Wanting to step back into WvW (just roaming) and maybe try PvP. Where are the builds or what are people using?

Joxer.6024

Ok, so of course SC and LN are all about the raid builds and Hizen has the open stuff covered for sure. HS have a few builds and Metabattle, while having many choices, alot seem to be outdated. So whats my options for a SB roamer? What works and what stinks....

Cheers!!

29 minutes ago, Marthis.9814 said:

Hey there,
i play the condition trapper SB roamer build from metabattle and i really love it. Lots of dmg, survivability, cc and stealth. Imo the best SB roamer build out there atm, you should give it a try!

Here the build: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Trapper_SB_Roamer
Cheers!

yea I saw that one, will for sure give it a go now that I know peeps are using it. Cheers!!

You reckon full cele be ok for gear?

Edited by Joxer.6024

3 hours ago, Marthis.9814 said:

Hey there,
i play the condition trapper SB roamer build from metabattle and i really love it. Lots of dmg, survivability, cc and stealth. Imo the best SB roamer build out there atm, you should give it a try!

Here the build: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Trapper_SB_Roamer
Cheers!

I will second this build but extend it to Druid which sorely lacks Damage.

Using Glyph of the Stars into Ancestral Grace and then lay all your Traps is very fun for a Zerg clash. It's a bit of a different way to play over the more Root focused Druid. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ventress.4879 said:

I will second this build but extend it to Druid which sorely lacks Damage.

Using Glyph of the Stars into Ancestral Grace and then lay all your Traps is very fun for a Zerg clash. It's a bit of a different way to play over the more Root focused Druid. 

I typically play this thing when I'm on my ranger, works like a charm.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABwid/lFwCZesHGKeKXfPvCkWB-zVRYVxjN4zISVVvSBleIETC/TfHgF6/tAA-w

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Interesting rune choice. Never seen that one before. Does it only proc when breaking a stun?

It's difficult to say how it procs because I believe a bug prevents it from being listed in the combat log. That said I guess it triggers when breaking stun.

38 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

It's difficult to say how it procs because I believe a bug prevents it from being listed in the combat log. That said I guess it triggers when breaking stun.

Ok cool. I was just wondering if it also Proc'd when an ability with a stun break potential is merely triggered (not just used to break a stun) - ie classic Anet coding.

and is it a stun only? or KD / KB / Daze etc. Thier wiki is so sparse on details on some stuff.

Lord only knows how CMC effectively balances the game just using it, and nothing else.

I would test it... but dont want to spend the gold making the runes 😁

For WvW roaming I am using Mell.4873 's Untamed celestial build (axe + warhorn/hammer), with runes of the thief on the armor and a sigil of perception to build up precision. I don't have the post saved where he explained his exact playstyle, but basically you're just juggling stuns trying to keep the player target on lock down as much as possible. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEcEmosUWHrlxyOxS7ZN6Wi0jD-e

For PvP I use another one of Mell's builds (axe + warhorn/shortbow).  Again, you're juggling stuns. Mell explains the build here and herehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEcEWpsiMmXhrrjR11Oz1y7pNWliKHzbPA-e

• Thanks 1

I used to play PvP and WvW a lot, and quit for years until my kids got into GW2. I've been running almost the same build I did when HoT came out and I quit, which is just a celestial druid with staff and GS. It rocks in zergs for the healing and I run berserkers trinkets for roaming, it has GREAT mobility with QZ and the superspeed from druid plus 3 on staff and GS. I honestly don't see any problems at all.

I don't even know what the elite spec from the cantha expac is, but cele druid has been absolutely holding up, very few people give me trouble in 1v1s.

Oh wait edit: You also said PvP. I use the healing + power amulet for PvP. No idea what it's called but it got me to gold3 in the trials after not playing GW for several years, iiiiiinches off platinum on games I should have won. probly lost because of my own person rust. It's basically the same idea as cele.

Edited by Fluffball.8307
  • Confused 1

Please remember -- all builds can be tweaked.

If a build is good, but one or two utilities aren't working out -- first go look at videos.

Barring that, use other utilities or switch up the sigils to see if you can get more a flow in your rotation -- and by 'rotation',  I mean what you will know that most skills on cooldown are the ones to be picky about when using and "1" is sometimes your best friend after your burst is spent.

• Like 1

If going condi, trapper druid w/ Ancient Seeds is a solid choice. If DPS, def soulbeast imo (I run DPS druid myself  (Staff/LB) and have used the same build since HoT dropped, and while I have more success than failure by far, I would never recommend DPS druid myself to anyone as it lacks in damage compared to any other of the specs)

If you are roaming in WvW or doing sPvP then you need something that can kite.  Doesn't matter what way you do this as long as you learn the skill, because positioning can practically win you any fight.  

Also be mindful on both Druid and Untamed (and core if you really want to be hipster) your pet is your biggest liability.  Any opponent that knows what they are doing is just going to target the pet, and if they succeed you've lost a big utility/CC source.  

• Like 2