Nerf Deadeye Thief or Buff Scrapper

August.5934

[Catastrophic Image]

I saw people kept complain about grenade scrapper on and on but who is complaing about thief? no one. Deadeye thiefs are just too insane to deal with. Yes, they be on stealth and one shot from far. Listen, you guys kept complaining about scrapper one shotting you from stealth which takes 60sec time to prepare while Deadeye thief can do it ANY give time while also stay very far.  Just Nerf Thief, also nerf stealth cronomancer while at it. I have to deal with deadeye thief alot as a scrapper but i got nothing left.

• Insane Mobility
  • Huge one shot damage
  • On Demand Stealth
  • High Evasion

While thief has this, they don't need much health when played right cause before they die, they ALWAYS take down lots of enemy team by one shotting. As a scrapper I am legit on wheelchair now cause now i can't even run away nor my hammers does high enough damage to pressure...

My Hammer Scrapper needs buff. Reduce Hammer's CD and please increase it's power coeffiecent.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 14

The only difference is. Deadeye is one targed while scrapper is aoe fields means multi targed. Buuut yes in 1v1 it is indeed a god (Deadeye) while on openfield. I think the only reason why no one Talks about it cause ...... it is Single targed/ fairly glassy/ does nothing but DMG/ can't hold a Point and need Open field to be effektive. While scrapper get Tons of hard AoE dmg (while Played on granades)/ AoE Team stealth/ AoE CC and for self Defence some projectilehate plus Superspeed. 

Buut indeed I Wish they would buff scrapper.... Not as a bruiser but as a supportish e-Spec means boons and slightly Power DPS xd!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

[Catastrophic Image]

I saw people kept complain about grenade scrapper on and on but who is complaing about thief? no one. Deadeye thiefs are just too insane to deal with. Yes, they be on stealth and one shot from far. Listen, you guys kept complaining about scrapper one shotting you from stealth which takes 60sec time to prepare while Deadeye thief can do it ANY give time while also stay very far.  Just Nerf Thief, also nerf stealth cronomancer while at it. I have to deal with deadeye thief alot as a scrapper but i got nothing left.

• Insane Mobility
  • Huge one shot damage
  • On Demand Stealth
  • High Evasion

While thief has this, they don't need much health when played right cause before they die, they ALWAYS take down lots of enemy team by one shotting. As a scrapper I am legit on wheelchair now cause now i can't even run away nor my hammers does high enough damage to pressure...

My Hammer Scrapper needs buff. Reduce Hammer's CD and please increase it's power coeffiecent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can agree that Deadeye damage is not on the right skill slots. Skirmisher shot deals way too much damage, is more efficient in initiative than Double Shot and includes effects as well.

Some of that damage really needs to be moved double or triple shot.

With that being said. The ability to double mark is quite toxic. That's about it with Deadeye.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Just Nerf Thief

Any thread that says "Just Nerf" anything with out a proposal on what is being adjusted does not qualify as a constructive post. So based on this alone I am going to vocally say I disagree with this. Scorching classes is never, never, NEVER, the route. You want adjustments? Great. Lets hear them. All I get from this post is you have challenges with Dead Eye Engagements. So work on that, or put effort into what you want to be adjusted and share it. No one at any point should be in favor of demolishing any class for the sake of it. It is A TERRIBLE mindset for this game. Also remember whatever class your having trouble with DE on is, might be working as intended. Not every class match up is supposed to be favorable for all classes. Otherwise your just asking for your class to be META while everyone elses is not. This is the only way your particular class feel favorable lined up against all other classes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Any thread that says "Just Nerf" anything with out a proposal on what is being adjusted does not qualify as a constructive post. So based on this alone I am going to vocally say I disagree with this.

I have stated reasons as to why to nerf Deadeye thief and what makes it so strong. So based on your answer alone i am going to physically write "Read again". 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, August.5934 said:

I have stated reasons as to why to nerf Deadeye thief and what makes it so strong. So based on your answer alone i am going to physically write "Read again". 😄

My dude you listed mechanics not reasons.

These are the things you listed:

22 hours ago, August.5934 said:
  • Insane Mobility
  • Huge one shot damage
  • On Demand Stealth
  • High Evasion
  • Mechanics of the class.:
  • Mobility 
  • Single Target Damage 
  • Stealth
  • High Evasion is just Mobility repeated in your list.  (These are class mechanics)

No where in your post did you suggest what the adjustments to these mechanics would look like in your post. You said 

22 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Just Nerf Thief

So what does nerf mean do you? Where would you like mobility decreased? What skills in your opinion give it to much mobility?  Do you want it removed all together? Are you suggesting that you want the class removed entirely? You want damaged reduced...? To what skills, and by how much? You want stealth reduced? How would you like it to be reduced? What stealth skills would you like to see adjusted?  They have high evasion, right... that's a core thief mechanic, and essentially the sum of the entire class - which it doesn't even do alone anymore with the mobility creep in the game, so if you reduce mobility and it has less sustain than almost any other class once its caught, what do you give to the class after its mobility is reduced? What would you like to replace the damage with? Based on your post I assume nothing which is ultimately what your asking for "Just a nerf" which again I say:

"No one at any point should be in favor of demolishing any class for the sake of it. It is A TERRIBLE mindset for this game. Also remember whatever class your having trouble with DE on is, might be working as intended. Not every class match up is supposed to be favorable for all classes. Otherwise your just asking for your class to be META while everyone else is not. This is the only way your particular class feel favorable lined up against all other classes. "

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

DE is annoying, but not broken enough to warrant a nerf.  

If it was WvW I'd agree with you, but circle quest balances them. 

Scrapper just needs a power budget re-adjustment. Less stealth. Less up front burst. More sustained dps and survivability. I've already hammered home how Anet could accomplish that in a dozen other posts so I won't repeat it again. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Noone's complaining about Thief? You might want to look a bit closer.

Thief, especially its Stealth, is one of the most complained-about things in sPvP.

Dare I say, thief is most likely not a problem at all except for the stealth mechanic. I used to be neutral on stealth, but now I think it should be GONE. Throw alacrity in there as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Dare I say, thief is most likely not a problem at all except for the stealth mechanic. I used to be neutral on stealth, but now I think it should be GONE. Throw alacrity in there as well.

Careful you're giving the devs ideas. If they rework specter to have a trait with "Stealthing allies gives alacrity" option(because you know, support spec lmao) - it will be your fault.

Hmm... this is actually a good idea. You have to watch revealed on your allies, troll the fight with non-stop detargets... look what you've done, now I want this. If fighting a deadeye is annoying, fighting against a semi-viable "stealth support" would make heads explode.

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Careful you're giving the devs ideas. If they rework specter to have a trait with "Stealthing allies gives alacrity" option(because you know, support spec lmao) - it will be your fault.

Hmm... this is actually a good idea. You have to watch revealed on your allies, troll the fight with non-stop detargets... look what you've done, now I want this. If fighting a deadeye is annoying, fighting against a semi-viable "stealth support" would make heads explode.

No no. You misunderstand. I believe stealth should be gone from the game. As in: no more stealth ever again.

Here it is in Spanish: no más sigilo

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

No no. You misunderstand. I believe stealth should be gone from the game. As in: no more stealth ever again.

Here it is in Spanish: no más sigilo

The point Bazsi.2734 tried to convey is that they may get ideas to implement the opposite of what some players propose.

So, your proposal of "no stealth and no alacrity" would be turned on its head and worked into a "more stealth, more alacrity" interaction.

On 3/22/2023 at 8:30 PM, August.5934 said:

[Catastrophic Image]

• Insane Mobility
  • Huge one shot damage
  • On Demand Stealth
  • High Evasion

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The point Bazsi.2734 tried to convey is that they may get ideas to implement the opposite of what some players propose.

So, your proposal of "no stealth and no alacrity" would be turned on its head and worked into a "more stealth, more alacrity" interaction.

Ah ok...

So I should be chanting "more stealth!1!" from the rooftops then...

Yeah, but see I'm an adult. I do adult-like things, like expecting better of a 'live service'.