"Shots Fired" is broken

Most infuriating thing in the new patch for sure, gonna leave again cause of this garbage man.  Perfectly good day and then classic anet broken crap.  I hit over half a dozen of the kitten mechs and got zero progress.  What's even the point of all this man

• Haha 1

the event needed for this achievement just doesn't spawn for me. I'm sitting at a camp, waiting for it to start from the very beginning, not leaving for even a sec while the rest of the players run around and do other events till meta but... no event after all 
so it's literally impossible to do this achi
either my RNG is so bad or the players are SO PRO at doing the meta that they finish the map faster than the RNG even has a chance to roll for it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Glaswen.7926 said:

the event needed for this achievement just doesn't spawn for me. I'm sitting at a camp, waiting for it to start from the very beginning, not leaving for even a sec while the rest of the players run around and do other events till meta but... no event after all

The event basically only occurs once, shortly after the base is captured. It would always occur roughly after I completed a few nearby events to raise the level, so maybe 10 minutes.

9 hours ago, Glaswen.7926 said:

so it's literally impossible to do this achi
either my RNG is so bad or the players are SO PRO at doing the meta that they finish the map faster than the RNG even has a chance to roll for it.

I've had this trouble too. Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of waiting around/trying to push events? Because maybe that helps? It's extremely unclear, but doing other events and waypointing back constantly trying not to miss it.

And after all that, usually I don't see it at all but when I do, it doesn't count.  I hit all the mechs I can and get no progress after they've all died

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 8:55 PM, Healix.5819 said:

Only the snipers count, and you have to use the rifle for the event to kill them.

Yes, that is correct.  The last time I tried, I tagged 6 of the sniper mechs with the event rifle and got zero credit.  I did score several killing blows if it turns out you have to be the one to *finish* them, and we are all fighting each other because we can't share credit like everything else in this game.  I killed some alone (very hard because they one shot you quickly) and it still didnt count