Jump to content
  • Sign Up

It‘s time..


asket.5674

Recommended Posts

I main charr and even I agree their WWE theme song would probably be the Tom Jones song. The one from the Garfield movie. Anyway, I'm losing track and being Guild Wars racist, onto the point:

 

DuoQ is the worst part of Ranked and merged queues don't belong in Ranked PvP or any competitive setting ever.

Merged queues are a vehicle for match manipulation, an excuse for the do-nothing top players in this game to 💩talk from behind the safety of, and are not competitively viable no matter what game or sport you're playing.

 

Also anyone who defaults to the "I just want to play with friends" excuse is a liar being about as fair as DuoQ itself.

I'd like to believe its time for some kind of change, but you'd think that would have happened some time between late summer of 2018 (when DuoQ was readded) and now; nearly 5 years later, its hard to believe they have any intention of ever changing it. Not trying to sound cynical, but I consider the preponderance of false hope to be cruel.

Overall it kinda feels like DuoQ is the hill Arenanet has chosen for PvP to die on. More than happy to sit back and let it happen, just like some of the two-faced streamers who helped bring us to this level in the first place.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2023 at 6:27 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I main charr and even I agree their WWE theme song would probably be the Tom Jones song. The one from the Garfield movie.

Highly disagree.

If I were Vince McMahon and I had to engineer a WWE Charr Superstar, he would enter the arena wearing shaded sunglasses, wearing a tiger patterned speedo, with a bath robe on. He would be cast to act as overly egotistical with a lot of machismo, come out flexing and giving the women in the audience attention, and he would obviously enter to Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Highly disagree.

If I were Vince McMahon and I had to engineer a WWE Charr Superstar, he would enter the arena wearing shaded sunglasses, wearing a tiger patterned speedo, with a bath robe on. He would be cast to act as overly egotistical with a lot of machismo, come out flexing and giving the women in the audience attention, and he would obviously enter to Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.

Mmhm, the women's attention. 

Great idea btw, You or Anet should totally get on that. 🍵

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They say more game modes would make the population worse cuz it divides what's there. However in reality, New game modes will bring in hoards of people. New and old to try out what's new. If the mode for the population is nonexistent you can always remove it. 

Look at strong hold. Every person I ever played with hates strong hold.  I hate strong hold. It probably can be removed and no real consequences will happen with pvp. It might just make those people who like to bunker it out, turn to conquest once again.

More game modes = more population.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

They say more game modes would make the population worse cuz it divides what's there. However in reality, New game modes will bring in hoards of people. New and old to try out what's new. If the mode for the population is nonexistent you can always remove it. 

Look at strong hold. Every person I ever played with hates strong hold.  I hate strong hold. It probably can be removed and no real consequences will happen with pvp. It might just make those people who like to bunker it out, turn to conquest once again.

More game modes = more population.

I like Stronghold....🥺😥

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Highly disagree.

If I were Vince McMahon and I had to engineer a WWE Charr Superstar, he would enter the arena wearing shaded sunglasses, wearing a tiger patterned speedo, with a bath robe on. He would be cast to act as overly egotistical with a lot of machismo, come out flexing and giving the women in the audience attention, and he would obviously enter to Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.

 😂Listen; when you right, you right

Seems a bit too cool for a godless race like Charr but still, dibs on Chulk Chogan, if anyone steals 😤

11 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Some people actually do have friends, you know. Try to empathize. 

You will forgive me if I take a 5 minute break to have an existential crisis. This is something I did infact not know, this is my very first time hearing it. I will try to fight through the culture shock to express some degree of empathy that we on the Gw2 PvP forums are known for.

I suppose this is true; yes, that some people do have friends. All I know for sure is that none of them are DuoQs because DuoQs only play with a friend and not "friends."

It also also possible for multiple things to be true at once. Like yes; people do have friends. There exists people too who don't have friends, but do possess the egotism necessary to pretend they do in order to exploit a situation in their advantage. Look at the leaderboards since Season 13 and tell me that doesn't happen here.

 

It's really not hard to separate the liars from someone being genuine. Someone like the OP who wants 4v4 DuoQ is being genuine because they understand that the desire to play with friends doesn't remove or change the need for fair, equal competition.

Whereas anyone advocating for mixed solo/duoQ is very likely a liar seeking the raw advantage above all else since the advantage is with the DuoQ in the current solo/duo setting. If they point to the population as to why it has to be that way, then they're not only liars, but superliars.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2023 at 3:27 PM, asket.5674 said:

…to make 5v5 complete random and give the duos a 4v4 mode and a separate leaderboard. Having enough of that pussycat stuff. 

You know what? Good idea!

While you're at it, bring back Courtyard and put it in all the queues. Ooh ooh...and throw in an empty pvp arena as well..

  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You know what? Good idea!

While you're at it, bring back Courtyard and put it in all the queues. Ooh ooh...and throw in an empty pvp arena as well..

Bad troll is bad; afraid of some real competition i guess.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2023 at 2:49 AM, asket.5674 said:

Bad troll is bad; afraid of some real competition i guess.

Oh right! The "real competition" like everybody duo queueing and copying the latest perma-boon, perma-mobility build of the month! Pfftt...why didn't ya say so!

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
add
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Oh right! The "real competition" like everybody duo queueing and copying the latest perma-boon, perma-mobility build of the month! Pfftt...why didn't ya say so!

Get over with it, every mmorpg pvp mode has a meta wheel that spins, and in GW2 we can be really happy that there are so many meta specs spread all over the professions. Its far worse, non diverser and staler in other mmorpgs.


But yeah its just clear that you enjoy stomping randoms with the one friend you have.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, asket.5674 said:

Get over with it,

Oh, I'm already over it! mmos, that is.

37 minutes ago, asket.5674 said:

every mmorpg pvp mode has a meta wheel that spins,

Yeah, that's the problem! That's why I stopped playing them! mmorpgs are garbage when it comes to anything multiplayer. All of them. Too much BS and too much variables to account for. I've yet to see ONE compete with battle royales and FPS's. mmorpgs are done, dude.

37 minutes ago, asket.5674 said:

and in GW2 we can be really happy that there are so many meta specs spread all over the professions. Its far worse, non diverser and staler in other mmorpgs.

So, basically: "Be grateful! We're not as bad as they are!" Yeah...real convincing there...

37 minutes ago, asket.5674 said:


But yeah its just clear that you enjoy stomping randoms with the one friend you have.

Yes, the one invisible friend, I have. I'm currently patting him on his invisible shoulder...

Come on, man....

Gaaaah....I love the forums lmao!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@asket.5674 i mean technicaly you are right. But If you See close you will notice its still only 3 (Up to 4) different classes while 2 are Just the Same class (before it was 4 Builds but 1 class only kekw)

Well if you mean s tier builds sure, but there are some very viable a tier builds too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...