Need help with a new level 80 open world firebrand build

ehgz.4306

I'm newish and have a lot of questions.

This is for open world mostly. I plan and using it to gather hero points, do world boss events, do the story, gather some better gear in verdent brink, etc.

I have to do this on the cheap, so I was thinking condi firebrand with dire and maybe rabid gear? I like firebrand because it's used most everywhere and I could get some experience with the profession.

I won't have any expertise so i'm hoping balthazar runes and the weapon sigils that give longer burning will help?

What weapons should I use? What utilities?

12 hours ago, ehgz.4306 said:

This is for open world mostly. I plan and using it to gather hero points, do world boss events, do the story, gather some better gear in verdent brink, etc.

I have to do this on the cheap, so I was thinking condi firebrand with dire and maybe rabid gear? I like firebrand because it's used most everywhere and I could get some experience with the profession. 

Dire, Celestial or Trailblazer would work perfectly. You can buy exotics of Dire at low cost, or get the armor chest from WvW and PvP reward tracks, or craft them. Balthazar runes are dirty cheap and perfect for pure condition damage, but Fireworks should also work very well with Celestial stats and would provide the quality of life of having a faster movement.

In terms of builds and weapons, there's plenty of options. The build from Hardstuck is solid, running axe + torch & staff to bring up support and quickness and oriented towards group events:

https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/guardian/booster-firebrand/

For solo I ran axe + shield & scepter torch for a while, but lately I just prefer axe + shield & greatsword:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc6FlVwqYdMM2IW2WfvUA-z1IY1o7/USQBkpQoCRQHSAFPLPKtBA-w

I still prefer condi Willbender for PvE (Dire + Trailblazer stats), because the insane burst of burns, whereas in WvW I run power Willbender (Marauder + Dragon), but Firebrand has more tools which means superior cc and the ability to reflect projectiles on demand with Valiant Bulwark.

Edited by Buran.3796

The above advice is all very good for a trying out FB. I will add that Runes of the Firebrand are another good option. These grant additional quickness duration, which gives the build more versatility by allowing you to switch out Feel My Wrath or Liberator's Vow (and Mantra of Solace) for something else when needed. A personal favorite swap of mine is Archivist of Whispers for extra tome versatility and Litany of Wrath for burst heals.