 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I say this as a WvW'er.

I play a lot of WvW myself, made two legendary armor sets in WvW. Still, I don’t see a reason to add another PvE legendary armor set. There is one and even the only one with a really unique skin. 

30 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Besides, most of the PvE'ers hate raiding so much they'd rather go to WvW than do raids.

I really don’t know what’s there to hate about raids, they are fun. Now with the emboldened mode they are even easier and there are so many raid training groups.
Why do open world always hate so many things? In every post they write about what they hate. It’s a game, you shouldn’t hate the content. 
And a legendary armor set in fractals? Most open world players don’t even do fractals. 
People want the reward? Then do what is required, just like everyone else. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I really don’t know what’s there to hate about raids, they are fun. Why do open world always hate so many things? In every post they write about what they hate. It’s a game, you shouldn’t hate the content. 

True, but not just that, a lot of them rather clearly keep claiming "they hate it", but in reality they never tried it in the first place. Plenty of people I've seen claimed they hate the content, but then they did it and now they suddenly like it. Not everyone, sure, but pretty clearly a big part of "I hate it and I won't do it!!".

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

True, but not just that, a lot of them rather clearly keep claiming "they hate it", but in reality they never tried it in the first place. Plenty of people I've seen claimed they hate the content, but then they did it and now they suddenly like it. Not everyone, sure, but pretty clearly a big part of "I hate it and I won't do it!!".

Yeah. I think it’s a forum myth that so many PvE players hate raids. Many are just not interested in raids and not interested in legendary armor. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I play a lot of WvW myself, made two legendary armor sets in WvW. Still, I don’t see a reason to add another PvE legendary armor set. There is one and even the only one with a really unique skin. 

You misunderstand my point entirely. I don't want PvE'rs afk'ing in WvW to get their legendary armor sets. It's bad for those PvE players and bad for WvW.

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I really don’t know what’s there to hate about raids, they are fun. Why do open world always hate so many things? In every post they write about what they hate. It’s a game, you shouldn’t hate the content. 
And a legendary armor set in fractals? Most open world players don’t even do fractals. 

Sigh, yeah you don't get it. People like different things. And you can like or dislike anything you want as a player. Some people just really don't want to get involved in structured group content. 

I'm advocating mostly for OW PvE armor sets mind you. But I have nothing against fractals giving legendaries if that helps other players. As long as they are not just given away. You do need to have to do something of equal value to get them

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

Just now, vares.8457 said:

Yeah. I think it’s a forum myth that so many PvE players hate raids. Many are just not interested in raids and not interested in legendary armor. 

Oh please, don't take "hate" so literally. Let's say they strongly dislike them or are not interested in them. Having said that, they prefer spending years in WvW rather than do raids.

So yeah...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

May i ask why are joining the WvW forums and you telling people to get the PvE armor , rather than demanding faster acquisition ?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/127858-please-increase-the-amount-of-skirmish-claim-tickets-and-memory-of-battle/?do=findComment&comment=1854740

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

Because I don’t see a reason to get the WvW armor faster. If you want your armor fast, go play raids. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sigh, yeah you don't get it. People like different things. And you can like or dislike anything you want as a player. Some people just really don't want to get involved in structured group content. 

And they don’t have to, but that doesn’t mean that they should get legendary armor then, does it? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, vares.8457 said:

And they don’t have to, but that doesn’t mean that they should get legendary armor then, does it? 

If they want to then they should go for it, but as it stands OW PvE'ers find their way to WvW because they dislike raids so much that they will afk months or years over spending time in raids.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Gehenna.3625 said:

If they want to then they should go for it, but as it stands OW PvE'ers find their way to WvW because they dislike raids so much that they will afk months or years over spending time in raids.

It’s just not true that every open world player just afk in WvW. Some do but many actually play the mode, they join zergs and do other useful stuff in WvW. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Oh please, don't take "hate" so literally. Let's say they strongly dislike them or are not interested in them. Having said that, they prefer spending years in WvW rather than do raids.

So yeah...

And they are free to make that choice, not sure how this is somehow an issue. "I don't want to play more of the game, but give me more rewards!"? Well... no, that's not how games work. Don't want to play either? Ok, you're still fine because of what that optional reward is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And they are free to make that choice, not sure how this is somehow an issue. "I don't want to play more of the game, but give me more rewards!"? Well... no, that's not how games work. Don't want to play either? Ok, you're still fine because of what that optional reward is.

We could combine the wish of the Poster (dungeons) with the new Black Lion Company that offer Weekly objectives .

Essentially those Objectives will drive players thought various contents , like Dungeons , Fractals , Strikes on rotation . Essentially like the new open map , where people are allowed to play twice the maps (with huge rewards) , people can play twice each content (random daily) and then move to another content (Raid , PvP , WvW) where they an still get the same currency . Essentially 1 hour 5-man instanced content then move to their beloved content

Edit: playing that 5-man instance content , boost the acquisition of the rewards(or unlocks another reward-Black Aurene Legendary/hidden WvW-track-box-something ) from other modes in the next 6hours

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

We could combine the wish of the Poster (dungeons) with the new Black Lion Company that offer Weekly objectives .

Essentially those Objectives will drive players thought various contents , like Dungeons , Fractals , Strikes on rotation . Essentially like the new open map , where people are allowed to play twice the maps (with huge rewards) , people can play twice each content (random daily) and then move to another content (Raid , PvP , WvW) where they an still get the same currency . Essentially 1 hour 5-man instanced content then move to their beloved content

Edit: playing that 5-man instance content , boost the acquisition of the rewards(or unlocks another reward-Black Aurene Legendary/hidden WvW-track-box-something ) from other modes in the next 6hours

Essentially you can play fractals to get legendary backpack, strikes+raids+some of the other pve required content for legendary armor or make your own "daily/weekly/whatever rotation of content" and keep playing all of the above +wvw+pvp and pick parts of armor from each of them. So if you want to go all over the place and still be rewarded for it, you basically already have that option. You don't need to keep getting the same currency, legendary armor pieces from differend modes work with each other all the same and then you can still reskin them however you want. So, frankly, I don't see you point here at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Essentially you can play fractals to get legendary backpack, strikes+raids+some of the other pve required content for legendary armor or make your own "daily/weekly/whatever rotation of content"

This is what i am trying to accomplice , but give it  goal .

Like imagine if the system tells you that if you do your daily instance content , then it gives you another purpose to move to another mode (WvW, Raid PvP)for the next 2-3 hours , then afterwards it will ask you if you want to try instance content again , or keep the same "buff" (metabolic primer) for another 3 hours .

In the same time you  unlock a Legendary Skin (raids will need to kill the bosses) + rotate them in various modes + get a Void Weapon

(that will go extinct (wait till the other expansion , or keep racking the currency for the next 3 expansions) if you didn't manage to get in 8 months period)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

These posts are getting tiresome and ridiculous. So far in the past few days on here I have seen:

1. Raid armour is too hard to get

2. Spirit shards are too hard to get

3. Aurene legendaries are too hard to get

4. Skyscale is too hard to get

5. EoD map completion is too hard to get

6. I'm sure I've missed a few

THIS IS A GAME. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE SOME SORT OF GOAL/SLIGHT FRICTION TO AQUIRING STUFF. If you get everything with almost no effort instantly, it's not a game, it's just a checklist you fill out. You must have no idea how easy mode this game is already. All of the previously mentioned points are not that hard if you just play the game. There is 10 years of content to play through and you want it all now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Woof.8246 said:

That will be improved

Not really, you can play multiple modes and get parts of legendary gear from each of them, they work together just as well. Literally as described in my initial response to you about it:

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Essentially you can play fractals to get legendary backpack, strikes+raids+some of the other pve required content for legendary armor or make your own "daily/weekly/whatever rotation of content" and keep playing all of the above +wvw+pvp and pick parts of armor from each of them. So if you want to go all over the place and still be rewarded for it, you basically already have that option. You don't need to keep getting the same currency, legendary armor pieces from differend modes work with each other all the same and then you can still reskin them however you want. So, frankly, I don't see you point here at all.

Is there any part of this post you don't understand and need re-explained?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1