Massive Optimization Issues Following Gyala Delves Patch.

Following A LENGTHY back-and-forth with the Support Team VIA a ticket. 

I'm Making this Thread so People who have similar issues can Sound out and Maybe get something Done about it. 

I know it's not just me , I know it's Not my PC , I know it's not my Internet. 

The Game has been Running Worse since the Gyala Delves Patch. 

For me, it's a Huge memory Leak in the game. Shutting the game off Brings RAM usage to Normal levels again, And the issue only appears when playing Gw2. 

For other people, I've heard anything from Graphics issues, to hard client crashes. 

During My back-and-forth We checked everything. Files cleared, Caches cleared , Reinstall, Checking pretty much every part ON my PC , Checking My connection, Firewall settings , Registry , and More. 

So , as I'm putting this in the correct Place now 

It's an Issue with The Game. 

If you have similar experiences or issues following the Gyala Delves Patch release, Be sure to get all your ducks in a row first, and then Sound off here. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

massive memory leak here. after shutting down the game windows stutters for about 20 seconds and then comes right

friend of mine is having problems where the game is crashing (unable to load some asset in some random hidden file) and hard resetting his pc, this didnt happen before the patch

9 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

massive memory leak here. after shutting down the game windows stutters for about 20 seconds and then comes right

friend of mine is having problems where the game is crashing (unable to load some asset in some random hidden file) and hard resetting his pc, this didnt happen before the patch

I've seen this hardcrash before a few times, too . Related to some " Lightning " particle effect. 

It only happens when I'm on Revenant so I presume it's ACTUALLY referring to the Revenant Dodge particles. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

I got my ducks in a row with the support team 

Of Which , You're not. 

I don't have to Provide you with anything. Because I cleared it with them. 

Clutter someone else's Thread 

Good to hear you're getting help from Support, but sad to hear you're unwilling to share details for the benefit of readers here who are also having issues.

No one said it wasn't a game issue.  Lowering the graphics settings for the DX11 renderer by using "auto-detect" and limiting the frame rate seems to have fixed the high memory usage and stuttering for a lot of others until the assets that are triggering the issue on their systems get resolved.  Thanks to those who shared that information.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Good to hear you're getting help from Support, but sad to hear you're unwilling to share details for the benefit of readers here who are also having issues.

No one said it wasn't a game issue.  Lowering the graphics settings for the DX11 renderer by using "auto-detect" and limiting the frame rate seems to have fixed the high memory usage and stuttering for a lot of others until the assets that are triggering the issue on their systems get resolved.  Thanks to those who shared that information.

It's.. Because I don't feel like the details of my system mean anything if it's a game issue. 

My PC parts / Specs / settings won't help anyone here, especially not since I doubt many people are using parts this old nowadays anyway . And on the off chance someone does have the /exact/ setup I do .. the issue is still in the game, and not the Pc / it's files. 

I even run my graphics on /Lower/ settings than is recommended. So the fact that it's still eating way too much Memory compared to Pre-Gyala Delves patch is a fairly massive Red Flag. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

To be fair I did say that it was  not a game issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this up in the hopes that Anet will Soon address the Issue, or at least provide any means of " hey we're working on that thing we agreed is a problem" . 

Mentioning it in game gets 1 of 2 Responses : 

" Yeah I noticed it's been really bad lately " 

or 

" I Don't see any problems yet, What's Your PC build? " ( As if that wasn't already Checked into Oblivion and back.) 

And that's Kinda how it goes on these forums as well . 

Last Night I saw the Highest Memory usage I've Ever seen in GW2. Compared to an Even More crowded area Pre Gyala-delves patch.. memory usage was 20% Higher. Anyone pretending that there's No memory leak at this point either never Checks their Task manager / Resource Monitor , Or is straight-up lying. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

The recent few patches haven’t seemed to fix the issue of memory leak and hard crashing.

my specs are i5-13600k, 32gb ddr5-5600, rtx 380ti, z790, blah blah…. ANet giving radio silence on the issue, and support giving people the standard “windows 11 isn’t supported” etc does nothing to help with the issues.

GW2 ran perfectly on my PC until the content patch (delves), and now I’m lucky if I don’t get a crash every hour or so.  Before the usual “check pay, gpu” etc, this is the only game that has any issues on the pc.  With the e-cores on or off it makes no difference.   The only “fix” I ja e found so far is limiting cpu speed to 4.5ghz. At default it is crashes as usual. Compatibility mode, run as admin, none of it fixes the issue.  

its 2023, ANet (a “professional” company) should be able to keep up with the times and support modern pcs and operating systems.

Edited by xDumplinx.7983
Few spelling mistakes
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

The only “fix” I ja e found so far is limiting cpu speed to 4.5ghz. At default it is crashes as usual.

8 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

i5-13600k

What do you mean by "default"?   Do you have all the overclocking stuff in the BIOS set to "auto" and are calling it "default"?  I'm not as familiar with the Intels as with the Ryzens.  According to Intel's spec sheet, that CPU shows anything above 3.5 GHz is done using Intel's Turbo Boost technology.  On my Ryzen system, if I have the RAM speeds set to auto or "default", the system can become unstable so I manually set it.  If "limiting" the CPU to 4.5 GHz is avoiding a crash, that indicates that your system is becoming unstable because of the overclock the "default" Turbo Boost is doing.  GW2 has always been a CPU-intensive game so it makes sense that Turbo Boost is trying to overclock the core that is running GW2.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/230493/intel-core-i513600k-processor-24m-cache-up-to-5-10-ghz.html

Have you tested the stability of your system with Turbo Boost at the CPU's max 5.1 Ghz speed on other single-thread applications?  Your CPU won't normally get boosted up to that speed if the Turbo Boost doesn't feel it's necessary.  You would need an actual testing application to push it.