[Suggestion] SAB QoL: a way to trade in baubles at the start of each zone, starting from W1Z2.

MithranArkanere.8957

One of the things that break the pace of a SAB run the most is having to leave after each zone to cash in baubles when the cap is reached, to avoid wasting those baubles. 

Players can avoid wasting baubles by leaving and trading them after the load of the next zone, but to do that they have to do 2  additional map loads every time they do that. 

And if they are playing with friends, it's more annoying as they have to wait around for each other's additional map loads.  

If there was a coin vending machine or NPC trading all your baubles for coins at the start of each zone, starting with W1Z2, players would be able to turn in those bubbles essentially the same way, at the start of each zone, just without those extra map loads and friends having to wait around.  

These machines or NPCs would stop working after the first checkpoint is crossed, so players can't go back to the entrance once they have started the zone, to keep the wallet capacity upgrades still meaningful. 

This would simply allow players to do what they can already do now, with fewer map loads. 

---

If this was also added to Zones 1, it could be used to allow for a 'full run', without going back to the hub, loading each Zone 1 after the previous Bonus Round, as players would not need to go back to the hub at all. 

There could be a timer at the end of each Bonus Zone after the Exit Dungeon icon appears.  Those who stay would move to the next world.  Then players would be able to turn in their baubles at the coin trader at the start of the next Zone 1. 

Of course, it's still healthier to take a break every 70-90 minutes. But sometimes you want to be able to make a true 'full run' for streaming and charity, or a guild event and the like.

• Thanks 2

How do you get 750 baubles in 1 zone.

Let alone 250 to fill up the starter bag.

You can unload the baubles before you start your world 1 by depositing them in your bank.

You can then still buy bauble baubles with those when you exit a zone.

If played in a group they dont have to wait for you, they can start the zone and you will load in at what ever checkpoint they manage to reach.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How do you get 750 baubles in 1 zone.

Let alone 250 to fill up the starter bag.

You can unload the baubles before you start your world 1 by depositing them in your bank.

You can then still buy bauble baubles with those when you exit a zone.

If played in a group they dont have to wait for you, they can start the zone and you will load in at what ever checkpoint they manage to reach.

A player needs several runs to get all baubles in W1Z3. 

I just got 799 in a W1Z3 run. Grabbed 750 from chests and digging and the like, then dropped 1, and gabbed another 50, as grabbing 5-50 at a time which bypasses the cap. And there were still several 50-bauble chests left. I'll have to wait for a 999 bauble purse to be able to do a real full W1Z3 run. 

And none of the SAB tokens go into the bank. Not baubles, not bubbles, nor coins. You have to leave after loading W1Z3, W2Z1 and W2Z3 to unload baubles if you don't want to waste too many bubbles you can get on your way from all the chests and digging spots. It's that or having your purse already full whenever you grab more baubles.

But you are missing the point. This post isn't about a single zone, or asking about how to avoid losing those baubles. We already know a workaround. 

This is about replacing that annoying workaround with a QoL feature that would let players skip the extra map loads to 'cash in' their baubles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I’d be open to this. Or even have the shops able to sell bauble baubles for baubles. That would fit thematically too.

I just noticed W3Z1 actually has a vending machine at the start that opens a vendor tab to trade baubles for coins.

Unfortunately, it trades 50 baubles for a coin, making its vendor tab pointless.

But if this vending machine was added to each map, and it had an extra vendor tab available before reaching the first checkpoint where players can trade 10 baubles for 1 coin, then that'll do the trick.

12 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

If w3 has it, it could be a precursor to a future wider role out in coming years

W3 likely has it because it's a 'test zone'. and it doesn't have checkpoints like the other existing zones.

The vending machine also allows teleporting to the last checkpoint. That feature would not be part of what I meant, since you have /gg for that in other zones.

It would be okay to add t his. For most normal runs not necessary though. After doing all the achievements that need you to go out of the normal way to search for stuff ... I basically now do mainly the  normal run quickly towards the boss. Then exchanging after one world is enough. Not getting that much. (I am mainly after the bauble bubbles from the last chest.) The tribulatin mode has more (lots of normal ones with the last chest as well.) But there I always leave to take a break - usually.

Another option would be to allow to offer to zone out to the hub (with the traders) while checking the zone as  complete (for achievements) - if you finished a zone. (Saving one load screen.) Since they have the limit to how many baubles you can carry ... they probably don't want you to trade them back and forth. At least not in the earlier zones. I wonder if this really adds that much to "difficulty" and if it could not be just removed completely though. With auto-converting to bauble bubbles and if needed breaking down a bubble to baubles again.

One time vendor at the beginning and/or only into one direction (into bauble bubbles or other items)  also seems okay I think. To be honest: I liked that I could reset the lives to 99 without having to all use them up to end at the death screen with moto. The coin machine was nice in W3Z1.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1