Condi Mirage (staff) question....

Joxer.6024

Ok, so I am liking the condi Mirage open world build for doing metas, story, all that fun stuff. The build just annihilates. But, if i was to want to step into some raids (have done w 1-4,then left game) with a few changes to my gear can I still run on staff or would I be "asked" to go support?  I ask this of those that find themselves doing raids and making groups and such. Support and me just dont seem to mix as I place to much value on the fact that if as support and I go down, the group is now missing said support, whereas one less dps usually isnt a deal breaker.

So would hate to always get asked, told, whatever to step into a role i dont want. Do people take a stand and say, Nope, Im dps with the risk of a kick or has things lessened a bit in that regards. Before i left the game was pretty much play this or get out. Is that still happening?

The same applies to condi ren...I love the class but so many times have been asked "are you alac"? when I clearly joined when they asked for dps. Seems like the only class that doesnt happen on is Scourge, but then not many want a Scourge for some reason.

Anyways...cheers!

(Oh snap!! I just saw Hizens condi vindi....wtf???!!  Ok, might have to give that a looky)

Edited by Joxer.6024

14 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

You can absolutely play staff/staff mirage, but people will expect you to have 100% alac uptime. So you would join as the alac offensive support. If you want to play pure dps they will probably ask you to play Virtuoso.

ah,kk. cheers for that, good to know!!