Chances of Revenant using dagger at some point?

Ulysses.2058

1 hour ago, Polar.8634 said:

I don't mind any weapon with good utility, it would benefit both damage and support builds, just not something which benefits only one build, like GS or god forbid hammer. I know Anet cannot balance rev for ages, it is not a reason to stop demanding it. As for now i play these rev builds for years, they never change, they don't have flexibility in traits or in weapons. New quick herald appeared from the most recent, 1 different trait from DPS herald, same gear just bit more concentration, and gameplay of it even more braindead. Ofc i play other classes for difference, still want rev to get some more options 

That trait change is significant, though, since it completely changes how you want to use your facets. The quickness availability has also made heal herald into a thing, when in the PvE context support rev had been largely dead since the Kalla elite was nerfed.

Greatsword is possibly a bit more versatile than you think, since it has multiple applications of chill that can proc Abyssal Chill, although that's probably more appropriate for hybrid setups like viper or celestial rather than something that is all condi like trailblazer.

I agree that ArenaNet shouldn't give up on trying to find a sweet spot for support rev in sPvP, but I think the history does need to be considered. Adding another support weapon option isn't going to solve support rev's issues in competitive. Making core, herald, and vindicator condition builds less dependent on mace alone, though, would make a big difference.

2 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

That trait change is significant,

Still just one trait, no flexibility no choices as i said, because of that u just spam buttons dumb gameplay

3 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Greatsword is possibly a bit more versatile than you think

I know cele vindi works in open world, it's not the only game mode i play, GS condi output is a joke it is power weapon, it is not a condi weapon when it does like 1 chill stack, people take mace/axe and staff for breakbar. It can be bunker in pvp, then sword is not taken because it is hybrid, coz it is not, it is taken for mobility and block .

What i said is simple nothing to add to it, new weapon, if to choose only one, should add utility which most builds could use 

15 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Adding another support weapon option

I did not say it should be pure support weapon why u write much text about it in answer.

15 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

Still just one trait, no flexibility no choices as i said, because of that u just spam buttons dumb gameplay

Except that's the very difference the trait makes. Forceful Persistence encourages you to maintain your upkeep skills instead of immediately consuming them. Particularly Nature, which pure power herald wants to keep running through the Shiro phase of the rotation, so you should be swapping out Core Value as well.

A lot of quickdps and alacdps builds are only a couple of traits and skills away from the pure dps equivalent. Herald actually has a more significant gameplay distinction. If anything, quickdps herald plays more like quickheal herald, despite quickheal herald having an entirely different core traitline and legend.

I know cele vindi works in open world, it's not the only game mode i play, GS condi output is a joke it is power weapon, it is not a condi weapon when it does like 1 chill stack, people take mace/axe and staff for breakbar. It can be bunker in pvp, then sword is not taken because it is hybrid, coz it is not, it is taken for mobility and block .

Oh, hey, you adjust your build according to what you're facing. If you need to destroy breakbars, staff is very good at that. But on a condi build even more than a power build, you just want to break that bar and switch back as soon as possible. If you don't need that much CC, if offhand axe and CtA is enough, what then? Unless you're playing renegade, you either make do with sword or greatsword, or you resign yourself to having mace on both swaps.

Which is why I think a second condi weapon is far more suitable than a second support weapon. Support builds generally don't WANT pure support on both sets. Healbrands that run mace generally aren't doing it because it offers more healing than axe, they're doing it because they want the block. Heal tempests don't generally stay in water permanently (especially HAT). I don't see druids complaining about not having a mainhand support weapon to pair with warhorn. There's a point at which blocks, mobility, offensive boons from an otherwise damage-oriented weapon, or just simply having a bit of extra personal DPS is more valuable than piling on even more traditional support.

What i said is simple nothing to add to it, new weapon, if to choose only one, should add utility which most builds could use 

I did not say it should be pure support weapon why u write much text about it in answer.

Because I'm responding to your claims, and because you at least seemed to be indicating that second support weapon was important, when I think that 1) it really isn't and 2) second condi weapon, preferably ranged, is far more critical.

And something that's a ranged condi weapon that also has support functionality seems like the sort of thing that would be too overloaded to be actually good at any of them, especially if it's a mainhand weapon. In any 'pick any two' scenario, I'd drop support in exchange for ranged condi in a nanosecond.