[Spoiler Alert] The Lore of "Deep Trouble" Mission

MarioDX.9423

The pact commander has traumatic memories of fallen comrades Eir and Almorra, but what about Trahearne? He has been a close ally and friend who sacrificed himself in the battle against Mordremoth, and ever since that his death has passed by as casually as a random kill in Queensdale

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarioDX.9423 said:

The pact commander has traumatic memories of fallen comrades Eir and Almorra, but what about Trahearne? He has been a close ally and friend who sacrificed himself in the battle against Mordremoth, and ever since that his death has passed by as casually as a random kill in Queensdale

You did not play knight of thorn did you?

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 8:15 PM, MarioDX.9423 said:

Similar to Hearts and Minds, if you never finished joining an Order in the personal story you'll meet Trahearne instead of an order mentor.

First hallucination: Forgal / Sieran / Tybalt / Trahearne

Second hallucination: Eir

Third hallucination: Almorra

• Thanks 1

Whereas it worked in Hearts and Minds, I agree with @MarioDX.9423 that Trahearne should have gotten his "own" trauma (so to speak) in the new episode. We could argue that Eir has been dealt with, as well, several times even and in the main story, not only hidden in a side story. I find the choice of traumas quite odd in the new episode.

Why still group Trahearne together with the mentors? The stories and circumstances were quite different.

Why Eir again? After all LS3 and even meeting her in LS4?

Almorra is fine, but did she really have that much of an impact on the PC?

What about Balthazar? What about the Realm of the Lost? Dragonstorm, even? Aurene's near death? So many options and we got... Eir and Almorra. Hm.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fenella.2634 said:

Whereas it worked in Hearts and Minds, I agree with @MarioDX.9423 that Trahearne should have gotten his "own" trauma (so to speak) in the new episode. We could argue that Eir has been dealt with, as well, several times even and in the main story, not only hidden in a side story. I find the choice of traumas quite odd in the new episode.

Why still group Trahearne together with the mentors? The stories and circumstances were quite different.

Why Eir again? After all LS3 and even meeting her in LS4?

Almorra is fine, but did she really have that much of an impact on the PC?

What about Balthazar? What about the Realm of the Lost? Dragonstorm, even? Aurene's near death? So many options and we got... Eir and Almorra. Hm.

Well, Trahearne has always had a mixed reaction from players. Maybe the writers are sensitive to that?

I can say between him, Almora, and Eir, I liked Almorra the most, and felt saddest at her death.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I too feel like the plot of us reflecting on deaths of these characters have been largely overused. We've already dealt with our order allies in HoT finale, we've had enough of Eir and as much as I like the character of Almorra, I've always felt that the Commander had little to do with her and her death (unless you chose Vigil and even then you didn't interact with her enough). There's also other characters such as Mai Trin that we could've spend a bit more time with.

But maybe they should've choose another thing for the Commander to grief? End of Dragons is literally about us fulfilling our ultimate destiny and the uncertainty of whatever we should do now that Elder Dragons are no more. It's about the tragedy of Soo-Won, about Aurene having to carry her weight now. Why isn't any of this in the story? Why wouldn't we delve into these things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1