Mechanist trade skills

BriggsTM.5701

Hey guys, I recently came back to the game after a period away. I started an engineer with the hopes of playing P/P condition damage mechanist. I was just curious if there were specific trade skills I should do. I’ve never really gotten into doing trade skills so I’m really unsure if there is a best, or even better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance! 

By Trade I assume you mean crafting? If this is your only crafter, then medium armor (leatherworker) and whichever does pistols and rifles, huntsman I think.

You can also add via a gemstore item, if you want to add something like chef for food and/or jeweler for trinkets. Or use another character for those. You can even learn all crafts on one character, but only have 2 active and pay a fee to swap them out when you need to.

19 hours ago, BriggsTM.5701 said:

Hey guys, I recently came back to the game after a period away. I started an engineer with the hopes of playing P/P condition damage mechanist. I was just curious if there were specific trade skills I should do. I’ve never really gotten into doing trade skills so I’m really unsure if there is a best, or even better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance! 

I'm not a native English speaker. Your post does not read like you are looking for a crafting profession. You are looking for the recommended TRAIT skills. This is rather easy with the Mechanist, because the developers paired the skills as follows:
1-1-1 = condition damage
2-2-2 = support
3-3-3 = power damage

So if you want to play pistol/pistol Mechanist with a focus on condition-damage, you go for 1-1-1:
- Mech Arms: Single-Edge Cutters
- Mech Frame: Conductive Alloys
- Mech Core: Jade Dynamo

What ever you pick for skills, make sure to have the Shift Signet on your skill-bar (utility). It is the most powerful signet in the game at the moment and grants:
- stunbreak
- condition-cleanse
- shadowstep (you and your pet)
- passive: copy all of your boons to your pet

Note: If you Signet skills often, it can be better to use 1-1-3 with Mech Core: J-Drive. If you do that, the passive effect will be permanent. Even if the Signet was used and is on cooldown. This works for all Signets.

Have fun playing Mechanist!