You nerfed Scrapper all wrong. Really Arena Net?

AlPower.2476

Arena Net nerfed again Scrapper ALL WRONG. This problem has been here for years; nerfing almost randomly skills instead of nerfing the real problem in this class. Killing All possible builds instead of attacking the problematic one. 

Check Scrapper nerf list:

1. Blast Gyro: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 12 seconds in PvP only.
  2. Kinetic Accelerators: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 15 seconds in PvP only.
  3. Sneak Gyro: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.
  4. Speed of Synergy: Reduced area-of-effect superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only. Reduced self superspeed duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.

Ok, all that you can see in the forum,  feedback was:

1) Problem with Scrapper was GRENADE + STEALTH BOMB and TEAM STEALTH PROBLEM <- Nade main problem

2) From the above; grenades can be thrown at any angle  (360°) while superspeed. <- Nade main problem

3) Nades are a Holo's problem too. <- Nade main problem

So; the logic way to nerf was: Nerf Grenades power coefficent, nerf grenades angle, and make Stealth Gyro  team stealth into a personal skill (WvW function one is dead, so why to keep it, improve its use in PvP; 'cause No one in WvW and PvE gonna choose it)

Why do you nerf the entire Scrapper class for a single build (well, Holo and Scrapper, but this nerf only touches Scrapper for whatever reason) that could be easily nerf without touching the rest of it?

Let me explain:

1. Blast Gyro: Non Burst Scrappers  don't use blast gyro, but nerf is unnecesary since the Might increased GRENADES DAMAGE, THE REAL PROBLEM. But ok, it was already useless for me; never used it since I play this game.
  2. Kinetic Accelerators the same. You're nerfing the entire class damage instead of Grenades... But okay again; I never used it 'cause if I don't choose adaptative armor, i'm gonna die easily.
  3. Sneak Gyro nerf: The kitten problem with stealth in Scrapper was that stealth bomb burst, so, why instead of nerf the kitten damage of nades, you nerf Stealth so hard (Are you aware that Scrapper, aside that build, needed a way to disengage propely?, 'cause I don't know... It is so kitten squishy aside those two blocks). Also, Are you not tired of filling the game with +60 secs ELITE SKILLS? Haven't no one here learned nothing? Why don't rework it instead of still adding seconds and seconds to a skill?
  4. Super Speed: The same; the problem with superspeed was the 360° nades while run.

Let's check the Scrapper State (Excluding grenades) and obviusly Im talking about real builds; don't tell me that I can have a stunbreak if I use Thumper Turret, let's be serious, please.

1) Damage and Combat -----------------------------

1. Hammer: Hammer damage is a Joke; you have to take 100% focused damage busters from Explosives + Berserker Amulet + Eagle's rune to be able to do decent damage; damage that still a joke if u compare agaisnt Holo's damage, Cata's damage, Spellbreaker damage (more tanky that the suposed to be tank Scrapper), Reaper damage, etc.
  2. Shredder Gyro: Mediocre damage, I never used it, I supose people used it for SuperSpeed and to have a little more damage burst. (Burst that mostly came from grenades, untouched) 
  3. Tool kit: The only true damage skill that can be used is Pry bar; I can deal like 8k if I have fury and some might. It's very mele. But, wow, surprise, it's a CORE SKILL.
  4. CC: Scrapper is strong here, nothing to complain about it; is not the most stronger class in this aspect (Spellbreakers, Tempests are by far superior here). But is decent; it's problem maybe is 'cause most of the rest of classes has a crazy amount of stability (guardian, spellbreaker, catalysts, tempest, all rangers, reaper) or a crazy amount of stunbreaks.
  5. Ranged damage: Aside grenades; you have Elixir gun; whose damage is mediocre (1k per basick, mediocre range, low attack speed). Mortar would be ok if we don't have to disengage with Sneak Gyro.

2) Survivability -----------------------------

1. Blocks: You can have two blocks; from Hammer and from Wrench kit. Both are active blocks, can be interrupted easily or ignored (Holo beam, Spellbreaker FC or Dagger, Necro's fear, Cata cc's, Cata unblockable damage). Good luck fighting an Holosmith, a spellbreaker, a virtuoso, with only two blocks while dealing poor damage output. Willbenders, Most of guardians, Catalysts, Warrios, etc. Or have More blocks, or have invulnerability, etc. And some of them can even block passively.
  2. Bulkwark gyro: Also you have Bulkward gyro, that doesn't even is good due to current strong powercreep meta; we take it due to Stab source from toolbelt. Stab source that for whatever reason you decided to make a grounded targeted, destroying even more Action Camera Users; and a stab source that can be easily stripped 'cause Scrapper, unlike others specs, can't give himself tons of boons to dilute the probability of losing stability, you can have celerity, fury, might and vigor; only celerity and fury are the permanent one if you take explosives 2 1. But nothing if you compare it with the list of boons that classes like Catalysts, Harbingers, Holosmiths, Willbenders can have during a fight. And nothing if you see how many boons can be ripped out by Necros and Spellbreakers.
  3. Stunbreaks: You can have 1 stunbreak only.  Blast gyro or Elixir gun toolkit. Only glass cannons use blast gyro due to might stacks, but for the rest of us, blast gyro is useless. And now with the nerf, I have lest chance to choose it.  Healing Mist (Elixir gun) have a very high cd, that's why we have to be so careful and dodge perfectly. But if you haven't noticed, most of GW2 users only have two evades. so classes like Holosmith (Holo's shockwave, both shield skills, beam laser, sticky shoes); Reaper/core necro/harbinger's fear, Spellbreakers FC, dagger, hammer, rampage mode, Rangers smokescale, etc, etc.) can easily cc us. So it's very difficult for us to have a long battle without STEALTH TO DISENGAGE.
  4. Superspeed and Stealth: You have removed our ONLY DISENGAGE SKILL. Yeah, Scrapper can perma superspeed, but, guess. NON GRENADES SCRAPPERS only use that combo to disengage. If you keep superspeed, you still not able to escape, why? 'cause most of classes have strong ranged attacks, teleports, movement skills or ALL. Ranger, again Catalysts, Willbenders, Holosmiths. So, thanks for making this a 75 secs cd skill. 
  5. Condition cleanse: Scrapper is decent here in numbers, however all condi cleanse have to be ACTIVE 1 BY 1, and you have to use all ur usefull skill only to survive. Let me explain myself. Guardians, Warriors, Elementalists, etc. can cleanse  multiple conditions with1 skills; also they have passive condi cleanse, and combos. Scrappers have that recent Tools trait addition, but you have to waste a toolbelt skill to make them work; If a enemy puts you 8 conditions, you have to use all your toolbelt skills in order to cleanse yourself. That means, waste heal (F1 from medkit), Stab source from Bulwark, Stunbreak from Elixir gun, and Wrench toolbelt, Function Gyro. We don't take Purge Gyro 'cause is useless for PvP since you have to take Bulwark Gyro for Stab and a little damage mitigation. And Medkit "3" skill is a good option but it cleanse 1 by 1 in short time, so if a condi spammer (multiple ones like necros and mechs, a burning spammer like guardian and ele, or a confusion spammer like Virtuoso) focus you, you have to pray for have toolbelt out of cd, and the amount of time to swap to Elixir gun, use 5 and 4 for a light combo. So, for example, the way for survive a condition bomb was: Swap medkit, use Cleansing Field, use toolbelt skills, Swap elixir gun, use 5, then 4 ; now you have all ur important skills on cd so use stealth and run away 'cause if not, youre dead 🙂
  6. Stability: The trait that gives you STAB is useless for NON GRENADIERS USERS because you are a squishy 15k hp  and you're forced to take Adaptative Armor. (if you take Explosives trait that gives you HP, you're lossing ur fury, if you don't have fury, your damage will be a real joke even with the rest of explosives focussed of damage) The same Kinetic Accelerators
  7. Mobility: If you remove Superspeed, basically you have a Slow class, with mediocre damage, with a piano style (swaping between 3 kits and hammer all the time to make damage, pretty mediocre compared to the rest of classes of course). With only 1 stunbreak, with only 1 grounded targetet stab source.

Scrapper is getting killed always by Holo nerfs, or a single build that is being toxic; instead of attack the problem, they always kill the entire class.

I'm using a build created by ALIEN (N A T E) with little modifications.  he saw me searching for a build after leaving the game and coming back with the class absolutely nerfed into the dust;  but this problem has been here for years. In the past; I have had my own builds, all with a high learning curve to use; focused on Kit Swapping, kitting, combos, sustained damage, etc.  It's always funny playing builds that requires effort not only in rotation but evading, using combos, kitting, etc. And all got killed by Arena net for nerfing other specs or other builds. I remember even playing a full kit one (Except healing medkit 'cause it was trash before rework) tool kit + elixir gun + flamethrower + mortar kit (toolik for blocks and pulls, elixir gun for damage aoe, healing and team support, flamethrower for cd and blindness, mortar kit for healing, blindness and cold) was the funnier build that I've played; not the best tho.

1)  Elite Turrets supply; got killed in that function gyro rework, ty for removing F5 toolbelt.

2)  Elixir traits got absolutely destroyed ty to that old Quickness Holo build and WvW Scrapper Support.

3)  Healing Turrent got destroyed again ty to Holosmith and it's jump + water + holographic shockwave combo that made him unkillable in the past.

4) There was a Rune that I don't even remember it's name, I think it gave you +25% movement speed and some damage buffs, got removed 'cause Spellbreaker was overperforming with that rune time ago. In that time, Scrapper didn't have so much access to superspeed like now. 

5) Bulkward Gyro, Purge Gyro, etc. Got high nerfs due to a past unkillable Bunker Scrapper build, again killing the Fighter Scrapper one. 

6) Invulnerability Elixir got destroyed by Holo nerfs. Quickness Elixir got destroyed by Holo nerfs, etc.

7) I don't even know why Mortar kit got nerfed, I wasn't in the game when that happened; I suposse it got nerfed thanks to Holosmith, 'cause according to registers, it got nerfed few time after Laser Beam got nerfet.

8 - Superspeed on blast combos AND getting stab when dodge got nerfed ty to that immortal bunker Scrapper and WvW Scrapper, ty again.

And probably you gonna nerf Explosives and Tools in the future; 'cause you still buffing holo, he gonna be the most op class in the future (he's already near to that), and instead of nerf it, you gonna nerf again all the engineers.

Sorry for the long text, but this has been so frustrating with every single update, over the years.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

1) Problem with Scrapper was GRENADE + STEALTH BOMB and TEAM STEALTH PROBLEM <- Nade main problem

2) From the above; grenades can be thrown at any angle  (360°) while superspeed. <- Nade main problem

So; the logic way to nerf was: Nerf Grenades power coefficent, nerf grenades angle, and make Stealth Gyro  team stealth into a personal skill (WvW function one is dead, so why to keep it, improve its use in PvP; 'cause No one in WvW and PvE gonna choose it)

@Rubi Bayer.8493 🥺

First thing is that i don't get why people are even crying so much about scrapper being in stealth every 60sec while thiefs can come from stealth anytime and one shot us... Many time in ranked PVP, i mostly get one shotted by thiefs. hitting me for crazy +16k crit damage out of no where but this nerf to scrapper?

Nothing to compensate this nerf?

Engineer

• Blast Gyro: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 12 seconds in PvP only.
  • Kinetic Accelerators: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 15 seconds in PvP only.
  • Sneak Gyro: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.
  • Speed of Synergy: Reduced area-of-effect superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only. Reduced self superspeed duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.

Unlike other classes we don't have 100% uptime on swiftness in PVP nor we have 25% increased movement speed beside a few seconds of superspeed. It's very easy to get away from grenade as well and yet because of few players who didn't wanted to use their few braincells to avoid the damage they complain about it. After scrapper is out of stealth, she has very long CD before she can go back into the stealth & stealth last for 9sec - 13sec(if wasting hammer skill 3).

Nerf on Grenade and buff on power coeffiecent of hammer skills and abit less CD would have been a very fine adjustment instead of trying to handicap scrapper and it's team all together..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Arena Net nerfed again Scrapper ALL WRONG. This problem has been here for years; nerfing almost randomly skills instead of nerfing the real problem in this class. Killing All possible builds instead of attacking the problematic one. 

Check Scrapper nerf list:

1. Blast Gyro: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 12 seconds in PvP only.
  2. Kinetic Accelerators: Adjusted might from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 15 seconds in PvP only.
  3. Sneak Gyro: Increased cooldown from 60 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP only.
  4. Speed of Synergy: Reduced area-of-effect superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only. Reduced self superspeed duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.

Why do you nerf the entire Scrapper class for a single build (well, Holo and Scrapper, but this nerf only touches Scrapper for whatever reason) that could be easily nerf without touching the rest of it?

Let me explain:

1. Blast Gyro: Non Burst Scrappers  don't use blast gyro, but nerf is unnecesary since the Might increased GRENADES DAMAGE, THE REAL PROBLEM. But ok, it was already useless for me; never used it since I play this game.
  2. Kinetic Accelerators the same. You're nerfing the entire class damage instead of Grenades... But okay again; I never used it 'cause if I don't choose adaptative armor, i'm gonna die easily.
  3. Sneak Gyro nerf: The kitten problem with stealth in Scrapper was that stealth bomb burst, so, why instead of nerf the kitten damage of nades, you nerf Stealth so hard (Are you aware that Scrapper, aside that build, needed a way to disengage propely?, 'cause I don't know... It is so kitten squishy aside those two blocks). Also, Are you not tired of filling the game with +60 secs ELITE SKILLS? Haven't no one here learned nothing? Why don't rework it instead of still adding seconds and seconds to a skill?
  4. Super Speed: The same; the problem with superspeed was the 360° nades while run.

Let's check the Scrapper State (Excluding grenades) and obviusly Im talking about real builds; don't tell me that I can have a stunbreak if I use Thumper Turret, let's be serious, please.

1) Damage and Combat -----------------------------

1. Hammer: Hammer damage is a Joke; you have to take 100% focused damage busters from Explosives + Berserker Amulet + Eagle's rune to be able to do decent damage; damage that still a joke if u compare agaisnt Holo's damage, Cata's damage, Spellbreaker damage (more tanky that the suposed to be tank Scrapper), Reaper damage, etc.
  2. Shredder Gyro: Mediocre damage, I never used it, I supose people used it for SuperSpeed and to have a little more damage burst. (Burst that mostly came from grenades, untouched) 
  3. Tool kit: The only true damage skill that can be used is Pry bar; I can deal like 8k if I have fury and some might. It's very mele. But, wow, surprise, it's a CORE SKILL.
  4. CC: Scrapper is strong here, nothing to complain about it; is not the most stronger class in this aspect (Spellbreakers, Tempests are by far superior here). But is decent; it's problem maybe is 'cause most of the rest of classes has a crazy amount of stability (guardian, spellbreaker, catalysts, tempest, all rangers, reaper) or a crazy amount of stunbreaks.
  5. Ranged damage: Aside grenades; you have Elixir gun; whose damage is mediocre (1k per basick, mediocre range, low attack speed). Mortar would be ok if we don't have to disengage with Sneak Gyro.

2) Survivability -----------------------------

1. Blocks: You can have two blocks; from Hammer and from Wrench kit. Both are active blocks, can be interrupted easily or ignored (Holo beam, Spellbreaker FC or Dagger, Necro's fear, Cata cc's, Cata unblockable damage). Good luck fighting an Holosmith, a spellbreaker, a virtuoso, with only two blocks while dealing poor damage output. Willbenders, Most of guardians, Catalysts, Warrios, etc. Or have More blocks, or have invulnerability, etc. And some of them can even block passively.
  2. Bulkwark gyro: Also you have Bulkward gyro, that doesn't even is good due to current strong powercreep meta; we take it due to Stab source from toolbelt. Stab source that for whatever reason you decided to make a grounded targeted, destroying even more Action Camera Users; and a stab source that can be easily stripped 'cause Scrapper, unlike others specs, can't give himself tons of boons to dilute the probability of losing stability, you can have celerity, fury, might and vigor; only celerity and fury are the permanent one if you take explosives 2 1. But nothing if you compare it with the list of boons that classes like Catalysts, Harbingers, Holosmiths, Willbenders can have during a fight. And nothing if you see how many boons can be ripped out by Necros and Spellbreakers.
  3. Stunbreaks: You can have 1 stunbreak only.  Blast gyro or Elixir gun toolkit. Only glass cannons use blast gyro due to might stacks, but for the rest of us, blast gyro is useless. And now with the nerf, I have lest chance to choose it.  Healing Mist (Elixir gun) have a very high cd, that's why we have to be so careful and dodge perfectly. But if you haven't noticed, most of GW2 users only have two evades. so classes like Holosmith (Holo's shockwave, both shield skills, beam laser, sticky shoes); Reaper/core necro/harbinger's fear, Spellbreakers FC, dagger, hammer, rampage mode, Rangers smokescale, etc, etc.) can easily cc us. So it's very difficult for us to have a long battle without STEALTH TO DISENGAGE.
  4. Superspeed and Stealth: You have removed our ONLY DISENGAGE SKILL. Yeah, Scrapper can perma superspeed, but, guess. NON GRENADES SCRAPPERS only use that combo to disengage. If you keep superspeed, you still not able to escape, why? 'cause most of classes have strong ranged attacks, teleports, movement skills or ALL. Ranger, again Catalysts, Willbenders, Holosmiths. So, thanks for making this a 75 secs cd skill. 
  5. Condition cleanse: Scrapper is decent here in numbers, however all condi cleanse have to be ACTIVE 1 BY 1, and you have to use all ur usefull skill only to survive. Let me explain myself. Guardians, Warriors, Elementalists, etc. can cleanse  multiple conditions with1 skills; also they have passive condi cleanse, and combos. Scrappers have that recent Tools trait addition, but you have to waste a toolbelt skill to make them work; If a enemy puts you 8 conditions, you have to use all your toolbelt skills in order to cleanse yourself. That means, waste heal (F1 from medkit), Stab source from Bulwark, Stunbreak from Elixir gun, and Wrench toolbelt, Function Gyro. We don't take Purge Gyro 'cause is useless for PvP since you have to take Bulwark Gyro for Stab and a little damage mitigation. And Medkit "3" skill is a good option but it cleanse 1 by 1 in short time, so if a condi spammer (multiple ones like necros and mechs, a burning spammer like guardian and ele, or a confusion spammer like Virtuoso) focus you, you have to pray for have toolbelt out of cd, and the amount of time to swap to Elixir gun, use 5 and 4 for a light combo. So, for example, the way for survive a condition bomb was: Swap medkit, use Cleansing Field, use toolbelt skills, Swap elixir gun, use 5, then 4 ; now you have all ur important skills on cd so use stealth and run away 'cause if not, youre dead 🙂
  6. Stability: The trait that gives you STAB is useless for NON GRENADIERS USERS because you are a squishy 15k hp  and you're forced to take Adaptative Armor. (if you take Explosives trait that gives you HP, you're lossing ur fury, if you don't have fury, your damage will be a real joke even with the rest of explosives focussed of damage) The same Kinetic Accelerators
  7. Mobility: If you remove Superspeed, basically you have a Slow class, with mediocre damage, with a piano style (swaping between 3 kits and hammer all the time to make damage, pretty mediocre compared to the rest of classes of course). With only 1 stunbreak, with only 1 grounded targetet stab source.

Scrapper is getting killed always by Holo nerfs, or a single build that is being toxic; instead of attack the problem, they always kill the entire class.

I'm using a build created by ALIEN (N A T E) with little modifications.  he saw me searching for a build after leaving the game and coming back with the class absolutely nerfed into the dust;  but this problem has been here for years. In the past; I have had my own builds, all with a high learning curve to use; focused on Kit Swapping, kitting, combos, sustained damage, etc.  It's always funny playing builds that requires effort not only in rotation but evading, using combos, kitting, etc. And all got killed by Arena net for nerfing other specs or other builds. I remember even playing a full kit one (Except healing medkit 'cause it was trash before rework) tool kit + elixir gun + flamethrower + mortar kit (toolik for blocks and pulls, elixir gun for damage aoe, healing and team support, flamethrower for cd and blindness, mortar kit for healing, blindness and cold) was the funnier build that I've played; not the best tho.

1)  Elite Turrets supply; got killed in that function gyro rework, ty for removing F5 toolbelt.

2)  Elixir traits got absolutely destroyed ty to that old Quickness Holo build and WvW Scrapper Support.

3)  Healing Turrent got destroyed again ty to Holosmith and it's jump + water + holographic shockwave combo that made him unkillable in the past.

4) There was a Rune that I don't even remember it's name, I think it gave you +25% movement speed and some damage buffs, got removed 'cause Spellbreaker was overperforming with that rune time ago. In that time, Scrapper didn't have so much access to superspeed like now. 

5) Bulkward Gyro, Purge Gyro, etc. Got high nerfs due to a past unkillable Bunker Scrapper build, again killing the Fighter Scrapper one. 

6) Invulnerability Elixir got destroyed by Holo nerfs. Quickness Elixir got destroyed by Holo nerfs, etc.

7) I don't even know why Mortar kit got nerfed, I wasn't in the game when that happened; I suposse it got nerfed thanks to Holosmith, 'cause according to registers, it got nerfed few time after Laser Beam got nerfet.

8 - Superspeed on blast combos AND getting stab when dodge got nerfed ty to that immortal bunker Scrapper and WvW Scrapper, ty again.

And probably you gonna nerf Explosives and Tools in the future; 'cause you still buffing holo, he gonna be the most op class in the future (he's already near to that), and instead of nerf it, you gonna nerf again all the engineers.

Sorry for the long text, but this has been so frustrating with every single update, over the years.

k to be fair there was a complaint about the stealth bomb.  And nades was only one variant of that…

the other one that nuked folks was shredder, tool kit, blast and stealth.

This variant has even more CC, you stealth (or not), put pop blast, do shredder, drop capacitor, do magnet pull, into pry bar, into thunderclap, whirl with wrench toolbelt the rocket charge and function gyro for kicks. It has more CC and easily as much damage if not more in the burst, it suffers from not having a ranger attack if something could somehow get away.

Edited by shion.2084

19 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

k to be fair there was a complaint about the stealth bomb.  And nades was only one variant of that…

the other one that nuked folks was shredder, tool kit, blast and stealth.

This variant has even more CC, you stealth (or not), put pop blast, do shredder, drop capacitor, do magnet pull, into pry bar, into thunderclap, whirl with wrench toolbelt the rocket charge and function gyro for kicks. It has more CC and easily as much damage if not more in the burst, it suffers from not having a ranger attack if something could somehow get away.

Has more CC, yes, is broken? Nope. Everyone has lots of stab, blocks and most important, stab spam

Now, I never had problems agaisnt them, even using a non main classes like spellbreaker. Nades were by far worst due to that attack while running.

For others builds, even saw people mad about boonstrip, when mines on scrapper are literally a waste of skill slot, or perma stab on flamethtower. So...

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Has more CC, yes, is broken? Nope. Everyone has lots of stab, blocks and most important, stab spam

Mines to boonstrip are a waste of skill slot

What does mines have to do with anything here.  With this variant you take explosives glass cannon instead of nades trait giving you extra damage on pribar and a double hit on wrench And you can use static discharge.  The damage is more than the nades burst variant and eats through stab.  You don’t even need the magnet pull, you can simply from stealth open with pri bar spare cap, thunderclap and time blast gyro.  

this build was actually a superior stealth bomb opening but mostly lacked range.  It also gives an immob and an extra block.  I had a much easier time dealing with the nades opening burst.

just try ganking with both and you’ll see.

3 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

I don't even know why Mortar kit got nerfed, I wasn't in the game when that happened; I suposse it got nerfed thanks to Holosmith, 'cause according to registers, it got nerfed few time after Laser Beam got nerfet.

I believe the old protection holo ran it. This is one of the reasons I don't like spvp is because Elite Mortar Kit is too weak to replace Grenades as the primary damage kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

What does mines have to do with anything here.  With this variant you take explosives glass cannon instead of nades trait giving you extra damage on pribar and a double hit on wrench And you can use static discharge.  The damage is more than the nades burst variant and eats through stab.  You don’t even need the magnet pull, you can simply from stealth open with pri bar spare cap, thunderclap and time blast gyro.  

this build was actually a superior stealth bomb opening but mostly lacked range.  It also gives an immob and an extra block.  I had a much easier time dealing with the nades opening burst.

just try ganking with both and you’ll see.

Ive mentionated mines to show an example how ppl complains everything thats not in their class, even if it's super useless.

And ty, already tried that build, still prefer to be able to hold a fight instead of be a free kill if focused. 

1 minute ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Ive mentionated mines to show an example how ppl complains everything thats not in their class, even if it's super useless.

And ty, already tried that build, still prefer to be able to hold a fight instead of be a free kill if focused. 

Yeah the build is a total yolo offensive version of aliens… and used totally differently.  The net effect of it is the exact same burst potential (slightly better for the initial burst) than the nades variant.

My point is with the degenerate play style, the issue isn’t nades, because other thinks can substitute for the one kill attempt and run build pattern.   So I’m pointing out that your probably fingering nades because it’s not something fundamental to your build.   

BUT if only nades had been nerfed, this would have replaced it.

15 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Yeah the build is a total yolo offensive version of aliens… and used totally differently.  The net effect of it is the exact same burst potential (slightly better for the initial burst) than the nades variant.

My point is with the degenerate play style, the issue isn’t nades, because other thinks can substitute for the one kill attempt and run build pattern.   So I’m pointing out that your probably fingering nades because it’s not something fundamental to your build.   

BUT if only nades had been nerfed, this would have replaced it.

Don't think so, nades was popular cause was a easy way to win agaisnt low tier players (like Mech in the past), and was hated due to toxicity the other one should require a little more effort in order to be less useful, and even if, shouldn't be a big problem for the rest of "great and meta" popular classes,the ones that are untouched since months.

Edited by AlPower.2476

Dude you're wasting your effort.  They don't give a flying kitten.  They only nerf what people cry about.  Now I realize why most people at my ranking would keep builds secret.  I was playing this grenade build for 2 years and usually in top 100 and I gave the build to a couple other people and someone posted it on meta battle.  Then the noobs cried and it got nerffed.    In the last 2 years scrapper has only had nerfs, next they said they are going to make gyros stationary so more nerfs are coming.  

I just came to the conclusion that this game sucks.  There's better games to play out there, and I'm just not personally gonna invest any more emotion in this one.  You can keep making forum posts but nothing will change for the better.  You can play another class or another game  those are you options.   

I actually live in bellevue WA like 3 blocks away from ANET headquarters and work in the programming field and have a little more insight.  It seems like the game is actually dead and they aren't going to put any more finances towards fixing it, they are hiring for a new project right now and working on something else.   I'm guessing its guild wars 3 or another title entirely but this game is just on lifesupport trying to get the last few bucks sucked out.   This company is not blizzard where it can afford to divide its resources. Whatever new title they are focusing on all eggs go in that basket.  Guild wars is dead.  It's like losing a loved one in your life you just have to accept that it's dead and move on. 

Just know that scrapper won't get fixed before this game goes under and has plans for further nerfs.  If that is a bother to you then play another class or game or do something else, it's your call.   I was the guy who's literally played for 10 years and been a scrapper main since hots and spent much of my young life wasted making forum posts and they never read a single one.  I  predicted all the nerfs like quickness removal and the current superspeed nerfs.   Its very predictable what ANET does.  They just seek to appease the vocal whiners and nobody plays scrapper unless its OP, so every time it has a decent spec it will get nerffed. They will just keep nerfing 1 perceived strong class every couple months till servers go down.  

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Nerfing Grenades nerfs every Engineer build, and theyre by and large already not good. If you wanted to nerf Scrapper (not sure why), nerfing Scrapper specifically is correct.

No engineer build is played at high level.  If they wanted to make a change they should have nerfed shape charge in PVP so that yo can't instantly stack 25 vuln for a 37.5% damage increase.  Then holosmith and scrapper would have had their burst nerffed.  Whatever.  They obviously aren't going to fix anything and I'm done putting any effort or care into this dead game.  

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

Dude you're wasting your effort.  They don't give a flying kitten.  They only nerf what people cry about.  Now I realize why most people at my ranking would keep builds secret.  I was playing this grenade build for 2 years and usually in top 100 and I gave the build to a couple other people and someone posted it on meta battle.  Then the noobs cried and it got nerffed.    In the last 2 years scrapper has only had nerfs, next they said they are going to make gyros stationary so more nerfs are coming.  

I just came to the conclusion that this game sucks.  There's better games to play out there, and I'm just not personally gonna invest any more emotion in this one.  You can keep making forum posts but nothing will change for the better.  You can play another class or another game  those are you options.   

I actually live in bellevue WA like 3 blocks away from ANET headquarters and work in the programming field and have a little more insight.  It seems like the game is actually dead and they aren't going to put any more finances towards fixing it, they are hiring for a new project right now and working on something else.   I'm guessing its guild wars 3 or another title entirely but this game is just on lifesupport trying to get the last few bucks sucked out.   This company is not blizzard where it can afford to divide its resources. Whatever new title they are focusing on all eggs go in that basket.  Guild wars is dead.  It's like losing a loved one in your life you just have to accept that it's dead and move on. 

Just know that scrapper won't get fixed before this game goes under and has plans for further nerfs.  If that is a bother to you then play another class or game or do something else, it's your call.   I was the guy who's literally played for 10 years and been a scrapper main since hots and spent much of my young life wasted making forum posts and they never read a single one.  I  predicted all the nerfs like quickness removal and the current superspeed nerfs.   Its very predictable what ANET does.  They just seek to appease the vocal whiners and nobody plays scrapper unless its OP, so every time it has a decent spec it will get nerffed. They will just keep nerfing 1 perceived strong class every couple months till servers go down.  

This actually borke my heart when i read it. I love GW2 and it's an awasome game. GW2 currently is the 3rd best MMO and this game can be saved easily. The only reason GW2 suffers like this is cause of it's poor marketing. I bet many players don't even know GW2 exist.

I am a BDO player. Played for 4 years and i know that the game is really dying because devs are focused on making 4 different NEW games. BDO sufferes alot from lags, FPS and most annoying: Desyncs... Devs keep trying to make new classes to suck as much money as they can. BDO atm has +52classes and imaging balance it... wait, it's not even possible to balance it anymore.

But GW2 isn't like that... It's the only MMO that has a good PVP & PVE contents with horizontal progression so no one can suffer powerloss.

I know GW2 will always remain and scrapper will get attention she deserves. As long as Anet keeps focusing on GW2 and not start to make entirely new games. GW2 will not die and i don't thing Guild Wars died cause Guild Wars is GW2 on it's new form. Just think, GW2 is buy once and play forever and you can exchange gold for gems. Game is completely free to play in a sense. Anet doesn't have as much funding as Blizzard has to keep the game running with new contents all the time and because of this, we can't truly blame Anet for having less employees. It takes time and lots of effort to meet player's expections.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-2023/

Here’s a high-level look at our upcoming releases. The timing for some of the updates and betas listed above will be announced closer to their release dates.

• February 14: Profession Balance Update, WvW Objective Reward Scaling, Chromium Embedded Framework Upgrade
  • February 28: New Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Map and Story Content, Soo-Won Legendary Variant
  • March 28: Super Adventure Festival
  • April 18: DX11 Upgrade Complete
  • May 2: Profession Balance Update

In the background, we’ll be quietly working on what’s to come in the second half of the year. We’ll have more to share on that later.

I am waiting for May 2 update. I believe scrapper will be saved, Let's believe on May 2 update guys 🥺

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, August.5934 said:

I am waiting for May 2 update. I believe scrapper will be saved, Let's believe on May 2 update guys 🥺

Copium is strong with you.

But no wonder they adjust engie all the time. When I log in to WvW all I see are core engies, Mechs, Holos and Scrappers running around. They dominate everything.

Sometimes I see those blobs running around with permanent stability and invunerability, but those are very rare.

• Like 1

Nade aren't even the problem with this build. It's high burst paired with stealth. That's what people complain about. 

Attacking 360 degrees isn't unique to nades. Scepter Ele also has the combination of 360 damage and frequent superspeed, but interestingly, it never gets brought up. Same with thief shortbow, and renegade shortbow. What they can do is specifically change the nade auto attack. Maybe give it ammo so you can't spam it. 

They need to hit Sneak gyro hard and give Scrapper the ability to actually function as a bruiser. The toxic part of the build was that they hid the burst with stealth and caught noobies off guard. Give Sneak Gyro it's WvW version, and this gimmick goes away entirely. 

After that, they can start by buffing it's hammer coefficients, giving it better stunbreak/stab access, giving it some amount of reliable cleanse. 

I can't stress enough though that Scrapper NEEDS changes to allow it to actaully function in melee range before they think about touching nades. If they don't want us permakiting with superspeed, give us the tools to actually fight other classes in melee range without running out of CDs or being blown up by stuns and conditions. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Copium is strong with you.

It must be... I have reached the point where i can't even enjoy scrapper anymore... I really can't even move around the map anymore and it's really frustrating... I am really sick of this necros taking all my boons away and corrupting them and there is ranger is constant roots like...

Instead of nerfing grenades damage they nerfed the spec itself. I can still move around on stealth by leaping on smoke bomb every 20sec if i and still one shotting ppl if i chose to do so... cause the problem isn't really a stealth, it's the damage itself.

Also i am getting sick of this hackers in Arena where they ignore stability & CC... i have stability and still get lunched/knockdown...the enemy player has no stability and doesn't even buzz a single inch from lunch cause it doesn't work on him. 

There is an entire website dedicated about hacks & bots...

@Cal Cohen.2358 Nerf ALL classes one shot damages or buff scrapper sustain and survivebility [Must See]. I can't do ANYTHING, litrally. All it takes is 1sec on stun. All those who cried about scrapper being one shotting. When are you gonna stop this catastrophy? My 4sec of superspeed can't take me further then 1200 range now...(Oh yeah, hammer skills huge CD and trash damage)

Edited by August.5934
Had something very important to SHOW...
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

I think youre Dooming.

Its not so bad, we should praise those 2 guys endlessly working on balance.

[ANOTHER ONE]

The thing is, i can't even disengage now cause i don't much superspeed to run away nor is my stealth available cause extra huge CD on it. I sware everyone is just one shotting me from far and it's ranged damage btw.. before i even reach them i am DEAD. My hammer skills damage is so low that necro doesn't even bother to attack me and keeps walking to capture point then just kill me with ONE cc. Warrior is on the same spot, instant death.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

[ANOTHER ONE]

The thing is, i can't even disengage now cause i don't much superspeed to run away nor is my stealth available cause extra huge CD on it. I sware everyone is just one shotting me from far and it's ranged damage btw.. before i even reach them i am DEAD. My hammer skills damage is so low that necro doesn't even bother to attack me and keeps walking to capture point then just kill me with ONE cc. Warrior is on the same spot, instant death.

Warrior and Necro counter scrapper. I don't even bother taking those 1v1s. Scrapper doesn't have the stunbreaks/Stab to deal with warrior, or the cleanse to deal with Necro. And your DPS isn't substantial enough to punch through the Necro's healthbar as they corrupt your boons and flood your bar with conditions and weakness. 

Getting bursted from range is also a natural counter to scrapper. If you aren't hitting your opponent, you aren't getting Impact Savant. Without Impact Savant, you're made of paper. For that reason, Scepter Cata is also very good at dealing with you. Same with any other ranged spec if you don't have bubble up. 

The stealth cheese was carrying this build. Despite all the hyperbole going around from forum goers, Scrapper just has a lot of fundamental flaws in PvP. You're better off playing something else. 

If you want an Engi spec that doesn't get frequently gutted into obscurity, I reccomend Holosmith instead. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I reccomend Holosmith instead. 

Holosmith also isn't an option anymore cause no sustain. I see mostly Harbringers in ranked pvp. many times 2 harbringer in team or in enemyteam. My ranked gutted from gold to silver now and silver rank i have to deal with this pepegas who doesn't even know who they are dealing with thus my rank is going even more below. 

it was a nightmare for me to get out of that dirt swamp(Silver rank) and now i am thrown back into it cause i now can't even support my team properly cause they get 3sec of superspeed and cause of my long CD on stealth, i can't disengage in time. I love scrapper and always play with it but now, i find so hard to even deal with things. About condi cleanse, yea... i got non. So I am hoping that May 2 update to bring scrapper back on track.

38 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

Holosmith also isn't an option anymore cause no sustain. I see mostly Harbringers in ranked pvp. many times 2 harbringer in team or in enemyteam. My ranked gutted from gold to silver now and silver rank i have to deal with this pepegas who doesn't even know who they are dealing with thus my rank is going even more below. 

it was a nightmare for me to get out of that dirt swamp(Silver rank) and now i am thrown back into it cause i now can't even support my team properly cause they get 3sec of superspeed and cause of my long CD on stealth, i can't disengage in time. I love scrapper and always play with it but now, i find so hard to even deal with things. About condi cleanse, yea... i got non. So I am hoping that May 2 update to bring scrapper back on track.

Tools Holo doesn't really sustain so much as delete anything that approaches it before it can fight back. It mostly wants to take outnumbered fights, favorable 1v1s, and small skirmishes because that's where it thrives. It's good for plussing into tanky specs as well because it's got 3 forms of unblockable CC (Magnet, Prime Light Beam, and Slick Shoes). 

Just be wary of being focused. Survivability is not its strong suit. 

It's not very forgiving of a playstyle, but I'll suffice for carrying low ranks where people cannot deal with that much pressure being thrown at them constantly. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Sad 1