How much am I missing by not having infusions?

captrowdy.9561

So on my reaper and spellbreaker I do pretty alright. I use exotic armor and weapons with ascended trinkits. If I add power infusions to just the trinkits will I notice anything? I guess I also need ascended weapons. How much am I missing out on? This is for roaming/small scale. 

• Like 1

TL;DR: 
Recommend at least putting WvW infusions on your current ascended Trinkets.

So you can get a cap of 20% dmg to guards/lords with the mastery fully upgraded.
There is 1% bonus dmg to guards/lords for each WvW infusion, max is 18 slots if I recall wiki data correctly.
138% dmg to guards, versus 120% dmg to guards, IS a pretty big number difference if u ask me, as its nearly doubling the bonus dmg.
(Maybe there are even more bonus dmg sources, but Im too new to know as of right now.)

Thats kinda a big deal for roamers, since you probably wont expect much support from your team, and must rely on your own dmg to blitz down an objective, capture it, then escape/move on asap.

In conclusion, not a bad idea to slot some infusions as they arent too expensive, and they do help.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974

I would definitely recommend putting infusions on your ascended trinkets. Also, you can attune the rings at the Mystic Forge. to get double infusion slots on each ring. So, that's 8 infusions = 40 Power and some extra damage to the NPCs. It's not going to make you unstoppable but it might help a bit, especially when roaming where you can safely assume the vast majority of other roamers you run into are going to be full ascended and fully infused.

Definitely worth working on an ascended main weapon next as that's something where you really will notice a difference.

21 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

So on my reaper and spellbreaker I do pretty alright. I use exotic armor and weapons with ascended trinkits. If I add power infusions to just the trinkits will I notice anything? I guess I also need ascended weapons. How much am I missing out on? This is for roaming/small scale. 

Roam with all my toons, just added some to two of them after 8-9 years of roaming. After making the Leggo gear recommend to my guildmates to save their tickets for Leggo armor considering the boon that the armory system added to WvW players. If you are only planning on two toons and aren't working down that route, its a small stat boost and can help against the NPCs, but I wouldn't call it a game changer. 

personally, statted infusions for me does quite alot, particularly the precise infusions, getting an extra 4-5% crit chance is actually a huge deal, specially for classes who have difficulty crit capping. i feel i'd get the same with expertise ones and to a lower extent boon duration.

other stats are good to have but i eprsonal feel those particular ones give best mileage.

its so sad that pve infusions are so expensive, i'd really love to bring that extra 4-5% precision into fractals.

i use wvw infusions like most everyone else. so if you have the laurels to burn i think its really worth.

specially on the classes you stated, warrior and necro.

used to be the case necro didn't need it but after heavy nerfs to death perception that isn't the case anymore.

guardians are really lucky they kept their 45%-55% bonus crit chance from traits. rev with their bonus 20%, etc. its a very big deal.

• Confused 3