Do you like PvP more now or before EoD?

Sovarica.4368

Do you like PvP more now or before EoD?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Find PvP better now or before EoD?

• PvP is better after EoD
    • PvP was better before EoD

Yeah, just wondering it's something that's been bothering me lately ever since EoD came out PvP has become more unstable/broken and getting less and less fun especially conquest. I remember before EoD things were not perfect but at least  you knew what to expect with the balance it was like the classes had a better synergy between them to duel or have a mid  battle in the map but now with EoD damage is all over the place and is more unpredictable it's like the game was shaken too much that now it's become too random/chaotic and the charm of dueling or winning fights is lost.  It feels like these new classes don't blend too well with the old ones. It kinda makes me feel like I'd rather be playing the previous era expansions of PvP not sure if anyone feels the same but eh I might be a minority but wanted to speak my mind. I'm just throwing my thoughts out there of what you guys think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like more content, so I like what EoD brought.

However EoD brought in a massive amount of balance issues, and we aren't talking just class vs. class issues. We are talking macro level problems across all classes like mobility creep or too many boons, ect ect. These things changed a lot about how the game feels and quite frankly the game felt better before EoD.

But I do agree with Shao that these things could be balanced if Arenanet cared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It was nearly 5 years between PoF and EoD which is plenty of time for even Arenanet to do at least 10 balance patches at their current level of effort. I think it varies too much to say for sure. One big example would be the feb 25, 2020 patch because that drastically altered the pacing of the game and that came out between expansion releases.

EoD had a boatload of balance issues, it still does, but at least things die now. Before EoD; in the midst of the 2020 patch, it was fairly common for things to just not die.
So I'd call EoD an improvement overall in the lightest sense, only because what came before was bad enough to make it look decent and exciting by comparison. Maybe that was intentional?

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Like 3

EOD just increased the power level. Thankfully Anet is heavy on the nerfing so EOD specs aren't overbearing for long. 

At this rate, I figure we'd be back to POF balancing by the end of the year. Right before EOD, there was plenty of playable core builds. Now everything is elite specs, favorably EOD. 

the two specs i like to play the most are significantly more playable and enjoyable than they were before, so that's nice
but at the same time EoD brought a lot of things that also aren't very fun at all

at least spvp isn't celestial infested wvw tho, that's a nice positive

better now, not right after eod, but better now

cmc definitely doing good to pvp

no where close to good, because it has fall off so badly through out the years

but definitely better, now i'm actually having some fun, compared to pure frustration and unwilling to even log on last year and before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

EOD Just brought unkillable Vindicator era, then Bladesworn era, then Catalyst era, perma block, evades and invu Virtuoso aside the boon spam, block spam and tp spam on the rest of them.

But no, lets nerf Mech, Scrapper, Firebrand, Berserker, etc. 

Really EoD just ruinned pvp so hard. And the "balance" guy is clearly not helping

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/20/2023 at 10:56 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I enjoyed PvP a lot right before EoD. This opinion will always differ but I preferred the slower fights. 

Yep, I agree. This was the one window in between the launch of POF (Wasn't pvping before then) and today, that I've seen where balance was decent.

I can't speak to the early days of GW2, but post-EOD has seen significantly more diversity in builds/professions that are viable than the time that immediately preceded EOD. That's a very good thing, imo.

To be sure, there are still lots of balance issues, and they sometimes take longer than they should to be addressed. But ANet's attention to balance and attempts to revitalize neglected specs has been the best I've seen it since I started playing 2.5 years ago. So, while I'd say there's still plenty of room for improvement, there's also plenty of room for optimism.

• Like 1