I miss stability on Crystal Configuration: Eclipse

jason.1083

I expect this to either get a very positive or an extermely negative feedback. But I confess, I miss it, and I'd love for it to be back.

Don't get me wrong, the barrier is good and all, and it can be very useful, but only in particular situations, only against crowds, which limits it's use considerably. That issue was present even in the earlier versions of this triat, but the fact that it granted stability to Corona Burst really pushed it. Even though it's unilkely I'd give anything to have it back, and I hope I'm not alone in this.

Here's a link to the version history of it, in case any newer Holosmith doesn't know what I'm talking about: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Configuration:_Eclipse/history

A lot of people would argue that it was OP but I respectfully dissagree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It is not OP but the older version was harder to maintain scholar uptime.

Although that is true in some situations, because again it falls under the metric of how many targets are there to hit with Corona Burst, because if that's just 1 target the barrier gain is not gonna be good enough to offset a base of 2x4 seconds of stability that ensures that the player can carry out a rotation without CC interuptions, without being forced to bring Elixir U or Elixir B. It makes for a more fluent rotation that includes stability.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I expect this to either get a very positive or an extermely negative feedback. But I confess, I miss it, and I'd love for it to be back.

Don't get me wrong, the barrier is good and all, and it can be very useful, but only in particular situations, only against crowds, which limits it's use considerably. That issue was present even in the earlier versions of this triat, but the fact that it granted stability to Corona Burst really pushed it. Even though it's unilkely I'd give anything to have it back, and I hope I'm not alone in this.

Here's a link to the version history of it, in case any newer Holosmith doesn't know what I'm talking about: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Configuration:_Eclipse/history

I miss it aswell, miss the old 3 mines on dodge too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I'd love it if they brought it back because it could help revive the old tools/explosives build that died when Reactive Lenses was reworked.

• Thanks 1

I would prefer to see more stability access on scrapper as our supposed bruiser elite spec.

I see holosmith more as a skirmisher, someone who quickly maneuvers a fight and deals explosive damage, but is vulnerable to getting locked down and bursted in return. I like it this way.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I would prefer to see more stability access on scrapper as our supposed bruiser elite spec.

I see holosmith more as a skirmisher, someone who quickly maneuvers a fight and deals explosive damage, but is vulnerable to getting locked down and bursted in return. I like it this way.

I get the idea, but I can't help but point out that even though Holosmith as a specialization was dps from the beginning, it has a lot of sustain potential. From its traits and skills, it has condition cleanses, damage reduction, barrier spam, and passive healing from heat therapy. While also having all the damage increases from the heat level, great might uptime and excellent CC. To me Holosmith is a jack of all trades spec that's being balanced out by the intensity it requires to actually preform in any of its uses. Which is what Engi is all about anyway. So stability native to the spec synergizes with it's multi use functionality, but as it stands now Holosmith is the only Engineer spec (including core) that doesn't have access to stability from it's own traits/skills. 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 4:24 AM, Atmaweapon.7345 said:

It never should have been removed in PvE. It definitely needs to come back and give Holo *some* sort of justification to use outside of dps training dummy scenarios.

Thas's basically what I'm saying, Holosmith follows the core logic of having situational skills/traits, that are tricky to use to their full potential. But it was always pushed as a pure dps spec, so it wasn't fine for it to have good sustain.

On the other hand it's totally ok to have specs that have both their damage through the roof while being effectively unkillable more often than not, and while not having any caveats like Holo does with the overheat mechanic.

• Like 1