What is a good class for solo queue?

Riranor.6315

Hi everyone, I am a Mesmer and Thief main in WvW for roaming and enjoy them in sPvP as well. I am currently on a losing streak in sPvP though and am taking a break, and wanted to ask for some build support. I have ran builds from metabattle but they feel outdated, I have ran chronobunker duelist, power chrono shatter, daredevil d/p, and deadeye rifle. I understand DD D/P is supposed to be very good but I main deadeye in the other content I play and don't feel like i do enough damage on D/P to even plus 1. I have considered putting in serious practice to it BUT I don't think it's quite a class that can help carry in solo queue. I find a lot of the times what happens if I go thief, when I go to +1 they're already losing the fight, but if I was there from the start no one would've gotten home. On mesmer I try to join the fight right away, and after winning the initial fight it's hard to hold the side nodes. I know my playing isn't perfect, but I also recognize some situations i can't help as a thief or mesmer. I was hoping for information to prefect performing bad practice and picking up worse habits. I should put my effort into learning a class that is a boon to have no matter the situation or rest of the party comp, but the builds feel outdated. What is a good class to pick up that can help carry team fights primarily? I considered Scrapper but that feels morel ilke a cheese strat then anything else.

Instead of what metabattle builds you have tried, list the builds and specializations you were most comfortable playing in WvW. Then maybe someone with extensive knowledge on similar stuff in PvP can help connect the dots to get you on track in the most effective way. Otherwise you'll just get lots of "play this spec because I get beat up by it lots". 

4 hours ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

Instead of what metabattle builds you have tried, list the builds and specializations you were most comfortable playing in WvW. Then maybe someone with extensive knowledge on similar stuff in PvP can help connect the dots to get you on track in the most effective way. Otherwise you'll just get lots of "play this spec because I get beat up by it lots". 

I play a lot of Deadeye and virtuoso/mirage when roaming, healbrand and ventari for zergs. Virtuoso is celestial/tank unkillable strats which doesn't exist in spvp.