Graphics resolution question

Ok, so gaming PC took a dump so in the meantime back on good ol faithful HP desktop. It has an Nvidia GT 730 and for the most part my game runs fine, with a few tweaks. But what I am struggling with is the "proper" resolution to use. I am using fullscreen and tried the low 1040 one but character was just a tad odd shaped.....fps jumped but meh. Using 1680x1050 and it seems ok but does anyone have suggestions for lower cards and a decent fps? 

Well if it's an ancient HP desktop with a GT730, it probably come with a proprietary PSU meaning you are pretty much limited to stock specs. You need to look at what wattage it can provide - or if it even has a PCIe 6 or 8 pin plug for a powered graphics card. Or if a larger card can fit, a GT730 is probably the size of your phone compared to an RTX4090 that will punch through a concrete floor if you drop it.

In terms of what one can recommend to replace it... yeah... according to userbenchmark, even an old crappy GTX1650 or RX6500 is about 800-1000% faster in terms of raw performance (obviously GW2 isnt going to be that much faster, but you get the idea). I believe both come in no-plug variants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well if it's an ancient HP desktop with a GT730, it probably come with a proprietary PSU meaning you are pretty much limited to stock specs. You need to look at what wattage it can provide - or if it even has a PCIe 6 or 8 pin plug for a powered graphics card. Or if a larger card can fit, a GT730 is probably the size of your phone compared to an RTX4090 that will punch through a concrete floor if you drop it.

In terms of what one can recommend to replace it... yeah... according to userbenchmark, even an old crappy GTX1650 or RX6500 is about 800-1000% faster in terms of raw performance (obviously GW2 isnt going to be that much faster, but you get the idea). I believe both come in no-plug variants.

Thanks for that but no need to purchase or change really as my gaming rig will be fixed soon, just using this in interim and trying to figure out what screen res to run the game at. Thanks again!! 

15 minutes ago, Joxer.6024 said:

Thanks for that but no need to purchase or change really as my gaming rig will be fixed soon, just using this in interim and trying to figure out what screen res to run the game at. Thanks again!! 

Ah I thought you where looking for lower range cards. When it comes to settings... well you have what you have, test any setting lol. Guessing everything low or off for decent fps.

• Thanks 1