Good learning build for weaver

Infinity.2876

I want to get a good on ramp build for weaver that can teach me how to use the spec to its full potential. I'm not looking for a complicated build but I want to be able to translate my knowledge to more powerful and complex builds.

Also does anyone know a good build for weaver that can use all attunements fairly well?

What I have right now is a scepter build using weavers prowess.

Thanks.

Condi scepter and power sword are meta and both are relatively low-complexity, especially if you don't take weave self.  The higher complexity builds are less powerful at the moment.  That would be builds like condi sword or dagger with weave self.  You would tend to utilize more attunements with these builds, but purely in terms of results, you're better off sticking with condi scepter.

• Like 1

Not sure what game mode you're referring to.  But, "simple" and "weaver" don't really go that well together.  Now, while I'm running around the overworld solo on weaver, I use something like this.  You don't have to adhere to it strictly, but know that it is a Fresh Air build.  The utilities can be whatever you want them to be, switching out offensive ones for defensive ones as the situation demands.  Generally I keep Arcane Shield over Arcane Blast, because long-term Blast adds very little DPS to Weaver.

The rotation of the build can be quite extensive while listed out, but in general you'll be going through 4 big steps.  

1. Start in Air.  Use Sword 3 and then swap to fire.
  2. Use All DPS skills left to right, then (Sword 2, Sword 3, Dagger 4), then swap to double fire.
  3. Continue using all DPS skills left to right (literally all of them).  Then swap to.Water.
  4. Use Twin Strike while mashing Air Attunement to double-attune to air.  Repeat the process.

Note about step 3 is that, while water is the one you'll generally swap to, you can also swap to earth and use Lava Skin instead of Twin Strike.  If you have Weave Self up and want to get Perfect Weave, you'll want to go into Earth at least once while going through all of that.  The broad strokes is basically you attune, use skills going from left to right, and then repeat the process.  For all of the DPS utility skills, you'll want to use Primordial Stance and Arcane Blast while attuned to double fire, and Glyph of Storms while being attuned to either Air for large targets, or fire for smaller targets/groups.

And now the part where it gets a bit more complicated.  What I listed up there is the barebones rotation, but it doesn't really explain why it is that I use Fresh Air instead of Bolt to the Heart.  With Fresh Air, if you need to swap into Water or Earth prematurely for some reason, you can immediately access off-hand skills, and also immediately double-tap back into air for greater DPS.  You'll want to do this for two reasons.  First, Sword 2 in Water and Earth are both evasion skills, which should be used as a last resort ideally but it is still nice to have them available.  Second is the lengthy CC rotation accessible to via Fresh Air.  Fresh Air sword weaver, contrary to many other builds, has excellent breakbar potential if you do it right:

1. Attune to Earth, then quickly attune to Air.  You should be sitting in Earth - > Air. 
  2. Use the skills in the following order:  Gale Strike - > Earthquake - > Polaric Leap -> (Attune to Air) - > Updraft.

Gale Strike has to come first, because it has the longest animation time.  Taken together this will do 657 defiance bar damage while likely inflicting 5 additional seconds of weakness.  I use this combination to solo Wyverns.  The final thing that I'll mention is the Earth starter.  While starting in Air is great for doing damage, Sandstorm via Glyph of Storms is the most powerful defensive ability that Ele has against non-defiant enemies.  IF you want to open against a group of enemies that you want to blind, start in Earth/Earth and go through the following rotation:

1.  Use Sandstorm, then Rust Frenzy.
  2. Swap to Fire in the midst's of Rust Frenzy, then use all weapon skills left to right.  This will also blast plenty of might.
  3. Swap to Double Fire, then continue as normal from there.

I could write down my WvW stuff, but my WvW is a bit controversial.  

By looking at your post & build i've got literally no idea what you're aiming to achieve with that build. We dont know what gamemode/style you play, your exp level, access to specific armorsets etc etc. There are enough websites with buildguides out there, hardstuck, guildjen, discretize, snowcrows, metabattle etc etc. Just take a look on any of these sites to find an interesting build that suits your playstyle.

I'm mostly looking for ow pve I don't do fractals and I have my legie amulet and backpack. I usually play tempest because I have great tenacity for ele and some of its longer cast times. I usually use either metabattle or hardstuck for builds but metabattle hasn't been updated in a while and hardstuck isn't great for learning as it focuses on optimal dmg and sustain outputs not building for difficulty. 

44 minutes ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I'm mostly looking for ow pve I don't do fractals and I have my legie amulet and backpack. I usually play tempest because I have great tenacity for ele and some of its longer cast times. I usually use either metabattle or hardstuck for builds but metabattle hasn't been updated in a while and hardstuck isn't great for learning as it focuses on optimal dmg and sustain outputs not building for difficulty. 

Try this one.