sPVP Support Mechanist - viable?

Sundoor.5630

not going to say it wont work however it is way too much of a pain for the result you get.

Sure it has some good cleanse and boon support however the boon originate from the mech and unlike NPC going in a straight and predictable line, you have to deal with a lot of movement back and forth. If you're doing support Mechanist I assume you will be running a melee arm option which is the worse option for PvP because of the poor range of the weapon and the GW2 pet AI.

Mechanist is too garbage for PvP content, that's just how AI based spec is going to be.

It has major issues in PvP

1. No boon Duration

2. Huge PvP specific nerfs to its boon output

3. Doesn't heal enough to prevent spike damage. 

4. Mech is suseptible to CC and Crisis Zone doesn't stunbreak the mech. 

You can do it, but Support Mech just doesn't offer as much to a team as a Tempest or a Guardian. It worked decently before the constant nerfs it got, but now it's too much effort for little return. 

On 3/9/2023 at 10:48 PM, Sundoor.5630 said:

On paper it looks like as if it could work, lots of heal skills, boon dispenser bot and elixir gun with lots of synergies.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAk6lNwcZesWWJe6SrRVA-z5YXGZmAVXAGNAA

Is it viable or I'm going to get hate? (rhetoric question, mechs get hate by default no matter what you do :D)

Support mechanist is viable but you are doing it in a way that is not going to be effective, you are never going to get anwhere with no self healing capability.

The way I do it is more along these lines:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAk6lZwWYusWWJeqS7RVA-z5YfGVrAyYCIiBA

consistant protection and cleansing makes you and every ally around you resistant to both strike and conditions while you are also generating barrier and regeneration for everyone around you and with that condition damage, the confusion can cause quite a bit of damage to enemies which can slow down their offensive even further it even has alot of projectile hate as well as multiple ways to cc.

Mechanist is more of a support tank than a support healer.

I have found this build to be as effective as many guardian and elementalists because it actually has tools to shut down part of their support by spamming confusion on them and if there is one thing those spammy supports hate, it's taking damage when they are trying to heal spam.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:28 PM, Stalima.5490 said:

Support mechanist is viable but you are doing it in a way that is not going to be effective, you are never going to get anwhere with no self healing capability.

The way I do it is more along these lines:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAk6lZwWYusWWJeqS7RVA-z5YfGVrAyYCIiBA

Thank you for the suggestion, I've played this build almost exclusively in the past 2 weeks. It is pretty good at gold2 level. In fact I've grown to prefer it over Condition mech due to the sheer prevalence of r*pist professions in the current meta (the ones that get in your face and you cant remove them eg. Spellbreaker). Power mechanist is dead in pvp, so this is a very decent build

Edited by Sundoor.5630
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sundoor.5630 said:

Thank you for the suggestion, I've played this build almost exclusively in the past 2 weeks. It is pretty good at gold2 level. In fact I've grown to prefer it over Condition mech due to the sheer prevalence of r*pist professions in the current meta (the ones that get in your face and you cant remove them eg. Spellbreaker). Power mechanist is dead in pvp, so this is a very decent build

I'm glad to see you're enjoying it, it's a build that served me well, even into the platinum tier.

• Like 1