Just had a Rev downing me as 21k no toughness in exactly two melee hits.

Nabbut.7480

No Toughness? You kinda asked for it.

What you've just experienced is the magical 25 Might 25 Vuln special, served cold.

To break it down, Revenants have much, much more damage scaling from Vuln stacks, turning that 25% bonus damage to 38% bonus damage thanks to Devastation traitline. Combine that with Damage increase traits and 25 Might, a 20k HP 1 shot isn't all that weird.

There are only few builds in the whole game that can do this, and only few skills that can do this, and only provided the stars aligned just right and they hit you with a good crit in a good time where you have absolutely no DR, and rocking 25 Vuln stacks. PvP is a 2 hands to clap kinda deal, you should be very careful not to overexpose yourself to anything if you are running glass like that. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

What sort of kittenry was that?

Did u check in log which skills were that? I don't think u could be downed with just 2 skills even on more glassy builds. U prolly got speared in-between sword 2 and 3. U should dodge when big red guy throws spear at you, also dodge when any rev ports on u since he has unlockable buff after port 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

Did u check in log which skills were that? I don't think u could be downed with just 2 skills even on more glassy builds. U prolly got speared in-between sword 2 and 3. U should dodge when big red guy throws spear at you, also dodge when any rev ports on u since he has unlockable buff after port 

It's not Sword 2 or 3, it's most likely just Sword 5, Death Strike, which is capable of hitting up to 9k easily without Might at all. Between Spear and Death Strike both landing without defenses, it's almost certain to delete someone with 21k HP no Toughness. 

If it's not Sword at all, Greatsword's True Strike does immense damage when you block max attacks and counter attack with it. I totally hit 9k~ with it before easily. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

It's not Sword 2 or 3

based on what they say it was 2 or at least little amount of hits, spear into gs2 and 3 looks like it. but we cannot be certain untill they check logs. anyways, if they were in fact interested how to avoid initial burst, its just to dodge when rev ports in them. 

besides spear crits i saw on mara vindi were around 7k with some might, gs2 around 4-5k. gs block crits were around 14-15k before nerf, but that i would not clasify as fast burst as u need to block 5 attacks for that to happen.

• Thanks 1