What Lies Beneath: you've got to be kidding me!

Just got a disconnect near the end during the Deep Trouble story mission on my eighth playthrough of the story and had to realize that I have to start it all over now.

Didn't ANet establish check points during story missions for this kind of thing? Or are resources running so low that they can't even do that anymore? :classic_huh:

Edit: Guys! Playthrough on my eighth character, not my eighth attempt of playing through the mission. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

The last time I had a disconnect in a story mission was years ago 

Your point being...? It happens rarely, but it happens. So the fact that this never happens to you means check points are no longer required?? 😂

Edit: I guess this needs some clarification on my part, so I edited my OP. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Your point being...? It happens rarely, but it happens. So the fact that this never happens to you means check points are no longer required??

That there are more important things. Story missions aren’t that long, so in the rare case someone gets a disconnect, replaying the instance is really not a big deal. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Just got a disconnect near the end during the Deep Trouble story mission on my eighth playthrough of the story and had to realize that I have to start it all over now.

Didn't ANet establish check points during story missions for this kind of thing? Or are resources running so low that they can't even do that anymore? :classic_huh:

Edit: Guys! Playthrough on my eighth character, not my eighth attempt of playing through the mission. 🤦‍♂️

It seems a checkpoint at the start of the boss fight would not have been a bad thing so you could at least skip the tedious bit before that part in case of a disconnect or crash or whatever.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

See I don't mind the request for checkpoints, because you know, I agree with them. I don't think having more checkpoints would be a bad thing.

By the same token, drawing the conclusion that they're not putting checkpoints in because of low resources is a silly conclusion to draw, because I can think of other possibilities that would change that narrative. If the OP had just said straight out that he wished there were more checkpoints in stories, there would be little backlash. Drawing a possibly unwarranted conclusion when you're annoyed at something seems to be something this community is good at. Why not just say what's wrong, and get people to agree with you, instead of making it combative?

In my experience most checkpoints are there so you can work on hard achievements without having to repeat the story, not for replaying the story in case you crash. Are there any hard achievements in this story?  If there aren't, maybe that's the reason no one put a checkpoint in a story?

OP, if you're looking for support on this forum, you're probably going about it the wrong way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

By the same token, drawing the conclusion that they're not putting checkpoints in because of low resources is a silly conclusion to draw

I was being snarkastic there.

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

It seems a checkpoint at the start of the boss fight would not have been a bad thing so you could at least skip the tedious bit before that part in case of a disconnect or crash or whatever.

Indeed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7