First chainmail bikinis and tattoo armor, now long boots? [Merged]

I rather thought that the Profane armor set was the fetish gear?
The women's version of profane pants:  Leggings with little belts, and a hand width of bare upper thigh. 
Some proper thigh-high boots, that don't overwrite pants, would be nice.

Hell! Give me the profane armor set without all of the little belts!  That would be a skin edit that I would happily spend money on!

Edited by Zebulous.2934

I second this thank you! These are incredible. Long and short, I love them both. I didn't even know these were arriving today and it was an immediate buy as soon as I logged in. No hesitation.

If Anet were to release more gear along the same aesthetic......

Edited by LameMule.4137
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

this is the way, been waiting for pants/leggings like this for years, specially us charr, heavy armor users, i don't even care that it covers my savage scale undies, snatched these bad boy boots up soon as i saw em, tvyvm anet. 😁💕

now, cuddly cat mascot outfit when? 😎

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

40 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

The design is really nice but why do they come with pants?
Please separate those into the appropriate leg armor section instead of enforcing pants for boots

i actually bought them specifically for the pants 😎💕

but i would'nt mind if they seperate the pants from the boots. 🤔

in the end i'm just happy these are in the game, i've been waiting for something like em forever. 😁

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i actually bought them specifically for the pants 😎💕

but i would'nt mind if they seperate the pants from the boots. 🤔

in the end i'm just happy these are in the game, i've been waiting for something like em forever. 😁

I mean fair enough if you like them. I don't mind the pants design either but I just think players should be given the choice to use the pants or not

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

I mean fair enough if you like them. I don't mind the pants design either but I just think players should be given the choice to use the pants or not

I agree.

When I realised it hid your actual leg armour I thought it could be good for light/heavy armoured characters who don't have many choices for plain trousers, but I can't think of any times I'd want plain trousers and those boots. I'm sure some people do, but for me it doesn't really work.

It would be nice if we had the option to have the boots and whatever leg armour we've actually chosen so there's more versatility.

• Like 3

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to First chainmail bikinis and tattoo armor, now long boots? [Merged]
20 hours ago, anninke.7469 said:

Too bad the higher boots are attached to pants. I think I'll buy anyway but I'd prefer to have the pants as a separate skin.

So, so much this.

I love the long boots. But I dislike the very basic and shiny pants that come with them, and I'm not a fan of the short boots all that much.

If I could have the long boots without the pants, it would be a 100% instant buy. But as is, I've yet to buy.

• Like 2

I just previewed these on a charr and noticed that the long boots also cover their tail in a similar style to the boots, which not only looks cool but also justifies hiding the leggings. (One of my charr wears medium armour

I'm still not sure I want them, but it's a good reminder for me that I need to preview things on different races before making my mind up.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I just previewed these on a charr and noticed that the long boots also cover their tail in a similar style to the boots, which not only looks cool but also justifies hiding the leggings. (One of my charr wears medium armour

I'm still not sure I want them, but it's a good reminder for me that I need to preview things on different races before making my mind up.

I wasn't going to even consider these, but read your comment and was curious.  They look surprisingly cool on a charr.  More of a rock vibe as opposed to fetish.  The tail wrap is rather nice and leaves the tuft.  So now I own a pair of chain long boots and they look very awesome on a couple of my characters who were looking pretty bland.  💙

• Like 2

Idk if anyone already said it, maybe I missed it but did you notice that pants are shiny but slowly goes full matte? I am not sure why but it always happens after I use WP, they get shiny then matte and stay matte, so weird. I use max settings so maybe you will not see it on lower settings. 

Edit: I was also thinking its the lighting but its not. 
Edit2: I will edit this again then because someone deleted my post with the screens for whatever kitten reason...seriously...deleting post that was trying to show what is broken
https://imgur.com/pQ7q1Iy
https://imgur.com/QvDYInX

Edited by Cernoch.8524

On 4/6/2023 at 3:25 AM, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

They wasted all the sexy budget on the tattoos and bikini armor.

They are certainly more revealing but I personally wouldn't call them sexy.

---

I did some research on existing skins trying to find a technical reason why they might've done this but honestly I couldn't find one. There are more over-knee boots that exist in game, so they could've separated the pants from the boots.

One thing I could think of is that it might clip badly with heavy armor leggings in particular and to avoid that discussion they might've decided to make the leggins part of the long boots visually. But even that would be a stretch. I mean there are more things that clip horribly after all.

I purchased this package because I thought the thigh boots would cover some armour skins where a leg skin finishes too high and leaves gaps. These would have been perfect as they are high enough.

Yes I previewed the boots but thought  the pants were from from my current armour.  So after buying this package I went to wardrobe to change my look and was shocked to see that the Rebel Long boot include that pants skin that overrides any other leg skin. This is not something that has occurred often?/at all, so I had no expectation to look for it. I expected that both skins would only adjust the boots like other gem store  footwear.

As the package is a skin which is unlocked in my wardrobe I can't go to support and request a refund, I feel I have been misled.

It would have been smart to show the long boots with attached pants in the graphic and  list the rebel long boots as having a leg skin., so nasty surprises for purchaser.

It would be even better to have both the long boots and short boots as a boot skin in addition to both with trousers attached.

Please add to the package the long boots without any trousers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5