thanks for the projectile bladesworn

Lighter.5631

i loved them making the skills into projectiles, its just the implementation, the coefficients and cast times are bad.

they wasted all that time and effort making something that has all the potential of being a good thing and making it bad.

i dunno whats going on back there. but the output certainly feels like such a waste.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Gunsaber feels clunky now. Part of it is the cast times. But I also think part of it is that they added random projectiles onto skill animations that dont match it.

I don't really see much benefit to the added projectiles. The potential extra uptime on at least partial damage is nice I suppose. But is it actually any good to sit at a range with it now? Honestly I havent tried.

The conditional damage loss is a good idea for balancing out the melee strike while still  allowing the ranged attack to be good on its own. But it feels a bit wierd. 

Blooming Fire is positioned as the weapon's "main damage skill" but doesn't really feel like it. Not sure what to think of the grenade it now tosses. Felt like it made more sense as an explosive strike instead of this weird melee/range hybrid.

I like the direction of Artillery Slash, and this skill obviously makes the most sense out of all of them as a ranged ability. But the count cooldown seems a bit long for what it is.

Cyclone Trigger could just be a 600 range PBAoE instead of awkwardly shooting 5 projectiles out. It doesn't match the 900 range of any of the other skills anyways. So why insist on keeping it as projectiles.

Not really sure what to think of it over all. The hybrid range is a neat idea, but the implementation leaves it in a weird spot.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The first thought when they added it was "great, more PvE oriented changes". I am sure if some non-autos were oriented like CoR on revenant hammer it would be better (see the DT reach).

@Arewn the point of the added projectiles is to make your DPS non-zero when you need to get off a target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

@Arewn the point of the added projectiles is to make your DPS non-zero when you need to get off a target.

that's what i thought too until i saw the cast time and coefficients live. 😑

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

i mean warriors pre bladesworn always had dps go zero when you get off a target, i dont know why it has to be different for bladesworn suddenly

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I’m happy with the new auto. I’m not happy with blooming fire, the cast time on artillery slash, or break step.

Make blooming fire pure melee, ramp up the damage, lower the cast time.

Lower the cast time on artillery slash.

Make break step 600 range and do damage at the end as well as the start.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I’m happy with the new auto. I’m not happy with blooming fire, the cast time on artillery slash, or break step.

Make blooming fire pure melee, ramp up the damage, lower the cast time.

Lower the cast time on artillery slash.

Make break step 600 range and do damage at the end as well as the start.

This. Exactly this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

i mean warriors pre bladesworn always had dps go zero when you get off a target, i dont know why it has to be different for bladesworn suddenly

Arenanet's addition of PvE "split mechanics" is counter to that. Even in the latest zone there is phase shifted. Also condi berserker uses longbow.
The fully melee specs are power spellbreaker (hammer, axes, GS, dagger mainhand) and power bladesworn (pre gunsaber change). Power berserker with axes / greatsword is melee as well but given its performance it is more for a lower intensity build than a top DPS pick.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yea thanks for the projectiles they have breathed new life into my Bladesworn along with other changes I made, and I can really see and tell the difference in game play

I am now being focused during fights compared to before when I was ignored and brushed off and wasn't really a threat to no-one.  

Now when I get ambushed I know it's due to the difference I can make in a fight and not because I'm just an easy bag.  The icing on the cake would be solving the constant rubber banding and disconnects plaquing WvW.  I can participate in a massive meta event (such as Drizzlewood Coast on a saturday) and have no problem but join a small a 3v3 or higher fight in WvW and start experiencing all kinds of problems as soon as I get a few hits off. Had the same experience approx. 3 months ago while experimenting with different foods. Started having a string of good luck earning WvW exp. then BAM, there goes my smooth connection.

I believe something fishy is going on. 

Besides that Bladesworn is alright with a few qol exceptions.

19 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

Just a way to keep kiters honest and make them work for their rewards like when they come up against another ranged character. Or do you think that's okay picking folks off from faraway while you're untouched out of melee range.

Warriors wear heavy armor they shouldn't run so fast slow them down, rifle piercing is too strong change it, rifle has too many bleeds get rid of it, warriors falling damage isn't fair ban it, warriors have too much stab get rid of it, cc shouldn't damage toss it, warriors burst is op tone it down, banners is too powerful, too mobile change them,

It's almost like a certain segment of our community can't get by without being coddled to. Just blah, blah, blah, humma, humma, help me, help me, I'm lost and need assistance.

Your answer above speaks volumes.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Confused 1

Its just so sluggish, just like the Engineer ifle. The damage is theoretically the same, but because there's longer aftercasts you need to cancel, less procs to sigils and traits and so on, it just doesn't work.

They really need to make it hit faster and flow smoother. I'm not going to complain too much about the projectiles considering Bladesworn themselves are a king of reflects in WvW almost on par with Guardian, so its a bit pot and kettle there.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

On 3/24/2023 at 1:41 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

The first thought when they added it was "great, more PvE oriented changes". I am sure if some non-autos were oriented like CoR on revenant hammer it would be better (see the DT reach).

Full melee specs exist in the game though.

It would be a really wierd direction to take the game's design if they decide melee doesn't exist anymore and every viable build has a significant range component.

I mean I guess we're kind of there already, many builds are partially range and a lot of fights are designed in a way that favors it. But I think this is a poorly thought out direction. It's another example of Arena Net stumbling into bad design because they weren't paying enough attention.

Are they going to take this in a terraria-esque direction, where every melee weapon in the game shoots out projectiles?

Is every sword auto-attack chain in the game going to have a 600 range flying slash or beam shoot out of it?

Or is every build going to include a range weapon on swap?

Dps uptime is a big part of any raiding scene. But if you (devs) eliminate melee builds in the process, I think you've made major mis-step.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:12 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Its just so sluggish, just like the Engineer ifle. The damage is theoretically the same, but because there's longer aftercasts you need to cancel, less procs to sigils and traits and so on, it just doesn't work.

They really need to make it hit faster and flow smoother. I'm not going to complain too much about the projectiles considering Bladesworn themselves are a king of reflects in WvW almost on par with Guardian, so its a bit pot and kettle there.

Yea... It is kind of sluggish at times, I guess I've gotten use to being ineffective in my game play and I'm a little overwhelmed with my new found effectiveness. I mean I was terrible in PvP an easy bag just waiting for someone to pick up. With the projectiles I'm now able to chase down kiters and be a participant in the infamous Pirate Ship Boon Ball Wars. But like you said it could use some smoothing out.