Next Alliances update?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-january-31-preview/

On the World Restructuring and Alliances front, we’re still diligently working on bringing those features to life. As we mentioned last year, we’re going to hold off on running additional betas until the Alliances feature is ready for live testing. We’re not ready to commit to a date for the first Alliances beta quite yet, but you’ll get a more comprehensive update on this from us in Q1.

...We’re not ready to commit to a date for the first Alliances beta quite yet, but you’ll get a more comprehensive update on this from us in Q1.

I thought I knew the answer but I wanted to be sure so I asked google, "When does the first quarter of 2023 end?"

The current quarter Q1, ends on 3/31/2023 in 6 days (4 business days).

Ah, that's when I thought the quarter ended. Will we hear something  in the next six days? I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

im still praying they suddenly announce its going live. 🤣 i have high hopes for this one. 🙏

Gawd, I hope they don't "suddenly announce" this one like they did the last beta. My guild was part of an Alliance that was almost 500 strong and was ready to go. Then we waited...and waited...and waited. Some folks left the game. A couple of guilds squabbled with each other and left the Alliance. Last week someone asked our guild leader about the current status of our Alliance. The answer was a shrug and simple "No one knows." The thing just sat there parked for way too long and gradually discombobulated apparently. I suspect ours is not the only Alliance that will need to be gotten back into shape when and if the next beta ever comes. It will truly be a mess if Anet doesn't give us all the time to get things back together.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Gawd, I hope they don't "suddenly announce" this one like they did the last beta. My guild was part of an Alliance that was almost 500 strong and was ready to go. Then we waited...and waited...and waited. Some folks left the game. A couple of guilds squabbled with each other and left the Alliance. Last week someone asked our guild leader about the current status of our Alliance. The answer was a shrug and simple "No one knows." The thing just sat there parked for way too long and gradually discombobulated apparently. I suspect ours is not the only Alliance that will need to be gotten back into shape when and if the next beta ever comes. It will truly be a mess if Anet doesn't give us all the time to get things back together.

ok i take it back. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

It will truly be a mess if Anet doesn't give us all the time to get things back together.

You will have to do like that Chinese artist. as the legend goes. The emperor had commissioned him a wonderful painting. So the artist replied that for a unique work of its kind he would need 10 years of work. The emperor gave him all the time and all the provisions for that long work. The emperor's representative passed by the artist every year to ask how the work was going.

And he replied punctually that the work was progressing very well. In reality, the artist only needed a few minutes of inspiration to create his masterpiece, the day before the deadline. And the emperor was thrilled with the result.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

You will have to do like that Chinese artist. as the legend goes. The emperor had commissioned him a wonderful painting. So the artist replied that for a unique work of its kind he would need 10 years of work. The emperor gave him all the time and all the provisions for that long work. The emperor's representative passed by the artist every year to ask how the work was going.

And he replied punctually that the work was progressing very well. In reality, the artist only needed a few minutes of inspiration to create his masterpiece, the day before the deadline. And the emperor was thrilled with the result.

Which, of course, is how no working artist works, ever.

18 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I thought I knew the answer but I wanted to be sure so I asked google, "When does the first quarter of 2023 end?"

Ah, that's when I thought the quarter ended. Will we hear something  in the next six days? I hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, since our after-the-holiday-break-update at the beginning of this year wasn't posted until February 13th, ArenaNet definitely has a different idea of "first quarter". The last thing in that roadmap is a May 2nd Profession Balance Update, so it looks like ArenaNet still defines "quarter" as three months, Februaryish, March, April and change? 

Then again, they say they'll by working on "what's to come in the second half of the year", so the month of June doesn't exist? Of course, that's Dragon Bash time, so maybe... Festival, doesn't need to be announced. But they did announce SAB as part of the upcoming Spring content....

Oh, I dunno. It's anybody's guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Which, of course, is how no working artist works, ever.

Some artists ''create'' that way too. In my life I have had the pleasure of knowing personally and very closely a great contemporary Italian painter. Salvatore Fiume. Take a look at his works on the internet. I can assure you that he painted huge canvases (3x2mt) in a few hours. For small paintings, a handful of minutes were really enough.✌️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Some artists ''create'' that way too. In my life I have had the pleasure of knowing personally and very closely a great contemporary Italian painter. Salvatore Fiume. Take a look at his works on the internet. I can assure you that he painted huge canvases (3x2mt) in a few hours. For small paintings, a handful of minutes were really enough.✌️

And yet, I'm confident he worked regularly to do that.

Yes, he may have spent a few hours creating the actual work, but that ignores the hours spent perfecting his craft and control and developing a thousand ideas that never saw an audience.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And yet, I'm confident he worked regularly to that.

Yes, he may have spent a few hours creating the actual work, but that ignores the hours spent perfecting his craft and control and developing a thousand ideas that never saw an audience.

Correct, after having ''created the work'' the painting remained there for days and weeks. to add a brush stroke here and there. until he was ''ready'' for Master.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And yet, I'm confident he worked regularly to do that.

Not to mention the money spent for paper and materials. As a practicing artist myself, let me tell you: it's a lot of materials. And they do add up!

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 8:53 PM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Just out of curiosity has anything been said about when the next Alliances beta is next or wvw update? I don't get on Reddit just asking out of curiosity if anyone has heard anything.🤔

I think the early announcement of alliances was a small social experiment. extroverts immediately began with great enthusiasm - to create alliances and make plans for world conquest. Introverts ignored and didn't change anything. after several years passed and constant complaining on the forum, now most of the extrovert alliances have long since disbanded and are also at war with each other. Nothing has changed for introverts. Gw2 as always. Moral: Sit back, relax and enjoy the game. And don't worry about things you can't change.

But actually these last few betas have been split by most servers...

• Haha 1