You nerfed Scrapper all wrong. Really Arena Net?

AlPower.2476

I mean really consider that, they gave us a completely useless tier 2 trait for the scrapper specialty.  No-one would chose it over the ability to weaken/vuln your foes, or pure damage buffs.  But the final kick in the teeth is pinning its lousy effectiveness to super speed, and in the next patch lowering the scrappers super speed.

I can't even......

21 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Warrior and Necro counter scrapper. I don't even bother taking those 1v1s. Scrapper doesn't have the stunbreaks/Stab to deal with warrior, or the cleanse to deal with Necro. And your DPS isn't substantial enough to punch through the Necro's healthbar as they corrupt your boons and flood your bar with conditions and weakness. 

Getting bursted from range is also a natural counter to scrapper. If you aren't hitting your opponent, you aren't getting Impact Savant. Without Impact Savant, you're made of paper. For that reason, Scepter Cata is also very good at dealing with you. Same with any other ranged spec if you don't have bubble up. 

The stealth cheese was carrying this build. Despite all the hyperbole going around from forum goers, Scrapper just has a lot of fundamental flaws in PvP. You're better off playing something else. 

If you want an Engi spec that doesn't get frequently gutted into obscurity, I reccomend Holosmith instead. 

That's it; no problem if even stealth was completely removed like wvw; but only if they buffed lots of things to compensate it; hammer skills, passives, combos, etc. Super Speed was totally a senseless nerf since this class, despiste have the most stackable superspeed in the game, is super slow without it (no one is gonna waste a skill slot to use rocket boots nor swap hammer to rifle only for have two mobility skills); you can't hold a fight agaisnt a Spellbreaker, Willbender, even builds like druid, some eles, etc without running away to heal yourself or remove the tons of boons.

But we have: just removed super speed after reworking a trait to add a weak heal option, just to nerf its sinergy 2 weeks after. 

Edited by AlPower.2476
grammatical

Every class has questionable traits. By questionable I mean you question what on earth was the person who made it thinking sort of questionable. In a perfect world every class would have traits that were so good against each other that you be stuck trying to make a decision of which to use. Thats when you know the traits have been done right.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2023 at 2:48 PM, August.5934 said:

Unlike other classes we don't have 100% uptime on swiftness in PVP nor we have 25% increased movement speed beside a few seconds of superspeed. It's very easy to get away from grenade as well and yet because of few players who didn't wanted to use their few braincells to avoid the damage they complain about it. After scrapper is out of stealth, she has very long CD before she can go back into the stealth & stealth last for 9sec - 13sec(if wasting hammer skill 3).

Nerf on Grenade and buff on power coeffiecent of hammer skills and abit less CD would have been a very fine adjustment instead of trying to handicap scrapper and it's team all together..

2 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

despiste have the most stackable superspeed in the game, is super slow without it (no one is gonna waste a skill slot to use rocket boots nor swap hammer to rifle only for have two mobility skills); 

Seems to be some misconceptions here.

Engineer has great mobility and is quite fast. Contrary to @August.5934's post, Engi (and Scrapper) has both 25% increased movement speed (Mecha Legs) and 100% uptime on swiftness (Streamlined Kits). Contrary to @AlPower.2476, players are absolutely going to burn a skill slot on rocket boots, especially traited. It's one of the best mobility skills in the game and one of the few gadgets worth a spot on the bar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coro.3176 said:

Engineer has great mobility and is quite fast. Contrary to @August.5934's post, Engi (and Scrapper) has both 25% increased movement speed (Mecha Legs) and 100% uptime on swiftness (Streamlined Kits). Contrary to @AlPower.2476, players are absolutely going to burn a skill slot on rocket boots, especially traited. It's one of the best mobility skills in the game and one of the few gadgets worth a spot on the bar.

Well, that trait requires the use of inventions, a dead traitline for now. The current meta doesn't allow you to choose your rocket boots because it doesn't make sense; you're wasting a potential block, stun, backstab, or damage ability. In this current meta, both options are totally useless (PvP). In the past that was true. Today, Scrappers have to carry Explosives + Tools to make it worth their while. Basically you play Bulkwark Gyro, Toolkit, Elixir Gun, Slicky Shoes or Blast Gyro. Why? Wrench has a pull, a block, and two powerful attacks, so no; Bulwark Gyro has stab, proyectile blocks and some barrier, no; The elixir weapon has a stunbreak, some unblockable damage, and some condition cleanse, no. Blast Gyro has an unlockable stun and no stunbreak. If we were able to choose another traitline ('cause if no explosives = no damage) we would have Elixirs (Elixir U, Elixir S) Inventions (Thumper turret, elite turrets, etc).
Currently, apart from nades (or Shredder for glass cannon users), all other options are pretty bad.

That's why I said  was speaking about real builds; if you meme you can even try bunker core (alredy tried, funny, obviusly no worthly). 

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:51 PM, AlPower.2476 said:

For others builds, even saw people mad about boonstrip, when mines on scrapper are literally a waste of skill slot, or perma stab on flamethtower. So...

The mines are alot stronger than you think when paired with tools traitline, they have excessive cc capability and remove boons including the ability to double drop ontop of someone and thus ignore both stability and block

On 3/17/2023 at 12:07 AM, coro.3176 said:

Your debate is not convincing. You want use to use a Mecha Legs from invention traitline which is completly used for healing, supporting & surviving? Streamlined Kits is from tool kit traitline and can only be used when using engineering kit, meaning it's useful for grenade kit & other engineering kit that supports. Just running one of them is a big loss for damage.

Hammer skills already do very less damage and losing Firearms & Explosives traitlines is a straight handicap... Might as well not PVP & keep running around the arena cause that's all it gonna do to help engi. The only other way engi can get swiftness is by drinking elixer B or Elixer Gun: skill 2...Every arena there is a necro and drinking Elixer B is a sure way to get all boons corrupted and dealing 8k dmg to me... I always hoped if hammer skill 3: Rocket charge could break immobolization or if we could have a better ways to cleanse condi but we don't, maybe 1, rocket boost.

If you keep gonna say that we got things then you first have to think that most of them may not gonna be helpful to builds. Unless you go pepega and think:

Oh, i don't have condi cleanse so i am gonna use Tools traitline & Use Elixer C~

Ouuu, I don't have much consistant speeds & heals so m gonna use Invention traitline & Use Elixer B~

Oh oh, now that i have condi cleanse, i need to break immobelization & crippels so m gonna use Rocket Boost~

And finally, since hammer is slow and does no damage, m gonna use Rifel~

congrats, you got a ultimate engi.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:07 PM, coro.3176 said:

You know that even with superspeed on, I can not outrun a willbender , theif, necro, warrior, ranger, ele. They can all beat me to point with competitive builds.  Last night again I had superspeed and ran in a straight line away from a WB who kept up just fine and forced me to have to engage n combat.   

the only thing I can think of is if I took rocket boots, but then I either give up my one stability skill, my one stun break or my nade kit.

What class do you play that you can’t beat an engi between two points?

Oh so, this was just another post on how "Over Power" it's the ability to throw grenades in 360°.

But, since i'm already here: Hey OP, instead of asking a nerf on a core skill witch has been the same for 10 years and ppl learn how to deal with it. Why you don't ask for a rework for all the engi kits insead?? That would be more easy and prob more fun than just adjusting a single kit and kill all the builds for engis in the process...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

You know that even with superspeed on, I can not outrun a willbender , theif, necro, warrior, ranger, ele. They can all beat me to point with competitive builds.  Last night again I had superspeed and ran in a straight line away from a WB who kept up just fine and forced me to have to engage n combat.   

the only thing I can think of is if I took rocket boots, but then I either give up my one stability skill, my one stun break or my nade kit.

What class do you play that you can’t beat an engi between two points?

I used to have abit enought duration on superspeed giving me enough time to run away but now, i can't even run further then 900 range mark cause superspeed last for 4sec and then i am back on wheelchair. Necro/reaper has 100% uptime on swiftness so engi's days of running away is over. 

Everything engi has, has being nerfed to ground leaving only grenade kit behind and i don't like grenade kit so i don't play with it mostly. This last 2 years, all i have seen is nerf and nerfs...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Perceptor.7189 said:

Oh so, this was just another post on how "Over Power" it's the ability to throw grenades in 360°

at this point i don't even care about grenades, I don't care if Anet remove the entire grenade kit away.... Other builds are barely optional. I want scrapper itself to be buffed not nerfed cause of core skills. Scrapper needs abit more attention at this point.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, August.5934 said:

Your debate is not convincing. You want use to use a Mecha Legs from invention traitline which is completly used for healing, supporting & surviving? Streamlined Kits is from tool kit traitline and can only be used when using engineering kit, meaning it's useful for grenade kit & other engineering kit that supports. Just running one of them is a big loss for damage.

Hammer skills already do very less damage and losing Firearms & Explosives traitlines is a straight handicap...

Firearms is unnecessary. You can afford to trade it for Tools or Inventions, depending on whether you want to be a mobile +1-er or a tanky point bunker.

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2023 at 3:46 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

Nade aren't even the problem with this build. It's high burst paired with stealth. That's what people complain about. 

Attacking 360 degrees isn't unique to nades. Scepter Ele also has the combination of 360 damage and frequent superspeed, but interestingly, it never gets brought up. Same with thief shortbow, and renegade shortbow. What they can do is specifically change the nade auto attack. Maybe give it ammo so you can't spam it. 

They need to hit Sneak gyro hard and give Scrapper the ability to actually function as a bruiser. The toxic part of the build was that they hid the burst with stealth and caught noobies off guard. Give Sneak Gyro it's WvW version, and this gimmick goes away entirely. 

After that, they can start by buffing it's hammer coefficients, giving it better stunbreak/stab access, giving it some amount of reliable cleanse. 

I can't stress enough though that Scrapper NEEDS changes to allow it to actaully function in melee range before they think about touching nades. If they don't want us permakiting with superspeed, give us the tools to actually fight other classes in melee range without running out of CDs or being blown up by stuns and conditions. 

i think i agree here.

• 2 weeks later...