Guardian Healing

Anjohl.3649

I am working on a guardian core build and am really enjoying it. (Honor > Zeal > Valor) I am also currently running scepter/focus and sword/shield. Open world has been pretty easy so far. I know the hard part remains later in game as I am currently at level 68.

All that said, I am not currently looking for just a meta build. I want to experiment and am more interested in the actual game, self-sustainment etc. My question is is around armor and runes. I have several skills where I get ransom healing and my sigils steal health on hit. If one uses armor that has plus to healing, does that apply to those sorts of things as well? Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, Anjohl.3649 said:

I am working on a guardian core build and am really enjoying it. (Honor > Zeal > Valor) I am also currently running scepter/focus and sword/shield. Open world has been pretty easy so far. I know the hard part remains later in game as I am currently at level 68.

All that said, I am not currently looking for just a meta build. I want to experiment and am more interested in the actual game, self-sustainment etc. My question is is around armor and runes. I have several skills where I get ransom healing and my sigils steal health on hit. If one uses armor that has plus to healing, does that apply to those sorts of things as well? Thanks! 

Yes, each healing skill and effect in the game has a Healing Power coefficient that determines how much of that stat affects the heal. In general, life steal, pulsing heals, and heal on proc effects have very low coefficients, so they scale poorly with the stat. It's generally not worth chasing. Heals that usually make good use of the stat, are final pulse heals, like the end of the Empower skill, activating the heal signets, and the Honor trait that heals on dodge.

Also as a general rule, unless you can capitalize on these types of healing skills often or make an entire build around healing/support, it's not worth it to use healing gear. Offensive stats are usually better, especially for guardians who have a lot of the smaller pulse heals and defensive utility skills that go a much longer way for sustaining yourself. If you have trouble staying alive, toughness and vitality will serve you better. Mix a few of those pieces in.

When you get to 80, you'll define a build and pick stats that maximize the traits you pick. Maybe even try out an elite spec if you have expansions.

EDIT: The GW2 Wiki has the healing formula and coefficients for each healing effect and skill in the game. It's a good reference.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261