Scrapper is busted

noneHotBuildTest.7251

Arena Net have a bias for scrapper to keep buff it.  DPS scrapper just dealing insane amounts of damage from stealth in pvp/wvw. they seem to have a lot of sustain and mobility aswell. 

Support Scrapper is just a better version of Firebrand in groups in wvw, It provides sustained healing ,perma stability, and extreme resurrecting ability with 25 might!

I think it is time to nerf scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

29 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

I think it is time to nerf scrapper.

Are you out of your mind! ANY engineer spec can one shot with grenades if that's what u are thinking. I am a scrapper main and i have tested that buid too but man-O-man, if anyone touches me, i am DEAD.

btw scrapper was already nerfed....NERFED ALOT and fyi, scrapper needs DMG buff on her hammer skills.

Here is that one shot build: [&DQMGORUqKy3ZEgAAhgAAACcTAACuEgAAgxIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Do me a favor and play with this build for few matches and tell us how it went.

8 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Are you out of your mind! ANY engineer spec can one shot with grenades if that's what u are thinking. I am a scrapper main and i have tested that buid too but man-O-man, if anyone touches me, i am DEAD.

btw scrapper was already nerfed....NERFED ALOT and fyi, scrapper needs DMG buff on her hammer skills.

Here is that one shot build: [&DQMGORUqKy3ZEgAAhgAAACcTAACuEgAAgxIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Do me a favor and play with this build for few matches and tell us how it went.

No matter how squishy a build may be, excessive amounts of damage from literal invisibility should not exist.

But from what I can tell, this case mostly is an issue with Grenades and Stealth. These could be adjusted without majorly harming Scrapper.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

No matter how squishy a build may be, excessive amounts of damage from literal invisibility should not exist.

But from what I can tell, this case mostly is an issue with Grenades and Stealth. These could be adjusted without majorly harming Scrapper.

I am afraid it's a ship that sailed at beta.

And genuine question here to those who are in the loop about "harming scrapper". Outside of sheenanigans such as 100nades (old as the pavement as it is) what is there left to harm on scrapper in competitive modes that hasn't been nerfed five times over? 

And stealth or grenades is a core feature for engineer.

And on the subject i take someone leading with stealth + burst on a cooldown over constant restealthing any day of the week. There is a reason i often roam with lock on.

Edited by miriforst.1290
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

https://i.postimg.cc/85G2qq3S/image.png

what do you mean SHOULD NOT exsit. the cooldown on stealth is 60sec and gives 9sec stealth. 

Why are you not saying anything about thiefs one shot? mesmer's one shot? Dragon hunter putting traps under you from stealth and one shotting u.... Ranger one shot....Reaper's crazy out bursts....

but this dude comes here to complain about the build with 0 sustain and if engi miss it, that's it... that's everything she got.

If scrapper's stealth was like 20sec CD or 30sec with long stealth duration then i would myself make a post about nerfing it but not this. it's @noneHotBuildTest.7251 own fault for not playing correctly and not being aware of the possibility. This post shouldn't even exist and i mean it. 

On top of 60sec CD on stealth, that "one shot" grenade skill has 25sec CD. Just get good at PVP @noneHotBuildTest.7251

fyi, i am 100% sure u can detect engi on mini-map so just try to keep eye on her position.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, August.5934 said:

what do you mean SHOULD NOT exsit. the cooldown on stealth is 60sec and gives 9sec stealth. 

Why are you not saying anything about thiefs one shot? mesmer's one shot? Dragon hunter putting traps under you from stealth and one shotting u.... Ranger one shot....Reaper's crazy out bursts....

but this dude comes here to complain about the build with 0 sustain and if engi miss it, that's it... that's everything she got.

If scrapper's stealth was like 20sec CD or 30sec with long stealth duration then i would myself make a post about nerfing it but not this. it's @noneHotBuildTest.7251 own fault for not playing correctly and not being aware of the possibility. This post shouldn't even exist and i mean it. 

On top of 60sec CD on stealth, that "one shot" grenade skill has 25sec CD. Just get good at PVP @noneHotBuildTest.7251

fyi, i am 100% sure u can detect engi on mini-map so just try to keep eye on her position.

It's actually just 3 secs of stealth in wvw for gyro lol..

• Haha 1

Scrapper is in a great position in PvP/WvW it neither needs a buff or nerf (stealth gyro probably the only valid thing that needs a buff). 

It was once the king of support and you were actively mocked if you brought something like a Druid to a static Zerg but that is no longer the case. The Quickness nerf to Scrapper has left it in a conformable position as a front line DPS/Healer. 

1 hour ago, hanabal lecter.2495 said:

It's actually just 3 secs of stealth in wvw for gyro lol..

I KNOW RIGHT!!! just 3secs and Anet also removed the combo field: smoke from it. We had nothing be nerfs on nerfs. I just want Anet to increase Hammer skill's damage in PVE & abit in PVP.  Our Defensive Field became ground target skill too.

Cause onlike holosmith which gets big burst and weapon switch and on demand shield. Scrapper is just all hammer. I actually want Anet to increase Electro-Whirl's damage by 65% in PVP if they could [3100 -> 5000]. I hate using grenades cause it feels super clunky and other engineer kit's damage is pathetic / trash... the whole scrapper's kit almost has no stun-break and no to break through from immobolization.

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This is getting old... Sahne, come pick up your son please. 

I know but it's cause of this kind of topics that we get nonsense nerfs to out kit and get more abusers on PVP field. Enough to catch Anet's attentions for the kit to get butchered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, August.5934 said:

I've advocated for significant nerfs to Stealth and Stealth-related things in the past, no matter which professions. I've advocated for the removal of Stealth from Trapper Runes. I've complained a lot about the excessive amounts of Stealth that Thief and Mesmer use.

That aside, the very part of my post that you quoted is a general opinion, not exclusively tied to any specific profession.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would happily give scrapper hammer buffs and holo forge buffs if grenades couldn’t be thrown behind you. Hammer and forge are fun to fight against. Chasing an engi with superspeed throwing nades over his shoulder is not. 

I don’t thin engi burst is op, but I do think it shreds new and bad players. Maybe some damage modifiers could be traded for sustain for the sake of lower tiers. I think we can all agree that the scrapper build does have an absurd amount of modifiers. Even if that’s not broken at higher tiers, it definitely is at lower tiers. I would love to see a scrapper build that does better at higher tiers and doesn’t cheese the lower ones.