renegade is underpowered; how about cripple on SB2 and remove energy cost from Orders from Above?

Eddie.9143

just a few small adjustments could make it playable, obv not meta over spb, virt, cata, scrapper, tempest, vindi, etc...but playable lol

also hate having 0 offensive capability after using a stun break. 

Edited by Eddie.9143
changed my mind about sum ish
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

understandably, nobody wants to return to the renegod days where you'd just press impossible odds and 11111 at people.
kalla as a legend is probably never going to be in a decent spot so long as the ghosts are attackable

needs mechanical changes more than anything which sucks, cause it's the only fun longbow/shortbow around imo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not even I, as a primarily Rev player, want Renegade to be a thing again and I dislike a lot how hard CMC has been pushing for it to be powerful again.
Same with Condi Herald 😶

Power Herald is just better and healthier gameplay for both the Rev player and their enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Not even I, as a primarily Rev player, want Renegade to be a thing again and I dislike a lot how hard CMC has been pushing for it to be powerful again.
Same with Condi Herald 😶

Power Herald is just better and healthier gameplay for both the Rev player and their enemy.

Neither rev players or GW2 players in general want healthy or "better" gameplay....or actually let me correct myself : GW2 players want "healthy gameplay" for the professions they don't play...not the ones they do, GW2 players want to win...they are not interested in challenging gameplay...they want to press 2-3 buttons and win while facetanking dmg with minimal or no effort

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

dang nobody likes renegade okay lmao

No...nobody except those playing it, love renegade, it's the epitome of busted gameplay, and it's more passive than anything currently in use....press pulsing stability utility....jalis elite...and press 1111-5-3, we had 1.5 years of rene meta....hope you enjoyed it,' cause we ain't going back

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's bad because there is officially too much projectile reflect in this game.

Same reason why DE is bad. Same reason why PD Thief is bad. Same reason why LB DH & Rifle War can't hit anything. Same reason why Rifle Engi is a complete liability in high tiers. Same reason why IH MIrage is just utterly useless at this point.

Ranger only gets away with LB and SB because it has GS and Torch for non-projectile and pets with melee, and even then it barely gets away with projectile use.

EOD brought in way too much extra anti-projectile bubbles, random mag aura spam, and a plethora of other random anti-projectile effects on random skills.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Same reason why DE is bad. Same reason why PD Thief is bad. Same reason why LB DH & Rifle War can't hit anything. Same reason why Rifle Engi is a complete liability in high tiers. Same reason why IH MIrage is just utterly useless at this point.

Ranger only gets away with LB and SB because it has GS and Torch for non-projectile and pets with melee, and even then it barely gets away with projectile use.

EOD brought in way too much extra anti-projectile bubbles, random mag aura spam, and a plethora of other random anti-projectile effects on random skills.

You're the only person in the game that has ever been "neutralized" by projectile denial...

Projectile denial didn't stop the renegade meta with 6 renegades out of 10 players in your dear MAT....maybe you can stop talking out of your behind...for once....and btw...GS on ranger is a thing...I dare to say this to the best ranger in the game 

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Same reason why Nade Engi is bad.... 

Edited by shion.2084
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

another possible buff,  have bloodbane path apply 2 seconds of cripple (sb 2)

and take the energy cost away from orders from above (20sec cooldown that gives 4 sec alacrity) 

these two will only help renegade and no other spec. also citadel bombardment sucks, i'd rather just have what vindi has, more dodge on demand. 

also needing to use all your energy to break a stun, or make sure you don't use any offensive abilities because you KNOW you're going to need energy for a stun breaks just sucks. either cut the cost in half, or remove the energy cost all together and give it a normal cooldown. 

fight reaper...get stunned, use stun break, get stunned again, swap legends, use stun break...great now i'm low on energy, in the wrong legend, and losing the fight. 

• Like 1

• Eddie.9143 changed the title to renegade is underpowered; how about cripple on SB2 and remove energy cost from Orders from Above?
14 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Projectile denial didn't stop the renegade meta with 6 renegades out of 10 players in your dear MAT....maybe you can stop talking out of your behind...for once

he literally said EoD brought a bunch of it, renegade hasn't been a thing since long before EoD lol
did u even read

anyways, you don't get to play the game whenever a tempest is in the match and you can't really hit a cata either, so that's gonna stop you from actually doing anything in a lot of games, and EoD skyrocketing mobility hurt its ability to skirt around fights which doesn't help either

but beyond that i think some cost adjustments to skills would get it into a decent enough spot considering how unlikely spec overhauls are at this point. everything's just so incredibly expensive compared to what herald/vindi need to throw out their stuff

• Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 3:13 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

understandably, nobody wants to return to the renegod days where you'd just press impossible odds and 11111 at people.
kalla as a legend is probably never going to be in a decent spot so long as the ghosts are attackable

needs mechanical changes more than anything which sucks, cause it's the only fun longbow/shortbow around imo

Kalla's attackable summons could work if they ran in to help as you summoned them instead of jut standing in one spot saying "you got this, I believe in you!"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Shortbow is spammy, spirit summons are loud and dumb. Fanclubs for these things tend to be... nieche.

Not really a fan of spirit summons for pvp, I don't really even use that legend. I use assassin and dwarf and play power not condi 

33 minutes ago, Anonynja.3172 said:

Your real complaint is with stunlocks and how stunlock deletes revenant due to our energy system. When most classes can chain one CC after another, the 40 energy cost combined with legend swap cooldown makes stunlock a hard counter to revs.

Which is okay on vindi with those insane dodges, and 3 heal spells, but not renegade 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Renegade is fine, just play condition for a bit. People are built for a power meta atm.

Condi doesn't work well with staff offhand, and when your bow attacks do actually land. You need them to do big damage fast cause ppl will cleanse those condis so fast these days.

6 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Condi doesn't work well with staff offhand, and when your bow attacks do actually land. You need them to do big damage fast cause ppl will cleanse those condis so fast these days.

I meant generally speaking. Play Conditions on just about anything else. Trying to buff it against builds that are just "countering" with projectile hate will only cause more issues because Renegade is not weak per say, the current options are just better against it.

People need to bring a shift by pushing new builds against the meta so that we can create a cycle and eventually Renegade will see itself brought back.

• Like 3

its as bad as any other projectile reliant build.
as long as 3-4 ele is meta no projectile based character will be viable
having 4 of these kittens just rotating swirling winds making entire area a no zone to projectiles perpetually is kind of cringe
and thats not even taking into account mag aura or cata elite resetting cd of swirling winds lol

• Confused 1