Hope Devs can drop some more hints on the progress for that 15 vs 15 PvP mode

been a while, but I was hoping the devs could drop more hints on the progress of the larger group SPvP mode after working on the larger group UI issue. 

With the information on the new expansion model, I am curious about if the progression of this new SPvP mode would be something they would do with the expansions of independent of the expansions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

without wvw gear 15v15 would be unplayable, and ppl who normally play wvw wouldn't play it either

I disagree. SPvP gear stats are good enough. Most likely the 15 vs 15 would be objective based gameplay and not just a team death match. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I actually think we need a smaller game mode to more distribute match quality in ranked so plats aren't eating the same losses as silvers. It would better narrow down varying skill levels if conquest as example, was turned to 3v3.

With so much mobility creep, 3v3 might actually be better in conquest at this point for several reasons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I actually think we need a smaller game mode to more distribute match quality in ranked so plats aren't eating the same losses as silvers. It would better narrow down varying skill levels if conquest as example, was turned to 3v3.

With so much mobility creep, 3v3 might actually be better in conquest at this point for several reasons.

smaller SPvP is even less balanced and a nightmare to keep fair and balance. 2v2 was worse than the current 5v5 in terms of balance.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:46 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

I wouldn't mind the devs dropping some hints. Like, just post about ANYTHING in the pvp subforum that belongs here.

Well Ben P did do stuff, got promoted no one took his place for pvp, got burned out with EOD and left. It seems that around the time he got whisked away to EOD the PVP got its development suspended and it seems that around that time people really started leaving, like most of the good stuff about the game is dev personal projects and when they leave no one works on it, its like the Jumping puzzles the guy got laid off and no one is bothering with it.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I disagree. SPvP gear stats are good enough. Most likely the 15 vs 15 would be objective based gameplay and not just a team death match. 

ok if that 15 ppl would be split up then the battles would be better, the problem is most ppl who are interested in 15v15 want that big team battle.

14 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

thats interesting i haven't heard that line of thinking before, smaller teams for smaller populations.

2 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

thats interesting i haven't heard that line of thinking before, smaller teams for smaller populations.

Yeah, I just wish people would stop and think about this stuff before dismissing it out of habit.

Like logically imagine this dynamic:

1. Mobility creep is so high now that there will be no problems getting around to the 3 nodes with 3 players, but with 4 players missing, 2 gone on each team, the dedication in rotational time to a node will once again be "more important" like it was 4 or 5 years ago. So rather than having 10 guys all over the place in a map with mobility creep like we have now, the action will be paced a bit more but when it happens those outcomes will be detrimental again, like when you'd lose a side node 4 or 5 years ago because there won't be a flood of guys to rotate there immediately to save it. Also old job roles would come back into play and the game wouldn't be so zergy and team fight outcome based like it is now. With 5v5 in massive mobility creep, it just becomes more important to always outman and win bigger team fights to create snowball for fast full map decap/full caps. Trying to like side node more than often just gets yourself +'d in a hurry due to excessive mobility creep. But with 3v3, there would again be very real differences between Support, Team Fighter, Roamer, Side Node Duelist.
  2. Imagine logical team comps for this 3v3 conquest: RED does a support base with a Tempest and they want to attempt to focus their strength on 2 node holds, so they bring a Harbinger with wurm and something else relatively fast like a Willbender. None of these classes are side node duelists but they are fast to be able to rotate to each other and are very strong when grouped. BLUE does the opposite and tries to run a triple node play team with 2x side node duelists and 1x roamer. They chose to bring a Spellbreaker, a Virtuoso, and a DP Daredevil to rotate and + and decap. With less people to flood nodes with excessive mobility creep, not everyone can just be a hybrid team fighter/roamer/side noder anymore. The roles become more narrow again depending on small class advantanges and the dynamic of the game mode becomes identifiable again. And like I said, with only 3 people to a team, if one person messes up and gets himself killed, that's a detrimental momentum shift as it should be. <- This is also less room for getting those games where somehow you're winning 1v3s and not dying and your team is STILL losing the other 2 nodes you're not at because there are just that many people in a map to stand on nodes to decap them. TLDR in other words, the less people there are in a map, the more your personal contribution matters and the bigger a difference it makes. This is what I meant when I said it would serve to once again better distinguish player skill levels.
  3. Overall with 3 nodes and only 3 people in a map, People have to really think about their rotations. Trying to stay zergy will no longer be advantageous like it is now in 5v5 mobility creep. With only 3 people zerging it would be easy to rotate around them again. Zergy team fighting would be something you only want to bank on when it is required or convenient to do, like it was 4 or 5 years ago. It is every bit advantageous with only 3v3 to AT LEAST have 1 guy always trying to push a 2nd node to full cap it, or push that 3rd node for at least a decap to neutralize the opponent's progression. There would inevitably be a lot of 1v1 engagements that would happen in 3v3. Knowing when to rotate and who to go assist would once again become a finer skill set. A simple error on a person's part in 3v3 would open larger penalties for bad rotations. As it is in 5v5 with mobility creep now, there are just too many people random rotating with too much mobility for there to be enough punishment of bad rotations to ever really teach new players.
  4. This would also open doors for more viability for weird build structures because with only 3v3 and a bit of alleviated pressure, there would actually be time to move around and do something with a build like a PD Thief again.

I really really really wish Arenanet would give this a go with a 2 week beta season. Regardless of how people comment to this in the forum, I think people would be surprised at how well this would play out with the game's current patching.

You know what, maybe I'll organize a test run of it myself and record it. See how it goes and how people like it compared to 5v5 conquest.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

or they could try to update edge of the mist.

Dude I'd really just like to see that map put into normal wvw at this point.

Just remove 1 of the alpine borderlands and put in edge of mists with all the normal functionalities of normal wvw.

Edge of the mists was an excellently fun map design. It is currently being completely wasted sitting as some intended "baby mode wvw training with bad rewards".

Man people would play the **** out of that map if it was in normal wvw.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

ok if that 15 ppl would be split up then the battles would be better, the problem is most ppl who are interested in 15v15 want that big team battle.

thats not true. Most people interested in 15 vs 15 wanted more Battlegroundish design since the original vanilla game was released and the developers refused to move from their Eport 5 v 5 model that died.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

thats not true. Most people interested in 15 vs 15 wanted more Battlegroundish design since the original vanilla game was released and the developers refused to move from their Eport 5 v 5 model that died.

what do you mean by battle groundish?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Dude I'd really just like to see that map put into normal wvw at this point.

Just remove 1 of the alpine borderlands and put in edge of mists with all the normal functionalities of normal wvw.

Edge of the mists was an excellently fun map design. It is currently being completely wasted sitting as some intended "baby mode wvw training with bad rewards".

Man people would play the **** out of that map if it was in normal wvw.

EotM just needs pips again. People would play it again if it had pips.

• Like 1

So I live in the seattle area where ANET is and work in the programming field and apparently they are hiring people for a new title.  Generally when that happens it means that they have given up on the previous one because the majority of companies can't afford to split their finances 50/50 like that.  I would not expect to many new things in this game.  

• Thanks 1