[Bug] Certain skills with the attribute "Combo Finisher: Whirl" do not finish the correct number of times!

Dear Arenanet!

It's been a while, so I'd like to report this bug in what is hopefully the correct channel 🙂

https://imgur.com/a/PYjalDA

As displayed in the table in the image (I did not make the table), ever since some patch between August 17th, 2021 and September 24th, 2021 (I suspect it is September 21st), the skills displayed there do not whirl the correct number of times.

They still do the correct number of hits, but

Mesmer - Focus 5: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 12

Guardian - Greatsword 2: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 3

Daredevil - Staff 2: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 3

Thief - Dagger/Dagger 3: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 3

Reaper - Greatsword 3: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 6

Warrior - Greatsword 3: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 3

Tempest - Overload Fire: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 7

Elementalist - Fiery Greatsword 3: 1 Whirl Finisher instead of 3
are applying the incorrect amount of whirling finishers. Before that patch 1.5 years ago, the number of whirling finishers used to match the animation and number of hits, but now they no longer match either.

How to reproduce the bug:

1. Go to a target dummy with large enough hitbox.

2. Place a combo field like ethereal (this makes it the easiest to spot the issue, because none of those skills natively apply confusion, so counting confusion stacks will automatically count the number of successful whirls). Some classes will need an ally to place the combo field.
3. Use the skill in question while standing inside the hitbox, to ensure all whirling strikes are going to hit the target.

4. Count the number of confusion stacks applied.

If it is bugged it will be just one stack of confusion for all the skills listed above.

Note: This method might not work for a Tempest overload, as its overload automatically places a firefield, so you may not spawn Confounding Bolts with it. Other methods may need to be employed to verify the interaction.

I would really appreciate if these issues could be resolved. It's been 1.5 years and I think it's high time to tackle what should be a relatively minor thing.

Thanks for all the work you do, people at Arenanet!

PS: Bonus Image: https://imgur.com/a/XBlthEh We were so close to a fix half a year ago.

Edited by REMagic.8937
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...