Launcher creates black box for several minutes, then fails to log in through Steam.

Been having this problem since yesterday. I open the client to launch the game, and instead of going into the launcher it creates a black box on the desktop. After a few minutes the black box goes away and the regular launcher appears, but if fails to long in through Steam and a "The code you entered is invalid" box pops up. Please help me fix this, I have over 1,000 hours in the game and I don't want to lose all that progress! I'm trying to repair the game client right now according to these instructions ( https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client ) But it's taking a really long time and seems to be stuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I FOUND A FIX! Go to your gw2.exe in wherever you installed the game, create a shortcut to it, right click the shortcut and select Properties, and in the Target field at the end add -provider Steam -usecoherent . Specifically in that order. This will launch the game using the old web framework instead of the new Chromium one, which seems to be the source of the issue.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I FOUND A FIX! Go to your gw2.exe in wherever you installed the game, create a shortcut to it, right click the shortcut and select Properties, and in the Target field at the end add -provider Steam -usecoherent . Specifically in that order. This will launch the game using the old web framework instead of the new Chromium one, which seems to be the source of the issue.

You can also add command line arguments through the Steam client. https://www.howtogeek.com/825209/add-command-line-arguments-to-steam-gog-epic-games-store/

Edited by Chaba.5410